Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Stern John? STERN JOHN?

The real answer to our problems! Akpo Sodje and Stern John upfront..

So glad FR is full of complete and utter toot!
  • More from FR

29 Jul 2010 22:10:11
    You heard it here first.

Charlton to sign Freddie Eastwood and Rowan Vine to overcome striking problems of just one professional.

Steve Kabba is also strongly linked to sign on a free.

Also heard from very good source, best friend with Mark Kinsella, that the addicks are going to make a last ditch attempt to bring in Jon Ostembor in aswell as offering James Mulley and Jon Fortune contracts.
  • Richard J it would be better if you put your surname of MURRAY in as well then people would start to take you seriously.
  • Kabba has just signed for Barnet?
  • And Ostembor is at Wednesday?
  • I've heard a rumour that plaayer has got rid of the silly coat and cap for the new season.
  • Must be on Footballrumours because it's bollocks!
  • Family ok mate?
  • yes mate, both the girls are away on a scouts camp in the lake district ( its bloody bliss)and Joe is doing my head in becoz i didn't take him Bromley last night. We went Kent on sunday and I got shite faced but he got me home ok. Rammo at work so not seeing a lot of them at the moment. How's the littlen mate ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Just to say that I was at the Valley getting a season ticket for a friend yesterday, and I saw a personalised numberplate on a massive Range Rover in the West Stand car park. It was "FRY 22"... Parked quite a bit away from the actual stand though, if that makes any difference. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with Matt Fry, whom we had on loan for the latter half of the season? He didn't play.
  • Barry Fry coming in as a director of football?

matty fryatt coming on loan?

Stephen Fry involved in a takeover?
  • [cite]Posted By: PaddyP17[/cite]Just to say that I was at the Valley getting a season ticket for a friend yesterday, and I saw a personalised numberplate on a massive Range Rover in the West Stand car park. It was "FRY 22"... Parked quite a bit away from the actual stand though, if that makes any difference. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with Matt Fry, whom we had on loan for the latter half of the season? He didn't play.
    Wouldn't be surprised, would give us cover at centre and left back. He'd have a chance of playing with Youga not ready at the moment.
  • His brother plays in the same team as me, just signed a new 2 year deal with West Ham. I then went on to ask him if he was talking to anyone, not mentioning I was Charlton, and he did say that they were in talks with another loan deal. I asked him what happened while he was at us and he said to me he was injured throughout the loan, was gutted to not be involved at any point but wants to come back on loan. Sounds promising maybe?
  • Former Huddersfield Town striker Pawel Abbott, released by Oldham, has snubbed a move to Rotherham United and opted instead for a move to Charlton.

Also Tresor Kandol leaving Leeds and supposedly wants to come to us.
  • I assume this is from FR ? H e does seem to score about one in three apperances according to Wiki. Not exactly exciting but could work if he was part of a few players scoring ten plus.
  • Abbott too old, Kandol crap. So no thanks.
  • edited July 2010
    Stephen Fry to takeover, with Alan Carr as the new Pitchside announcer and Graham Norton as new Chief Scout?
  • From FR

Charlton Athletic manager Phil Parkinson has made two Enquiries for two strikers one being Macclesfield Town forward Emile Sinclair and the other being Bristol Rovers hitman Jo Kuffour.

Yep most probally rubbish but cant say i know alot about them?
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Abbott too old, Kandol crap. So no thanks.

yep totally agree on the Kandol front, cant say i know anything about abbott but he is only 28, maybe a season left him in ?
  • Sponsored links:

• from vital

Rotherham United Manager, Ronnie Moore has made no secret that he is on the look out for a striker to compliment Adam Le Fondre this season and when Pawel Abbott was released by Oldham the Millers boss became interested.

Unfortunately, it looks like the twenty-eight year old former Huddersfield striker is on his way to Charlton Athletic.

Speaking to The Advertiser, Moore said, 'We had a call saying that Oldham were going to let him go but that Charlton had offered £75,000 plus a substantial wage increase.

'It's disappointing but we'll just have to keep searching. We need an experienced striker who can blend with Adam Le Fondre.'

Abbott began his career with Preston North End and moved to Huddersfield Town in 2004 where he scored forty-four league goals in just over one hundred games. He played for Swansea City and Darlington before moving to Oldham last season where he was their top scorer with thirteen goals.
  • You put your left foot in
    your left foot out
    in, out, in, out
    you shake it all about
    you do the Pawel Abbott
    and you turn around
    thats what its all about.
    ohhhhh the Pawel Abbott
    ohhhhh the Pawel Abbott
    left foot, right foot
    goal, goal, goal
  • [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Abbott too old, Kandol crap. So no thanks.

yep totally agree on the Kandol front, cant say i know anything about abbott but he is only 28, maybe a season left him in ?

thought he was older than that, seems to have been around forever. Was ggod when at Huddersfield but only 13 goals in our league last season. That's ok if we can find someone else to bang in 20. Why would we offer 75k if Oldham were going to let him go and why if he was their top scorer last season ?
  • edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    Why would we offer 75k if Oldham were going to let him go and why if he was their top scorer last season ?

i don't think he has been released. according to wiki he has another year on his contract and he played for oldham in a friendly last night
  • If he was released we wouldn't have to pay anything for him because of his age. For 75k i think he's worth a go.
  • Looking at Abbott's goalscoring record, he's not really done much apart from a decent year last season, and before that about 5 years ago.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    Why would we offer 75k if Oldham were going to let him go and why if he was their top scorer last season ?

i don't think he has been released. according to wiki he has another year on his contract and he played for oldham in a friendly last night

I was just going on what Ronnie Moore said - Speaking to The Advertiser, Moore said, 'We had a call saying that Oldham were going to let him go but that Charlton had offered £75,000 plus a substantial wage increase'.
  • Perhaps they were about to let Rotherham have him for nothing until we made a small bid which would stop Oldham from letting that happen.
  • Pawel Abbot is pretty proven at this level

90 in 241 games is respectable IMO
  • Surely we can do better than an Oldham reject?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!