Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• wolfsberg is a bit random if it was made up.
  • If Semedo doesnt play tomorrow then I expect the rumour mill to go into overdrive.

Need to remember that this is all on Football Rumours - hardly the oracle!
  • See you later Semedo
  • Made up by a spotty teenager who broke up from school today
  • Liam Resenior on trial at Bristol City.....................supposed to be Prem clubs interested too.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]wolfsberg is a bit random if it was made up.
    That's what the person who made it up wants you to think!
  • Just wodering if Celtic is in the frame could Sheriden be used in part exchange, this could lesson Sportings sell on clause.
  • Soon as I posted that I went on FR and found this

23 Jul 2010 16:00:39
    Jose Semedo will join Celtic next week for £250,000. Celtic's Cillian Sheridan, who rejected a offer from CSKA Sofia this morning, will move to Charlton as part of the deal.
    Southend's Matt Paterson is another player on his way to Charlton.
  • it's got a 58% believable rating... that's quite high compared to some.
  • No no no...lets all just bury our heads in the sand then Semedo will still be here and everything will be fine, gulp.
  • Sponsored links:

• Think we all agree that Semedo is now probably our most saleable asset so is it any real surprise that the odd rumour is popping up. He is still with us at the moment but I for one won't be too shocked if he departs. Hope he stays though.
  • If Semedo goes and it results in us getting someone who scores 20-25 goals I'd take that. Not that we'd ever know until it happened!
  • Lets sell the valley as well and be done with it!
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Lets sell the valley as well and be done with it!

Yep, we can get away with using Charlton Park really, Dont knw what the fuss is about .
  • look before and IF anything happens why dont you all chill the heck out and think that whatever happens next in the ongoing saga that is charlton athletic will be for the best of the club but maybe not for the best of us and the forthcoming season..

If Semedo goes and its an if it is because we need to sell him..

i do not want that to be the case but i fear that 1 of Racon and Semedo will go

i also know that the club really want to keep him but may not be able too

do you love semedo more than charlton cos i dont
  • A proven defensive midfield lynchpin Semedo for Cillian and Mat Paterson is not a good deal. Cillian is not a proven goal scorer or is Mat paterson (with no disrespect to either of them)

I appreciate Semedo has 1 year left on the contract, but why can't we negotiate an extension on the deal ?
  • edited July 2010
    I appreciate Semedo has 1 year left on the contract, but why can't we negotiate an extension on the deal ?

As it is extremely possible that we could still be in a division which is below him next season and he won't want to stay any longer. We would probably need a start as good as last season to convince him to commit longer, even though they aren't as good, its probably the same with Racon/Youga.
  • [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]No no no...lets all just bury our heads in the sand then Semedo will still be here and everything will be fine, gulp.

worryingly,I think that's the boards stance on things.
  • As part of the agreement / there is a an understanding that Semedo can move on, but the club gets some money from a transfer fee (and doesn't hold out for something big that would prevent him leaving). It seems fair to me. Semedo gets to stay one more year to perfect the position and give us a chance to go back up (if we get round to actually getting a consistent goal scoring striker that is). If he wants to go at the end of the season then he gets to go.

I know that all of which I have written above is wishful thinking.
  • edited July 2010
    Henry Irving 3 days ago quote# 1580
    Would Rosenior be one half of the 2nd father and son to play for the Club?

Should have been on trial at Bristol City today, but cut it short
    Could he be heading our way?
  • Sponsored links:

• would be nice but i doubt it. sounds like he got a better offe; very unlikely that it was from us.
  • Apparently Pardew is after Benjani and Nathan Tyson.
  • edited July 2010
    Apparently Newcastle are looking to send Niall Ranger out on season long loan. Didn't set the world alight last year but looked a real handful.

No doubt he'd get a Championship club, but could be one to look at.
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Apparently Newcastle are looking to send Niall Ranger out on season long loan. Didn't set the world alight last year but looked a real handful.

No doubt he'd get a Championship club, but could be one to look at.
    Wouldn't surprise me to see someone like him come on loan, we're surely running out of options for out of contract players.
  • Racon to go???
  • from FR this morning...

25 Jul 2010 08:01:09
    Therry Racon is set to join Crystal Palace next week after their transfer embargo was lifted. The fee is believed to be around £500k.
    Jose Semedo will travel to Scotland to discuss terms with Celtic, after Charlton accepted Celtic's offer of £600k plus Cillian Sheridan.

hope this is isn't true, our already depleted squad doesn't need any more players leaving.
  • everyone who goes has to go out of nescesity i dont care no more who goes as long as in 2011 cafc is still here and not in admin
  • 500k for Racon?...yes please. Then get ourselves a goalscorer.
  • well 1.1 million and a player isnt bad if you ask me....

It wil be all about team spirit this year...

If we can do mid table and a bit of a playoff challenge Id be happy....
  • If we do have to sell Racon to palarse, lets make sure we get all the money upfront...and ensure they don't owe us anything for McCarthy still.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!