Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Scabs, get back on the proper thread and get it past the magic 3k.
  • This is the proper thread
  • 14 Dec 2010 14:29:39
    14 Dec 2010 13:22:12
    Breaking new!
    Charlton will complete the transfer of Watford striker Nathan Ellington for £500,000 on January 1st

To quote the official website "Watford chief executive Julian Winter said the Hornets are "working hard" to try and find Nathan Ellington a new club before the club's highest paid player returns in January. "
  • 14 Dec 2010 13:03:20
    Fraser Forster will return to Newcastle in January but then will be loaned out to league 1 side Charlton as the new owners coming in at the valley want promotion this season. ALSO Phil Parkinson has got 3mil to spend in the January transfer window
  • [cite]Posted By: covered end junior[/cite]14 Dec 2010 14:29:39
    14 Dec 2010 13:22:12
    Breaking new!
    Charlton will complete the transfer of Watford striker Nathan Ellington for £500,000 on January 1st

To quote the official website "Watford chief executive Julian Winter said the Hornets are "working hard" to try and find Nathan Ellington a new club before the club's highest paid player returns in January. "

certainly would have been a good striker at this level a few years ago ... still only 29 so possibly 500k is a good fee??? Stats don't look good though ...

Watford 2007-2008 51 apearances 5 goals
    Derby Loan 2008-2009 27 appearances 3 goals
    Skoda Xanthi Loan 16 appearances 7 goals - this is at level of Greek Super League - they are 7th out of 16
  • Ellington out of contract in summer so 500k well over the top

Forster was on loan to Norwich and had a blinder against us. Looked very good. Not sure Pards would do us any favours though
  • I thought Forster was on loan at Celtic this year.
  • From today's Sun:

PLYMOUTH will sell Charlton target Bradley Wright-Phillips to help raise the £760,000 they need to avoid being wound-up.

Would be a very decent signing.
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]From today's Sun:

PLYMOUTH will sell Charlton target Bradley Wright-Phillips to help raise the £760,000 they need to avoid being wound-up.

Would be a very decent signing.

Apart from the fact that he would always be late out onto the pitch at halftime, only opportunity he gets to rifle through his teammates pockets
  • Could see this happening with takeover money , he is a South London boy after all . He also seems to have found his level in this Division.

But what does this mean for the other strikers ?
  • Sponsored links:

• I've heard his name several times this week and yet I still think he's gash

Really not interested
  • BWP is this years Andy Gray, never done much at the level above (a level that we aim to be at next season) and currently scoring for fun in our division. I am sure he would do just fine for us, but I would rather spend more money on the potential that is Austin
  • BWP - no thanks, not for me.
  • Get Nathan Dyer as well and we should be able to steal the show! Not for me either, he's lived in the shadows of dad and half-brother and from what I've seen, that's the best place for him.
  • edited December 2010
    Didn't realise BWP was scoring so many, 12 in 14 league games.

If the takeover only gives Parky £1m to spend on say 3 players, for £250k or so he could be a good signing. He's 25, not all strikers score regularly in their early 20s. That said could be a one off season for him.

Someone like Austin could cost twice as much considering Plymouth need the money.
  • His big, his quick, his always on the nick Bradley Wright Wright Bradley Wright - I'll get my coat.
  • edited December 2010
    Interesting to see us once again linked with reasonable (for our level) players, by next friday we will (hopefully) know whether these players are realistic targets or whether we will be bringing in Walton and Hersham strikers in on a weeks trial!
  • Personally would not mind BWP, seems to have settled down in the last 18months since he has been at Plymouth. Also his Champ record is not terrible- certainly last season he was injured for most of it but got a few goals whilst he could be the type of player who needed to drop down to League 1- get a few goals to get goalscoring confidence and then be ready for the next level.

Unfair to call him the new Andy Gray- for a start BWP is only 25.
  • And we're not paying £2m for him.
  • Assumijng money becomes available Parky will need to be careful to not knock the squad morale, as happened when Pards brought in palyers (albeit loans)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Personally would not mind BWP, seems to have settled down in the last 18months since he has been at Plymouth. Also his Champ record is not terrible- certainly last season he was injured for most of it but got a few goals whilst he could be the type of player who needed to drop down to League 1- get a few goals to get goalscoring confidence and then be ready for the next level.

Unfair to call him the new Andy Gray- for a start BWP is only 25.

I only meant that i hoped he was not going to score or even look like scoring for us, but I suppose that role is already taken
  • absolutely pointless buying someone like BWP with the way we play.

parky needs to bring in a 8'2'' striker, is Robert Wadlow still alive?
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]absolutely pointless buying someone like BWP with the way we play.

Think he may have played basketball and not soccer.
  • makes sense guinness
  • We need some creativity in midfield for Christmas sake not another striker.
  • Whats kevin francis upto he was a giant.
  • [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]absolutely pointless buying someone like BWP with the way we play.

Think he may have played basketball and not soccer.

You what?
  • Rather have SWP than BWP
  • Konch as left back I;d like
  • [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Konch as left back I;d like

Not a lot of use with two broken legs and eating through a straw.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!