Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Love it, Kap !
  • [cite]Posted By: Vincenzo[/cite]

He'd be an idiot to fly tip leaving his name and address on his mail too!

according to him he just paid some guy in a white van to get rid of it. he should get on the phone to rogue traders.
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Something tells me that Freddy was lying. There is no way a footballer who was the next big thing at Southend, cost Wolves 1.5m and then cost Coventry over a million as well, is only on 1k a week.

well he's a pikey, so i can't imagine his demands were that high.

as for Rowan Vine, he did play for Parky, scored 10 in 36 games. More of a goal creator than scorer; might be a better option than Bauza or Thor, but he's certainly not the 20+ a season striker we are looking for. If we move quick we could have him in the squad for the watford game, so we can get a good look at him. although he might better offers than having a trial with us.
  • Vine looks like he could be a decent replacement for Burton. Holds it up, creates chances for others and scores one in every four games.

Eastwood the finisher to play off him *crosses fingers*
  • why bother with a trial if he's played under Parky before?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite][url]http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=27373&headline=Charlton[/url]chairman and manager set for talks on signings[/quote]

Yeah, no hurry lads! The season doesn't start for another 9 days...
  • edited July 2010
    If we couldn't afford to offer Burton a contract, what is the point of offering a large one to Vine or Eastwood? Are we just going to waste hundreds of thousands on average players to make sure we go bankrupt this time?

I do wonder sometimes if people can do the math.
  • [cite]Posted By: dylanthedog[/cite]why bother with a trial if he's played under Parky before?

since then he suffered a double leg break and was out for a whole season. not played a great deal since then either.
  • [cite]Posted By: Vincenzo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite][url][/url]http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=27373&headline=Charltonchairman and manager set for talks on signings

Yeah, no hurry lads! The season doesn't start for another 9 days...

plenty of time to sign a strike partnership and get them to gel. Oh, I forgot, and to get them fit.
  • Colin - I might have missed the quote from Parky or RM that said we COULDN'T afford to offer Burton a contract.

It was my understanding - from what Burton and his agent have been quoted as saying - that we DIDN'T offer him contract.

And what's 'Math'?
  • Sponsored links:

• From the rumours on here and a bit of guess work, it sounds like Burton was offered a 2 year deal elsewhere and we were only going to offer 1 year. He made it clear he wanted 2 years, so we didn't bother offering him the 1 year deal knowing it would be knocked back. That has nothing to do with weekly wage, and I doubt he is earning any more per week with his new club than he was with us.
  • FR

29 Jul 2010 10:38:26
    Brighton Rumours.

Andrew Whing will leave to join Charlton for £50k

Possible I suppose, he's 25 and plays right back.
  • edited July 2010
    Anymore more rumours folks? Only 9 days and counting and we need 2 strikers and a RB.
  • Andrew Whing? Thats Nicky Baileys lookalike sorted then
  • Anyone who thinks we're getting Le Fondre is mad... will go to a top champ club. Eastwood would be a great signing
  • Never linked with us unless it was FR, but Akinfenwa has signed for Gillingham, 1 year deal.
  • We just need to bid a few dollars more for eastwood...
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]We just need to bid a few dollars more for eastwood...

Some of these rumours are good, some bad and some ugly.
  • Any which way but lose with eastwood up front...
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]We just need to bid a few dollars more for eastwood...[/quote]

Some of these rumours are good, some bad and some ugly.[/quote]

Seven of them though were Magnificient.
  • Sponsored links:

• If it happened he would be a "Sudden Impact" player
  • What we need is a player who could be a bit of an Enforcer.
  • FR

Jul 2010 19:26:47
    I overheard Charlton Manager Phil Parkinson talking on his mobile earlier today and I definitely heard him say "Rowan Vine"

He, he, you do have to laugh!
  • He was actually phoning gardners question time on radio 4 asking for advice on growing vines...
  • FFS £1.5 million !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! £500K !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RM said a small amout of cash for transfers which means he has looked down the back of his sofa etc a small amount of cash at the level we are it is £50 and a Boots voucher -------------------- that will be nearer to what we have to spend than £1.5 million ----FFS.

Vine and Eastwood ? Parky was talking to his Mrs and off to B+Q for a grape vine and picking up an old Eastwood movie from tescos.
  • I'm sure he said he was going to sainsburys?
  • From FR:

"Charlton are on the verge of signing free agent Stern John."

Personally, I think he's rubbish.
  • You beat me by about a minute Mart.

Please god no.....
  • hey im knew on this site but been reading for a while, cant really see the eastwood thing happening, le fondre would cost way too much. Unfortunately i can see some truth in the stern john rumour, typical charlton striker:injury prone and doesn't score. Great.
  • Stern John is fatter than JFH ffs!

This thread is a headache.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!