Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Gow was very good for Blackpool 2 seasons ago, scored a few crackers and was then on the verge of joining Wolves as they were romping to the title in the Champ but failed a medical due to a dodgy knee (I think), not done a lot since but as said above would fit the utility tole. We could do worse but I do think we need more of an out and out striker and someone to cover Waggy.
  • Please no.
  • Getting Varney would be a mare, however good or bad he is in the championship.

How quick is Benson?
  • Rumours Dagenham way that Benson will be signing for us tomorrow for around £230k and they will sign Kandol as a replacement.
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Rumours Dagenham way that Benson will be signing for us tomorrow for around £230k and they will sign Kandol as a replacement.

230k for a league 2 player who is 30

I would be very surprised if we shelled out anywhere near that
  • 230k was would ridiculous in our situation. He's not even proven at this level is he?
  • did'nt do bad at Crewe
  • after the oldham game yesterday i was speaking to richard murray and i asked him about benson and he said he cant say to much but he did say that phil really wants him.

i also asked him about fortune and he said that was an easier one because fortune wants to sign

and youga said he will be back in a week
  • edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: steve123[/cite]after the oldham game yesterday i was speaking to richard murray and i asked him about benson and he said he cant say to much but he did say that phil really wants him.

i also asked him about fortune and he said that was an easier one because fortune wants to sign

and youga said he will be back in a week

Are you Steve Waggott?
  • no i spoke to him outside the ground after the game
  • Sponsored links:

• Gow i would take, Varney i think would be worth another look at. £250k is too much for someone like Benson. as for Stern John, no thanks
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Rumours Dagenham way that Benson will be signing for us tomorrow for around £230k and they will sign Kandol as a replacement.

I assume you were reading the same board as me. Think that is too mu h myself .
  • Thanks if genuine Steve123. RM has certainly been very forthcoming in the past. Nice to know Fortune fancies another spell but fitness levels and priorities elsewhere may mean it doesn't quite happen judging by Parky's recent comments.

Re. Benson, it would represent a huge statemnt of backing for Parky who has done very well with signings to date, but without ever having seen Benson live I'd have reservations too about that fee for a 30 year old.
  • it is genuine
  • I heard the figure Dagenham wanted was nearer to £100k
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Rumours Dagenham way that Benson will be signing for us tomorrow for around £230k and they will sign Kandol as a replacement.

I assume you were reading the same board as me. Think that is too mu h myself .

Yeah Clem. At least one bod on that board is itk, so will be interesting to see any follow-up comments.
  • according to D & R people benson could be ours soon still not 100% sure

Benno is very loyal to John Still so i reckon he will only leave if JS gives him the nod,

but for me he is the wrong signing i would love to be proven wrong but i dont see where he fits i saw atleast 10 D&R games last year in which benno scored 3 times but in the games he didnt score you didnt even notice him playing

please parky dont do it
  • Latest on Football Rumours

22 Aug 2010 20:46:29
    Luke Varney and Stern John will sign for charlton tomorrow

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST! !
  • [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST! !

For the 15th time!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: steve123[/cite]and youga said he will be back in a week[/quote]

The club has been saying that for every week since he was injured, I reckon its still a while before he will be up for a 1st team game
  • Sponsored links:

• The Sun this morning says we are set to sign Benson. Depends how much we are offering i guess seeing as we supposedly had 3 bids turned down, or is it 4. He is 30 and not tested at this level. Is he fast? A poacher? A target man? I don't know anything about him. Hope he can produce the goals if we do sign him.
  • a poacher/sniffer who can create his own chances and snap up any made for him.

Not particularly fast but not slow according to someone who played with him.
  • he is a strange type of player, i would say not a poacher or a target man, he can be a good release as he certainly can hold the ball up although he is not particularly big and strong looking

he scores some good goals and tap ins i dont see him any different to what we have sort of in between pawel and akpo

not as tricky as Martin nor as quick
  • dagenham have yet to find the net this season in the league Benno hardly gets a mention in the notts county report
  • Rumoured trialist Tom Craddock came off the bench to score for Luton on Saturday.
  • Alan Lee set to sign for Uddersfield apparently.
  • i no the club have said youga will be back in a week ever since he got injured but this came from youga himself
  • i no its not a rumour but the striker we should go for is danny ward on loan from bolton.

he looked quality last year for swindon and he can also pay on the wing and on ssn it said that bolton would be loaning him out again
  • Just heard on radio that Rotherham have signed a Nigerian striker. Could that mean that ALF is on his way out?
  • we can only dream of having him here unfortunately

he is exactly what we need a small quick striker who knows where the back of the net is
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!