Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• custard pie.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]If PP gets 1.7 million for Dickson, Basey and Sodje then he really will earn my respect.

Are you seriously suggesting that Parky gets involved in the negotiations when another club makes a bid to buy one of our players?
  • Might be more to it though SHG - there's never a truer word than one spoken in jest. I saw a 6'2" bloke in leiderhosen talking to Parky in the carpark at the Valley and Walter Smith was peeping the conversation from behind a transit van and looking anxious.
  • Latest from FR:-

Charlton are in talks to sign Liam Rosenior on a free transfer – this comes from a press reporter who is a good friend and has close contacts in the club.

They HOPE that Rosenior will also be joined by Freddie Eastwood on loan for a year – but Charltons board are still negotiating the % of his wages that they will need to pay.

Never post rumours as I have never wanted him to get into trouble but he is emigrating in 2 months so doesn't matter now.

And Jon Fortune, Guillem Bauza and James Mulley should sign this week.
  • McLovin. Ya boosucks to you. Kristian Beirhoff is only 5 foot 3 inches so couldn't be him. ;0)
  • and another ........ (or are C Lifers at it again?)

Charlton are set to sign Goalkeeper Mickaël Ménétrier from French 2nd division club Istres. The experienced stopper has been recommended to the club by fellow French man Kelly Youga who was best man at his wedding. Ménétrier has beed training with the addicks and impressed in a behind closed doors friendly. The experienced stopper is hoped will challenge Rob Elliot for the Number 1 Jersey who is still carrying a back injury from last season.
  • Fortune, Bauza, Rosenior and Eastwood, added to the players we've already brought in, would make this summer's transfer business the best in my time supporting Charlton.

Can't see it happening though.
  • Freddie Eastwood is proven at this level with Southend...would like to see this happen.

Can't really comment on Bauza as I've yet to see him play, but most posters seem to like his style.

Liam Rosenior should be good in League One....but his career does appear to be going backwards! (As in standard of football ie Prem to Lge 1 not going from Fulham to Reading to us!!)
  • Eastwood would be a very decent season long loan at this level
  • Would Rosenior be one half of the 2nd father and son to play for the Club?

good player.

Freddie Eastwood? Is he still at Wolves? Certainly a goalscorer at this level and local.

but from FR so pinch of salt time.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]and another ........ (or are C Lifers at it again?)

Charlton are set to sign Goalkeeper Mickaël Ménétrier from French 2nd division club Istres. The experienced stopper has been recommended to the club by fellow French man Kelly Youga who was best man at his wedding. Ménétrier has beed training with the addicks and impressed in a behind closed doors friendly. The experienced stopper is hoped will challenge Rob Elliot for the Number 1 Jersey who is still carrying a back injury from last season.

Well the fella is a keeper and he does play for Istres in div. 2, so who knows!
  • made 13 appearances for Bournemouth between 2002/2003.
  • I know things can change quickly at football clubs, but a recent (July 10) interview with Eastwood in the Coventry Telegraph suggests he's staying put:

FREDDY Eastwood is hoping to be fitter than ever as he prepares for his third season with Coventry City.

And with that he hopes the goals will go hand in hand as he strives to hit double figures for the first time for City.

“The pre-season is going really well,” said the striker who has looked sharp in the squad’s pre-season training sessions in Austria.

“The first couple of days at Ryton was good and then we came out to Austria and it has been really enjoyable.

“My legs are pretty tired and fatigued at the moment and it is the same for all the lads but to be fair I have looked after myself more in the close season this year than I have ever done.

“I have always chilled out and done whatever I wanted in the summer break but this year I have looked after myself a lot more because I want to come back fitter and sharper for the new manager.”
  • FR

21 Jul 2010 12:11:04
    I believe the Charlton signing of Mickaël Ménétrier to be true. I work for an Estate agency and actually showed him and his very beautiful wife a couple of long term rental properties in the Black Heath area.
  • 21 Jul 2010 12:28:14
    Dave Mooney is expected to defy the Boo boys and re–sign for charlton Athletic. Mooney who had two loan spells with the club last season was not a fan's favourite but is highly regarded by addicks chief Phil Parkinson. Mooney who has other offers on the table has been swayed to join Charlton as he is now settled in the south.
  • A further line on the 'Eastwood to Charlton' rumour.

Coventry have signed Everton forward Lukas Jutkiewicz on loan.

Perhaps Boothroyd has had a look at FE and thought he's not a big enough lump for his style of football.

