Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• edited July 2010
    I can't believe this Le Fondre rumour is still going, hahahaha!!

I MADE IT UP

And if that didn't clear it up

I MADE IT UP

I MADE IT UP

I MADE IT UP

Now please stop looking at the Football Rumours site!

If it gets in a newspaper then I should get a Charlton Life pulitzer or something. Or perhaps just a CL badge will do ;)
  • the problem is that the le fondre rumour is that it may have something in it. It's like a few years back there were some Sunderland fans who claimed that they were interested in Jan Koller and the press ran with it, even going so far as to ask him himself whether he was interested in a move to Sunderland and he said yes.

So they can run and run based on rubbish!
  • I don't think the board will go for a striker below League 1 level.
    Already been burnt with McLeod, Dickson and Fleetwood.
    Sounds like from RM's comments we'll be going for forwards who have scored in Lge1 or above.
    Someone like Eastwood or Kevin Phillips. Actually those two up front would do for me!
  • I think Richard Brodie would be a good signing. Id prefer someone younger and open to improvement.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]I don't think the board will go for a striker below League 1 level.
    Already been burnt with McLeod, Dickson and Fleetwood.
    Sounds like from RM's comments we'll be going for forwards who have scored in Lge1 or above.
    Someone like Eastwood or Kevin Phillips. Actually those two up front would do for me!
    Both of whom have played below League One level.

I think it would be a shame if we allowed poor experience in the past guide future signings. Each signing should be seen on it's own merits. Just because McLeod was a let down it'd be daft to assume every player operating at that level isn't capable of doing well in League One.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]I can't believe this Le Fondre rumour is still going, hahahaha!!

I MADE IT UP

If it gets in a newspaper then I should get a Charlton Life pulitzer or something. Or perhaps just a CL badge will do ;)

same thing happened to me after the one time I posted on football-rumours, back in May (an experiment)...

26 May 2010 21:36:52
    Had a chat with Charlton's boss Phil Parkinson and I asked him what players he's looking at signing. He mentioned Jay McEverley, Will Hoskins, Richard Chaplow and Richard Wright (if Darren Randolph leaves for Burnley) he also said he's going to fight tooth & nail to keep Nicky Bailey.

up until then there had been no mention of Will Hoskins anywhere (he had only just been released by watford) after this people started posted lots about him on FR - there was one who said he saw him being shown around the valley, another one about him being at the training ground. then there was a story in the SLP and then skysports.

now i don't know if we were genuinely interested in him or it all just snowballed; chances are we were interested in him, as a lot of other clubs probably were.

le fonre scored 30 goals last season and that has put him on a lot of clubs radar. i'm sure we're are one of the many clubs interested in him, although i seriously doubt we've got enough money and he is more likely to join a championship side.
  • Could Chunes be trying a double bluff?
  • Henry must be right, chunes is defo trying to hide something. Perhaps he is Le Fondre's agent or part of the consortium taking over the club.
  • What i said was that this made sense.

We need a striker Llera would actually be good for Rotherham and possibly the most exciting part of the rumour was that Fortune was resigning.

I guess it was wishful thinking
  • Heidar Helguson? maybe pub talk last night but could be plausible.
  • Sponsored links:

• The latest gems:

28 Jul 2010 08:54:04
    With Murray say he can let Parkinson spend money on strikers this who he will buy

Angekren free
    Francis free
    zheng zhi free
    Pittman 278k
    le fondere 400k

both of the strikers want to come to charlton because its in London

the team for charlton

elliot
    francis daily doc youga
    Reid semedo zhi jackson
    le fondere Pittman

28 Jul 2010 00:55:31
    Charlton will let Phil Parkinson spend money for the first time this week, and he will spend it on 2 strikers, a right back and a goalkeeper

The goalkeeper is rumoured to be Angekren, the right back Stephen Darby on loan from Liverpool, and the strikers Le Fondre from Rotherham and Pitman from Bournemouth
  • Zhengs gone back to china
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]zheng zhi free
    Just checked ZZ on wikipedia, he went back to China last month

http://www.espnstar.com.cn/pub/csl/2010/0628/165096.htm

http://www2.chinadaily.com.cn/sports/2010worldcup/2010-06/30/content_10039814.htm
  • Doubt Zheng would get a work permit to play in England.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]The latest gems:

