Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• pissing myself f****ing laughing....................i think
  • Luke Varney. Unlikely but I wouldn't upset if true.
  • Would love to see Varney back could complete the jig saw (and i dont mean that he falls apart in thye box!). His pace could be a real threat and a great work ethic.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Luke Varney. Unlikely but I wouldn't upset if true.

Yeh!
    Varney couldn't handle the pressure and expectation (and Pardew hype) of being " the man to fire us into the Premiership".

As one of 4 strikers in League 1 he should find his level and would offer us the small quickie to compliment the others.
    Would the fans welcome him back though?
  • I'd have him back like a shot for League 1. Would compliment Abbott very well imo.
  • There you go Large Addick. A proper rumour for you ! Luke Varney to return to Charlton.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A72407955

I think he could do a good job at right wing / midfield and in the middle at a push. He has scored goals at L1 for Crewe. I would not be unhappy. I think he would be better paired with Abbot than Sodje as Sodje is not exactly prolific.
  • I rated Varney when he was here before. I thought he looked a threat, but as others have said i think there was a lot of pressure on him from the management. I don't remember the fans ever treating him in the same way as they treated Mooney so i don't think he would be unwelcome if he came back.

I would be happy with this especially at this level. He could grow with us and become a very good player.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Luke Varney. Unlikely but I wouldn't upset if true.

As said.
  • Same here. Good player at this level!
  • I would have Varney back, but i think it's unlikely to happen.

speaking of unlikely to happen, here's a new one from FR.

01 Aug 2010 09:11:14
    Charlton are in talks with Rowan Vine, however proceedings are being delayed by his negotiations with QPR over terminating his contract.
  • Sponsored links:

• Vine would be good, played under Parky before but like it has already been said, had a bad injury and might not be the same player
  • and hes on big wage
  • 15k hes on at QPR supposedly
  • Nicked from 606

I said the other day Matty Fry was going to sign because I know his family. Spoke to him this morning on his way to light training, and he told me he trained for first time yesterday. Said we had 4 trialists there, one was Norbert, one a young defender from non-league about 17, one was Orlando Smeekes and the other was a left winger, wasnt sure about his name, a black guy. He also said Paul Benson turnt up at the training ground yesterday to discuss personal terms, but a fee has yet to be agreed. Dag and Red wanted him to see if he wanted to come, because if he doesnt, then a fee is irrelevant anyway.
  • if he is on £15k a week and he has 2 years last on his contract - he's going to be receiving a six figure settlement . he wont be short on money, so maybe he would take a lower wage.
  • "turnt up"
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]"turnt up"

Pardon?
  • if that's true, it'll be interesting to see if Benson lines up against Sheffied Weds tomorrow.
  • Surely with all the other Dutch speculation (see other threads) its more likely to be Mr Smeekes on the bench...
  • [cite]Posted By: cafc-west[/cite]Surely with all the other Dutch speculation (see other threads) its more likely to be Mr Smeekes on the bench...

What I reckon too. If we did play 4-4-2, then we'd have no senior striker on the bench.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]He also said Paul Benson turnt up at the training ground yesterday to discuss personal terms, but a fee has yet to be agreed. Dag and Red wanted him to see if he wanted to come, because if he doesnt, then a fee is irrelevant anyway.

Hmmmmm ..... this one seems to have legs.

Confirmed by our club that we've had 3 rejected offers for the player.
    And Daggers manager, saying our bids have been 'derisory' and if we want him, we'll have to offer more.

And then, it's rumoured, the player has been allowed by his club to decide for himself if he wants to come here.
    If true, sounds to me the player is now unsettled and at 30, wants to have shot at playing for a 'bigger' club?

Watch this space, I suppose?
  • I'm sure Benson is injured at the moment so doubt he'd pass a medical for a while.
  • Totally unreliable source unconnected to Charlton says we "are looking at" Bernard Parker, another South African (why do we bother they have all flopped with us) on loan from FC Twente.

spin is he's got some dodgy contract and maybe banned for signing for two clubs so they are happy to ship him out.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Totally unreliable source unconnected to Charlton says we "are looking at" Bernard Parker, another South African (why do we bother they have all flopped with us) on loan from FC Twente.

spin is he's got some dodgy contract and maybe banned for signing for two clubs so they are happy to ship him out.[/quote]

If he is banned no one will be able to slag him off, so i say sign him
  • [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Totally unreliable source unconnected to Charlton says we "are looking at" Bernard Parker, another South African (why do we bother they have all flopped with us) on loan from FC Twente.

spin is he's got some dodgy contract and maybe banned for signing for two clubs so they are happy to ship him out.

If he is banned no one will be able to slag him off, so i say sign him

And we can have a good moan about why we signed him when he's banned so all good.

As I said totally unreliable source.
  • He has a good goalscoring habit!

Goal a game in south African footie
    1 in 2 for red star Belgrade
    1 in 3 for south Africa

Interesting if true
  • Looks intriguing but surely on his record alone would be higher than league one
  • 'minimum 6 months suspension.'

so he could be banned for longer. yeah think we should pass
  • doesnt look like eastwood will be signing he scored 2 yesterday
  • Ian Thomas - Moore has handed in a transfer request at Tranny , Could he be the answer at this level even at 33.

We could mount a whip round for his fee
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!