Jutkiewicz is apparently a 6ft 1 target man.
  • 21 Jul 2010 15:14:42
    I have just heard from the man himself, that izale mcleod is on his way to blackpool on a free, not massive news i know, but for izale, its amazing news

and

21 Jul 2010 15:02:09
    Kristian Bierhoff proposed move to Charlton Athletic is in doubt after a re–accurance of the knee injury that kept the former German u21 interantional out of action for much of the last 2 years.
  • Are Blackpool determined to make history and be relegated as the only club to do so with 0 points?
  • [cite]Posted By: dylanthedog[/cite]Are Blackpool determined to make history and be relegated as the only club to do so with 0 points?
    It's just a rumour, Mr Dog.
  • and there's more :

21 Jul 2010 15:35:02
    The race to sign david barron from st mirren is gathering pace, charlton athletic have agreed a fee of 45k with the buddies. but huddersfield, peterbrough and rochdale are all interested..
  • Sponsored links:

• He might have to sell the nightclub, then.
  • Jeffers and Mcleod up front for blackpool next season... exciting times for blackpool fans!! if only they could persuade Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink out of retirement; then they would have a strikeforce that would give the big 3's defenders a run for their money! Amdy Faye in on a free as well - they could do with him in the middle showing the likes of Frank Lampard who's boss. and you know what else they need - a lightning fast winger with lots of international experience... wonder if Forest Rommedahl is available.
  • With that team, poor old Olly would get the tin tack.
    And replaced with Mr Duh! Dowie - I don't know about 'Advancing the Addicks' but his thesis would be called
    'Trashing the Tangerines'.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]21 Jul 2010 15:14:42
    I have just heard from the man himself, that izale mcleod is on his way to blackpool on a free, not massive news i know, but for izale, its amazing news

and

21 Jul 2010 15:02:09
    Kristian Bierhoff proposed move to Charlton Athletic is in doubt after a re–accurance of the knee injury that kept the former German u21 interantional out of action for much of the last 2 years.

Kristian Bierhoff was a figment of my imagination that I posted as a rumour on Football Rumours website. They had it on their pages within 30 minutes. Don`t believe a thing from that site. I was equally shocked and amused. Sorry if any lifers thought it genuine.
  • Shooters Hill Guru is a figment of my imagination that I posted as a rumour on Charlton Life website. They had it on their pages within 3 minutes. Don`t believe a thing from that site. I was equally shocked and amused. Sorry if any lifers thought it genuine.

*apologies, Shooters - I really ought to do somethig more interesting, like putting the cat out
    ;o)
  • lol. I did look up bierhoff on wikkipedia, and there wasn't an entry, so I didn't think too much of it. Anything is possible with blackpool considering mcleod and jeffers as a premiership strike force. totally bizare.
  • edited July 2010
    Jeffers put plenty of Prem matches (and goals) under his belt for Everton, and a few for Arsenal after his £8million transfer..
    And don't forget his England goal on his debut. So he's done it before.

If Jeffers is really on trial at Blackpool, Olly with his random but clever ways of team spirit building, could yet be the salvation of Jeffers. As long as there are no night clubs in Blackpool.

Edit: I forgot to include his 3 Prem goals for Charlton. Duh!
    So Jeffers has scored 25 Prem goals in all.

I also see he scored 13 goals in 16 England U-21 matches,
    to add to his goal scored in the England senior side.

So no doubting his ability. But he's certainly lost his way, what a fool.
    At 29, this surely is his 'Last Chance Saloon'.
  • there's no way back for Fanny Jeffers ... he was stuck by the One Cap curse, otherwise known as 'Ricketts' syndrome... not to be confused with Ricketts disease, although that woud put a dampener on a footballing career as well.
  • edited July 2010
    21 Jul 2010 21:16:40
    Charlton are still hoping to sign Richard Brodie, although they face competition from Huddlesfield, who also have had a bid accepted.
    Matt Paterson is due to sign for Charlton next week.
    Jon Fortune and Guillem Bauza are close to agreeing terms and should sign for the club very soon.

however

21 Jul 2010 20:31:14
    Guillem Bauza has turned down the opportunity to sign for Charlton Athletic after recieving a two year offer from Championship side, Bristol City.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]So no doubting his ability. But he's certainly lost his way, what a fool.
    At 29, this surely is his 'Last Chance Saloon'.
    Haven't people been saying that for 2/3 years now?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!