28 Jul 2010 00:55:31
    Charlton will let Phil Parkinson spend money for the first time this week, and he will spend it on 2 strikers, a right back and a goalkeeper

The goalkeeper is rumoured to be Angekren, the right back Stephen Darby on loan from Liverpool, and the strikers Le Fondre from Rotherham and Pitman from Bournemouth[/quote]

I'd like these to be true. Le Fondre and Pitman would both be superb signings. Although i am sure i read somewhere that Pitman doesn't want to leave Bournemouth.
  • Shame getting ZZ back would be amazing - him and Semedo would rip this division a new one.

I've never seen him play, but based on the fact he scored 18 goals mainly as a sub for me on Football Manager, I like the idea of getting Zavon Hines on loan.

I think that may be the way to go. Pay some money to get a more established 'goalscorer' maybe an Eastwood type and then go looking for a pacy striker on loan from one of the Premier League youth teams. Someone who can stretch a defence, which is something we lacked at times last season (well, we had Mcleod but we need someone with pace and two braincells to rub together).
  • Hines wouldn't come to us. He featured quite a bit for West Ham last season. We'd be better off trying to get Obika or Brandy in.

Zheng Zhi has to be one of the most over rated players I've ever seen at The Valley.
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]
    Zheng Zhi has to be one of the most over rated players I've ever seen at The Valley.

Captain of over 1 billion people...
  • Zheng Zhi wasn't overrated, in his first full season he was our joint top scorer...........
  • When ZZ, Reid and Semedo were playing together in midfield we looked a good side, capable of getting promotion from the Championship. Trouble is, for reasons best known to himself P***dew, decided to break that midfield up and bring Holland back in. From there on it started to go wrong.

ZZ was one of the better performers in Parkinson's period in control in the Championship too. He'd be quality at this level - Racon with goals.

It's all mute though cos there is no way he's coming back to SE7 anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• 12.31: James Pearson: Skysports.com understands that Ipswich striker Kevin Lisbie is set to join newly-promoted Millwall on a season-long loan.
  • Ryan Noble?
  • Rob_Parrish: Coventry manager Aidy Boothroyd has secured the services of striker Clive Platt from former club Colchester. Click here for more. SKYSPORTS

does this mean they will offload Eastwood... though totally different strikers... they will have to balance the books I imagine...

good signing...if we could get him.
  • from you know where...

28 Jul 2010 15:27:06
    Charlton boss Phil Parkinson is planning to spend the £1.5m he has been given by Richard Murray on Brett Pitman and Adam le Fondre. Pitman is likely to cost around £750,000. le Fondre is likely to cost more, however Charlton will offer Miguel Llera in part exchange.

£1.5m is very optimistic... be lucky if Parky's given half that
  • Half!?
    Don't you mean quarter?
  • Some Notts County fans think Jon Fortune may be signing for them and apparently he was at their game last night.
  • I'd be very surprised if we spend anywhere near £1.5m. Can't see us spending big money on League Two strikers, they're talking about proven goalscorers, if they did sign and struggled, we'd be stuck with the new McLeod and Fleetwood.
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Some Notts County fans think Jon Fortune may be signing for them and apparently he was at their game last night.
    They also thought they were close to signing Burton... so expect Fortune to end up in Azerbaijan!
  • LOL Scoham

I'm not expecting Pitman or Le Fondre to sign as at the very least they'd cost circa £500k each and don't think we have that kind of cash. I think it will be one striker with experience and one young un like Paterson and very little will be paid in fees.
  • just seen on skysports that Aidy Boothroyd has said he'll talk to marlon king when he's released, he dismissed talk about him joining coventry, but also didn't rule it out.
  • Right.A little birdy told me earlier that there's some truth in the eastwood thing. And also another striker we are showing an interest in is Hartlepools James Brown.(jeff stellings mate)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!