Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• this dad ronnie wants him at rotherham already had a bid turned down by tranny- problerly why he put transfer request in!!!
  • Thomas moore is nowhere what we need, we already have 2 big lumps in abbott and akpo, we need a nimble fast striker to play alongside the big uns ala quinn and philips.
  • theo robinson?
  • nathan tyson?
  • the rumours have seemed to of dried up has anyone got any more
  • The Bernard Parker rumour has got to be rubbish, he was a sub for FC Twente at the weekend and he's played 14 times for them since signing. So it would seem that any contract dispute he had has been resolved or he wouldn't be allowed to play for them.
    And in any case Twente are in the Champions league, so why would he come to league one?!!
  • orlando smeekes to sign in the next few days
  • [cite]Posted By: coltsgoalie[/cite]orlando smeekes to sign in the next few days
    Where's that come from?

Where was it even confirmed we had him on trial?
  • Sponsored links:

• I was reading up on Smeekes. The FC Carl Zeiss Jena (he's current club) Director confirmed when he was on trial at coventry that if the trial was successful he would cost them 200,000 euros. I cant see us paying that for another winger/striker from the German 3rd Division!
  • [cite]Posted By: coltsgoalie[/cite]the rumours have seemed to of dried up has anyone got any more

Peter Crouch not to move to either Liverpool or Everton in light of recent revelations...;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: heavenSE7[/cite]I was reading up on Smeekes. The FC Carl Zeiss Jena (he's current club) Director confirmed when he was on trial at coventry that if the trial was successful he would cost them 200,000 euros. I cant see us paying that for another winger/striker from the German 3rd Division!
    I was just having a look myself, looks like he's been a winger most of his career, which explains his lack of goals. Last season it seems he played up front and scored 17 in about 35 games. Late 20s, only one season of scoring regularly, never played over here before and if that's true would cost over £150k. Can't see it unless we get him on loan or something and he does really well. Big risk taking a foreign player at that age and it would be a big fee for us.
  • any more on the rumours front?
  • Smeekes is 27.

As Scoham says, he's always played as a Kyel Reid style right winger - strong, fast, direct with a tricky change of pace and a good cross on the run.

Good technique on the ball and a Jay Bothroyd type goalscoring freekick expert. Last season's haul of 17 goals in 35 matches playing the inside channels was pretty impressive.

There's a bit of YouTube video footage about - I posted a few links a week ago. Go take a look, you'll see for yourself his style of play and what he's all about.
  • Is Smeekes still on trial?
  • it was never confirmed that he was on trial
  • edited August 2010
    anyone got any actuall rumours
  • [cite]Posted By: coltsgoalie[/cite]anyone got any actuall rumours

Obviously not or they'd put them on here.

Sure that as the window approaches and just after rumours of last minutes deals and loans will pick up.
  • just looked on football-rumours and there's one someone posted this morning...

11 Aug 2010 10:12:32
    Charlton are hoping to sign free agents Jay Demerit and Kerrea Gilbert. They also hope to tie up a deal for York's Richard Brodie.

I would have thought Demerit would have found himself a new club by now. the other two have been posted before.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2010
    Jay demerit would be good as would Brodie but we do not need another right back, but then again it is all utter tosh as usual
  • Demerit would be top draw, and after sollys excelent game on Saturday I don't think another rb is needed as said. A right winger and a striker with pace is a must unless we keep the 4 4 1 1 with martin and abbot up top.
  • Would be a good signing if we didn't already have plenty of options at centre back.
  • I would be shocked to see Demerit in Charlton colours. I would love to be proven wrong. I'm surprised to hear that he remains without a club though.
  • Me too. He's always been good enough for the Championship- he even had a season in the Prem with Watford a few years ago.

30 years old, very solid 1st ball CB, but seem to remember he doesn't have particularly quick feet.
    If we signed another CB, we'd need somebody who's a bit more mobile, I reckon.

Strange, he's looking for a club but after the World Cup exit 6 weeks ago he's probably done very little training.
    So if he signed for a British club again, he'll be a bit off the pace p'raps.

His agent is doing the agent thing, "We've had offers from all over Europe". Yeah, right, lol
  • So offers from Azerbaijan and ukraine
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]So offers from Azerbaijan and ukraine
    Don't forget the Cypriot 2nd division
  • how do people feel about Bauza now Martin and Abbott are here?

Smart got poor reviews so still a wide man and a striker required or something else.

Ipswich seemed to be after two strikers which be good news for us ie we can keep martin
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]how do people feel about Bauza now Martin and Abbott are here?

Smart got poor reviews so still a wide man and a striker required or something else.

Ipswich seemed to be after two strikers which be good news for us ie we can keep martin

We still need another striker - Akpo, Martin and Abbot aren't enough for a full campaign.

And didn't we sign Martin on a season loan? Presumably there's some small print in there that allows for his recall in January, but that still gives us half a season.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!