Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• In the case of Chilvers I'd imagine getting Doherty in and Dailly to re-sign meant he slipped down the priorities list. I think there's always a Plan B, I think Esajas was the cover for Reid and re-signing Basey seems to have been the Jackson back-up...
  • We have just eleven days left to get in half a team. Not much time To get them to gel. Cutting it fine to hit the ground running. Fingers crossed.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]We have just eleven days left to get in half a team. Not much time To get them to gel. Cutting it fine to hit the ground running. Fingers crossed.

Been thinking exactly the same. Starting to get a little twitchy now. Unfortunately you can already visualise the excuses if we start poorly....."team haven't had time to gel" etc etc.
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]We have just eleven days left to get in half a team. Not much time To get them to gel. Cutting it fine to hit the ground running. Fingers crossed.

Been thinking exactly the same. Starting to get a little twitchy now. Unfortunately you can already visualise the excuses if we start poorly....."team haven't had time to gel" etc etc.
    If we manage to get 4/5 players in during the next week or so, that would be true though wouldn't it (if 3/4 of them start of course)? Omozusi was written off as terrible by some after a bad game or two. They will need time to gel.
  • Unfortunately I think that's more made up rubbish. Who could we possibly swap? McLeod was the last player left we didn't need. I don't see who we've got that would drop down to League Two.
  • as much as i wish that was true, there's no way.

he's going to a championship side by the looks of it.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11712_6280230,00.html
  • Unless it's a loan ?
  • Le fondre has 83 goals in around 200 apps. Very good at this level and seems a bit random to be complete crap

Maybe just msybe
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Unless it's a loan ?
    Didn't think of that, still probably rubbish though.
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Le fondre has 83 goals in around 200 apps. Very good at this level and seems a bit random to be complete crap

Maybe just msybe
    I'd like to think so, but it's not really that random. One of the best League Two strikers, and people know we need a few strikers. It's like those James Constable "rumours" isn't it, picking out top goalscorers at random from the divisions below us and putting it on FR.
  • Hahaha. Well done Scoham. That rumour was posted by 'Sun Che', an anagram of ... someone on here?

If ever there was proof that the Football Rumours site is an absolute waste of time.
  • Sponsored links:

• But Scoham, how can you be so cynical, his contact is a director at Rotherham and everything?
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]We have just eleven days left to get in half a team. Not much time To get them to gel. Cutting it fine to hit the ground running. Fingers crossed.

If we manage to get 4/5 players in during the next week or so, that would be true though wouldn't it (if 3/4 of them start of course)? Omozusi was written off as terrible by some after a bad game or two. They will need time to gel.

don't forget too that if they are free agents they have not done a proper pre-season and will be behind the others fitness wise so not only will they be trying to gel but doing so whilst unfit. Pre-season is when you would, for example, try out striker combinations to try and forge a partnership or two. We are going to have to do that whilst playing. I don't know what the hold-up is in signing players and I was ok with it up to now but it's getting too close to kick-off for comfort and we need at least 3/4 by Saturday week with another couple, less urgent, by the end of August.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]don't forget too that if they are free agents they have not done a proper pre-season and will be behind the others fitness wise so not only will they be trying to gel but doing so whilst unfit. Pre-season is when you would, for example, try out striker combinations to try and forge a partnership or two. We are going to have to do that whilst playing. I don't know what the hold-up is in signing players and I was ok with it up to now but it's getting too close to kick-off for comfort and we need at least 3/4 by Saturday week with another couple, less urgent, by the end of August.
    True, and because of that we can't expect a great start like we had last year.

It is getting very close to that point where there really is something to seriously worry about. Can change though if several signings get sorted out within a few days, which is what happened a few weeks ago.
  • FR

26 Jul 2010 22:40:42
    Charlton Athletic have failed in their attempt to sign Chris Killen who has opted instead to sign for Shenzhen Ruby FC in the Chinese Super League. They are looking at signing a proven goalscorer to play off soon to be signed Guillem Bauza and have asked West Ham about the possibility of taking Zavon Hines on loan.
  • http://www.colchester.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=206278

Lisbie to return for a nominal fee? Only Vital Football so not reliable.
  • "Super, Super Kev"

Well, if re-signing Mooney was likely to split the fans what will getting Lisbie back do?

