Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I don't like this one at all, very worrying :
    [/quote]

It's Football Rumours FFS.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I don't like this one at all, very worrying :

22 Jul 2010 12:57:16
    Liverpool are closing in on the signing of Charlton Athletic starlet Jordan Cousins, the England U16 team captain. A source close to the club explained that following Jonjo Shelvey's signing, and the arrival of Roy Hodgson, and the rulings regarding homegrown players means the club will be looking to sign more English youngsters, means that Cousins is an ideal target for Liverpool. Cousins is also a close friend of Jonjo Shelvey, and Liverpool staff were disappointed that Cousins did not appear in the recent U18 friendly between the two clubs as he is already with the Charlton first team. Cousins recently signed a pro contract agreement with Charlton but this is not seen as an issue. The fee is thought to be in the region of 3 million pounds, including appearance clauses, meaning the whole sum wouldn't be paid up front.

I downloaded that video with a few highlights from that game and I'm pretty sure he is there playing centre back in the first half.
  • Cousins hasnt signed a pro deal he isnt old enough. Just an agreement in principle to sign one. So that part is wrong.

All of this wild speculation is just that. Speculation. Last week Racon was off to Palace. This week Jose and Jordan are going.

Chill people.
  • Well said Henry.

Far be it from me to claim it's CL members posting these 'rumours' to get a response on this thread.

But if it is, please stop.

Some have been humorous - like the fictitious Kris Bierhoff - but the Semedo and Cousins posts are annoying.
  • Getting my haircut tomorrow so will update you on all the latest rumours from the oracle that is paul the barber, he was spot on last time about waggy snr and a few other details so can't wait..
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Cousins hasnt signed a pro deal he isnt old enough. Just an agreement in principle to sign one. So that part is wrong.

All of this wild speculation is just that. Speculation. Last week Racon was off to Palace. This week Jose and Jordan are going.

Chill people.

It SAYS pro contract agreement...
  • 3 Million for a kid who hasnt played a competitive first team game isnt that bad to be honest.

I know we should be keeping our youth. Shelvey. McGinley both gone last season to top 4 teams. But it isnt a bad deal
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]and the rulings regarding homegrown players means the club will be looking to sign more English youngsters

I thought this idea has been ditched
  • cafcbourne - if Semedos job is so easy why is he the best holding midfielder we've had since Parker!!
    Semedo is our most important player IMO. 400k would leave me truly livid
  • [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]and the rulings regarding homegrown players means the club will be looking to sign more English youngsters

I thought this idea has been ditched

it has as its illegal, just another example of FIFA thinking they rule the world
  • Sponsored links:

• http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8733164.stm
    I think that's a different rule, going by that.
    Fifa has said it will scrap plans for a minimum of six "home-grown" players in clubs' starting line-ups.

The so-called "6+5" rule had been expected to be brought in by 2012 but has now been abandoned.

but it also says
    From next season, the Premier League will bring in a system where there must be eight home-grown players in squad of 25.
  • I wasn't too bothered by losing Bailey because what you got for the goals you lost in the poor distribution but losing Semedo will have me distraught. I love the way he battles and rarely wastes a ball. A very dependable player. £250K pah!
  • If we sell Semedo for around 400k Sporting will get 50% of it so it wont be anything around that. 400k is nothing for Semedo anyway. £1.75M for Semedo so we'd get 875k for him at least. We wont sell him, if we do we can forget having such a good season as we have thought we could lately. Semedo is our most important player IMO.
  • Matt lawrence was on talksport tonight, got let go from palace, not sure how old he is maybe 35ish but could be a useful player, seemed like a real charlton player the way he spoke and would fit in perfectly, can play rb and lb and cb so very versatile.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Matt lawrence was on talksport tonight, got let go from palace, not sure how old he is maybe 35ish but could be a useful player, seemed like a real charlton player the way he spoke and would fit in perfectly, can play rb and lb and cb so very versatile.

36. Given Dailly's 37 in October, Llera's 31 soon, Doc is 31 in January and Jon Fortune (if he signs) is 30 in August, I'd rather not have him.
  • Doherty, Dailly and Lawrence would have a combined age of 342 years. What's John Humphrey doing these days ;0)
  • [cite]Posted By: Sage[/cite]If we sell Semedo for around 400k Sporting will get 50% of it so it wont be anything around that. 400k is nothing for Semedo anyway. £1.75M for Semedo so we'd get 875k for him at least. We wont sell him, if we do we can forget having such a good season as we have thought we could lately. Semedo is our most important player IMO.
    Where was that confirmed? (apart from Football Manager, the Sporting researcher would have added it)
  • Jeez, he's in the matt harold/feeney bracket of players I really do not want to sign.
  • Scoham; I remember reading it a while back on a few different websites and it has been confirmed by the offical site too. You can ask the editor of the OS too, he'll confirm it. It was all part of the Semedo deal when we signed him from Sporting as he was young and playing in Portugal Under 21's, they were hoping for something special.
  • Hope its not true about Jose, but I have been thinking we have quite a few players in CM and 3 of them are holding players. Stav Semedo and McCormack (Correct me if I have him wrong). Then there is Racon and Jackson, I was thinking this meant wed go 5 in midfield maybe. Stav is earning good reviews so maybe he will step up if Jose goes.

lets hope Jose stays
  • Sponsored links:

• Chilvers is tipped to join Notts County on Sky . If we sign Fortune then a CB is not needed.
  • Glen Little has signed for Aldershot.

Always liked him. Playef for Sheff Utd last year. Good signing.
  • All gone quiet on the signings front hasn't it? The flurry of players last week raised expectations.
    Reckon players like Francis have been offered a deal but are biding their time to see if a more lucrative contract is out there.
  • 50% would be an enormous sell on fee, and it would normally only be on the profit from a sale not the total.
  • Semedo came on a Bosman didn't he ?
  • i will sacrifice a football to the mighty god of transfer praying that he aid's our club to find the resources to keep semedo
  • Not massively concerned by the lack of ins this week. Will be getting jittery if the squad is no bigger this time next week.

Hopefully 3/4 in before first game and the rest to follow before the window closes.
  • i can only assume that Semedo wasn't out of contract but Sporting but let us have him for free but with a sell-on clause. if he was a bosman then there no reason why there would be a sell-on clause.
  • Considering the scale of the upheavals, I'd be happier if we had a few more in place to face Barnet on Saturday. That would allow for 3 games for them to gel before the start of the season.
  • Richard J; Yeah he signed on a Bosman, as he was just under 23 when he came to us and moved across Europe, Sporting didn't want a compesation fee as none was needed. Instead Sporting and Charlton both agreed to a 50% sell-on clause for however much we sold Semedo for.
    However, if he stays and sees out his contract at Charlton but then deciedes he wants to move on, no such fee of any kind will be given. Therefore, I really can't see us selling Semedo unless a bid for over £1m came in for him, as we would all want at least 500k for Jose.

But its only another rumour, and look how many we have had flying around about whoever leaving the club recently, none of them has happened.

I think come August 7th, Semedo will be wearing the number 6 shirt playing in midfield. Jose Semedo will stay with us this season.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!