Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Just heard on radio that Rotherham have signed a Nigerian striker. Could that mean that ALF is on his way out?

I know times are hard but...
  • [cite]Posted By: steve123[/cite]i no its not a rumour but the striker we should go for is danny ward on loan from bolton.

he looked quality last year for swindon and he can also pay on the wing and on ssn it said that bolton would be loaning him out again

Apparently there’s 12 Championship clubs after him.
  • [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Just heard on radio that Rotherham have signed a Nigerian striker. Could that mean that ALF is on his way out?

Maybe he is but won't be to us, well not for the £3 million quoted in todays paper (the sun i know, but still)
  • [cite]Posted By: steve123[/cite]i no its not a rumour but the striker we should go for is danny ward on loan from bolton.

he looked quality last year for swindon and he can also pay on the wing and on ssn it said that bolton would be loaning him out again

I heard he's off to Palace on loan.
  • Millwall or Scunthorpe for Ward.
  • Paul Konchesky being linked with a move to re-unite with his old boss Roy Hodgson. Can't Imagine he's good enough at that level.
  • [cite]Posted By: CH4RLTON[/cite]Paul Konchesky being linked with a move to re-unite with his old boss Roy Hodgson. Can't Imagine he's good enough at that level.

really ? I thought him unlucky not to get in the World Cup squad.
  • way there squad is atm, i might be giving hodgson a call soon enough
  • Konchesky should do well at Liverpool imho, Daniel Agger has been playing there recently and he is not a LB so Konchesky should at least give Liverpool a bit more of a solid backline. Wish him all the best if the deal goes through. And he has Jonjo to discuss all things West Ham with.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Konchesky should do well at Liverpool imho, Daniel Agger has been playing there recently and he is not a LB so Konchesky should at least give Liverpool a bit more of a solid backline. Wish him all the best if the deal goes through. And he has Jonjo to discuss all things West Ham with.

And Joe Cole not to mention most of their fan base...
  • Sponsored links:

• Aren't we supposed to be looking for an additional striker/winger?

What about Joe Anyinsah, who left Carlisle in the summer after scoring 13 goals in 47 appearances over one and a half seasons? He can play both positions and would add great competition.
  • edited August 2010
    Konchesky would be miles better than Insua although not as good as Aurelion, he's solid and has Europa league experience. Probaly as good a player they can afford with what's out there.
  • [cite]Posted By: Callumcafc[/cite]Aren't we supposed to be looking for an additional striker/winger?

What about Joe Anyinsah, who left Carlisle in the summer after scoring 13 goals in 47 appearances over one and a half seasons? He can play both positions and would add great competition.

he would be a good addition are you sure you aint parky
  • edited August 2010
    Alan Gow would be my first choice to fill the striker/winger role. if not, Anyinsah wouldn't be a bad option. although has said he want to move closer to his home in Bristol... which i suppose we are.
  • edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]he would be a good addition are you sure you aint parky

I think he must be. Posting as a rumour to see how we react. Well I'd be happy with Anyinsah. That do you Callum Phil ?
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]he would be a good addition are you sure you aint parky

I think he must be. Posting as a rumour to see how we react. Well I'd be happy with Anyinsah. That do you[strike]Callum[/strike]Phil ?

I don't think I would be. He's not exactly lit up the firmament so far, has he?
  • wow i'm related to phil parkinson?:o never knew that!
  • fortune to sign tommorrow
  • [cite]Posted By: CH4RLTON[/cite]Paul Konchesky being linked with a move to re-unite with his old boss Roy Hodgson. Can't Imagine he's good enough at that level.

Really? Liverpool are a top 7 side now and are playing in a Europa League qualifier tonight. He was playing at a higher level last season with Fulham.
  • Alan Gow set to sign for Motherwell according to Sky
  • Sponsored links:

• So no Varney. No Gow. Benson ? Then whom?
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]So no Varney. No Gow. Benson ? Then whom?

Joe Anyinsah.
  • I still think we will see Benson to be honest I don't think we ever were going to get varney or gow so I ain't that bothered about not getting them now. I reckon 3 players will sign b4 Saturday
  • I think you could be right clem
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I still think we will see Benson to be honest I don't think we ever were going to get varney or gow so I ain't that bothered about not getting them now. I reckon 3 players will sign b4 Saturday

With us playing on the 31st deals on the day might be thin on the ground. Personally think our business will be concluded on Monday.
  • And that's a bank holiday.

Apart from just a handful of exceptions, I reckon most deals will be done tomorrow.
  • I think we can still bring in loan players after Tuesday and of course sign unattached players eg Fortune so would not be surprised to see only 1 or 2 arrive before next week and maybe another one on loan a little later.
  • You're right there Dan ......Fortune is a free agent and can be signed and eligible to play outside of the window.

There's something like a 7-day gap after the window shuts on 31 Aug, before the loan window opens again before it closes about 23 November.
  • I can see Benson getting off the D&R coach, when it pulls into The Valley on Tuesday & going straight into the Charlton dressing room :-)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!