Sign them both to spread the abuse around I say : - )
  • If there's any truth in the Lisbie rumours he could actually prove useful - IF we give him a(nother) chance. We just can't expect him to be our main goal-scorer! Not sure I can bear those missed sitters all over again but as well as hopefully reaching double figures (which he seems to manage comfortably in this division), he could potentially be useful cover while Waggy develops on the right.
  • I have to admit i was big criticiser of Lisbie. He was one of the most infuriating players i have watched. Not because he was bad player, but because he had so much potential with us but didn't deliver (except for liverpool hat trick before anyone says anything). I still feel the best thing that happened to him was leaving us because it meant he had to start his reputation again. He became a regular scorer at lower level, ok he still misses sitters but so does everyone. His problem was he thought he was better than he was.

If he came back i'd be happy. He has grown as a player and as a person. Hope this is true.
  • SLP interviewed Richard Murray in todays paper and he claims that he will make limited transfer funds available to bring in two proven goalscorers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Also claims Semedo is going nowhere.
  • Just read that from SLP, seems positive.
    PHIL Parkinson could be on the verge of splashing out a transfer fee for the first time during his Valley reign.

The Addicks boss has got the backing of chairman Richard Murray as he bids to boost the club’s striking options.

Parkinson has yet to spend a penny on transfers since taking over at The Valley in December 2008, but that could be about to change as he chases two attacking targets. He only has Akpo Sodje and teenager Tamer Tuna to choose from in attack.

“Phil has done very well on transfers but I do agree with him that we are three or four senior players short, particularly in the striking department,” Murray told the South London Press.

“We are looking at two targets up front and we know we need someone who has proven that they can score goals. Phil hasn’t spent any money on signings in his time here but he has done a great job. If we need to pay a small fee to prise one or two people away from their clubs, then we will do that. We’re working as hard as we can within the resources we have.”
    CHARLTON have no intention of selling key midfielder Jose Semedo.

The Portuguese destroyer has been linked with moves away from The Valley, with the likes of Reading among those reported to be interested in buying him.

But although Charlton have had to offload a number of first-team players this summer to help balance the books, chairman Richard Murray says it would take a huge offer to tempt him into selling Semedo.

“Jose is the last person we would want to sell,” said Murray.

“Unless we get a ridiculous offer, he will be staying with us because we don’t want to lose him.”
  • limited transfer funds... what do you suppose that means then; £250k? £500k? £1m?

maybe there is something to the Le Fondre rumour then.
  • how are these rumours ? I have started seperate threads.
  • I class everything read on 3rd party websites and papers as rumours until I see it on the official site.
  • Very encouraging. Well done RM & Parky. We can't expect a world-beater but a sensible Parky strike-force to take us at least above most of the division's rivals would be nice. Who knows - perhaps he might even unearth someone who brings in a decent profit in a couple of years from Pardew (as he tries to get Swindon or someone out of the third!).
  • [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]limited transfer funds... what do you suppose that means then; £250k? £500k? £1m?

I'd hazard a guess at no more than 250k in total. Forget Le Fondre. Think along the lines of Brodie and Constable imo.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]limited transfer funds... what do you suppose that means then; £250k? £500k? £1m?

I'd hazard a guess at no more than 250k in total. Forget Le Fondre. Think along the lines of Brodie and Constable imo.

I know we have tried lower league strikers before but I would be happy with those two as a gamble. I think it will be difficult to prise Constable away from Oxford Utd away after their promotion though, probably looking at at least £250k for Constable and £50k for Brodie?
  • from FR -

27 Jul 2010 09:34:14
    Adam le Fondre is a friend of a friend and I can confirm that he looks likely to join Charlton Athletic.
    Rotherham had accepted a bid, which includes a player moving the other way. Adam isn't keen on moving to a bigger team and having to warm the bench, so Charlton would suit him as it's still a step–up, but he will be guaranteed first team football. He is also keen on moving closer to London

i first thought 'yeah yeah, someone's seen the story about Parky having a bit of money to spend on strikers' ... but then it was posted at 9.30am this morning.
  • didn't someone on here, possibly "chunes", admit to starting the ALF rumour on FR yesterday?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!