Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Benson to join Cafc this week
  • Where's that from?
  • [cite]Posted By: cabbie8[/cite]Benson to join Cafc this week

Don't tell us - you had someone in the back of your cab that ................
  • A mate told me this morning, so not sure where it's come from but thought I'd share it
  • we dont need benno he is the wrong sort of striker i really hope this is not true,
  • Since this thread's nearly died, does anyone know who the triallist was who came on and earned the pen in the Spurs reserves game yesterday? Interesting that Fortune's still with us - I understood he might've been just staying fit with his old club but wouldn't have expected us to play him in a game like that.
  • Rumoured to be Smeekes, the Flying Dutchman "...who's coming over from Holland for a trial"
  • Oh - thought that one had faded away. Still, as Parky regularly says, these things take a long time to get over the line.
  • [cite]Posted By: Paddy7[/cite]Interesting that Fortune's still with us - I understood he might've been just staying fit with his old club but wouldn't have expected us to play him in a game like that.

Showcase for him. Lots of coaches and managers there watching according to the Spurs report.
  • noticed jon obika still with spurs, could do with signing him on loan if possible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Might have been mentioned elsewhere but Blackpool have bid 600k for Pitman at Bournemouth.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Paddy7[/cite]Interesting that Fortune's still with us - I understood he might've been just staying fit with his old club but wouldn't have expected us to play him in a game like that.

Showcase for him. Lots of coaches and managers there watching according to the Spurs report.
    Spurs OS thinks he still plays for us!
  • Latest from Sky on Benson and any new players etc

Charlton Athletic manager Phil Parkinson has refused to rule out making another bid for Dagenham & Redbridge striker Paul Benson.

The Addicks have seen three offers turned down by their League One rivals over the summer, with Daggers boss John Still claiming the bids were way off their valuation of the 30-year-old.

Parkinson has witnessed his team start the season with back-to-back league wins, but he insists that there is still a lot of work to be done in terms of strengthening the squad.

"I don't like to talk about players from other clubs, but we have made enquiries regarding several players because we still have some work to do in terms of rebuilding the squad," Parkinson told skysports.com.

"We will continue to do that in the coming weeks and I'd like to bring another couple of players into the mix.

"I'm pleased with the additions we have managed to bring in so far and the squad is starting to take shape, but it's still not the finished article just yet.

"Obviously, I'm delighted with the way we have started the season, but we need to get more depth in our squad because injuries and suspensions would decimate our ranks later on in the campaign."
  • FR

19 Aug 2010 07:30:22
    Charlton are set to sign Tom craddock from Luton town after luton let him train with the addicks at start of week, Liam Fontaine of Bristol city is also interesting them but a loan deal looks more likely. .
  • From BBC

"Luton Town striker Tom Craddock is eager to leave Kenilworth Road for an unnamed club, says boss Richard Money.

The Hatters manager left the 23-year-old out of the side that travelled to Kettering on Tuesday amid interest from a Football League club.

Money told BBC Three Counties Radio: "I said when we get a bid from that club, we'll discuss it with him.

"It doesn't worry us. The pure, simple matter for us is we want 20 players who want to play for Luton Town."

Craddock, who scored 21 goals in the Blue Square Premier last season, was used as a late substitute during the season-opening victory over Altrincham but was absent from the squad that beat the Poppies.

Fellow frontman Matthew Barnes-Homer has been starting in his place and grabbed a hat-trick in the 3-1 win at Rockingham Road.

Money had been eager to discuss a new deal with Middlesbrough youth product Craddock, as his contract expires at the end of the season.

"There was always going to be issues with players who weren't in the team," added Money.

"If that issue has arisen early with someone like Tommy Craddock then we'll deal with it.

"But let's talk about the 16 who were in the group and the 11 that were on the pitch.

"The man who has replaced him has scored three goals, so that's where I'm at."

I had to laugh at the replacement called Barnes-Homer. A bizarre combination of North Stand Steve and Homer Simpson. The mind boggles.
  • Well if we are the club the FR post seems like a decent one. Hope we can get Fontaine....gary johnson loved him at BC.
  • Fontaine seems an odd one. He's a defender but he is from Bromley so can't be all bad.
  • two other posters on Footie Rumours say he (Craddock) is to sign for Norwich. Could he have been the triallist against Spurs though ?
  • Fontaine in as CB, fry as main LB with Youga returning, move Jackson to CM full time, must mean Racon's leaving then ;)
  • cannot see Craddock going to Norwich, they have spent big on Jackson but also have Holt and Martin so doubt Craddock would get much of a look in.

Know a lot of people were surprised to see Craddock sign for Luton when they were relegated to the Blue Sq as there were offers from higher.
  • Sponsored links:

• Craddock rumoured to be joining us. Or Palace for £100k. Or Gillingham with McCammon going the other way.

All a bit vague at present
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]cannot see Craddock going to Norwich, they have spent big on Jackson but also have Holt and Martin so doubt Craddock would get much of a look in.

Know a lot of people were surprised to see Craddock sign for Luton when they were relegated to the Blue Sq as there were offers from higher.

and Narwich have Oli Johnson too. Think Craddock signed for Luton whilst they were still in the FL.
  • My mate is currently doing some electric work at the Valley and just text me to say he's just seen Leroy Ambrose mum arrive. Heard talk she is signing on a 2 year contract....apprently she been walking round in circles in reception for 15 minutes....something to do with 2 left feet.
  • Sky commentators at Coventry vs Derby saying Varney has been left out as he is set to joun QPR or Charlton.
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Sky commentators at Coventry vs Derby saying Varney has been left out as he is set to joun QPR or Charlton.

Funny thing is I think I read that somewhere else but cannot quite recall where
  • Latest FR gem:

Christian Dailly to sign for Leeds on Monday from Charlton, on a short term deal!
  • Why would we let our captain go on a short term deal maddness happens unless for 5 million
  • Charlton is supposedly back in the mix for Alan Gow, who would like people to know, before booking his next ticket anywhere, that he is most assuredly not a target man.
  • What sort of player is he? Some pace up front would be useful but only if we can find someone with a brain to use it. And ideally who doesn't crumble under pressure in front of goal...!
  • Was having a look on a Dagenham board this am and it would appear there was some sort of fans forum meeting last week. This was attended by John Still who, when asked advised that Charlton had made 4 offers for Benson and that the last was very close to their valuation.

They were expecting another bid. Watch this space I guess.

Gow would fit the Parky utility man mould. He can play wide as well. Looked ok at Blackpool but from what I recall had injury problems at Plymouth.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!