Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Paul is a top guy done alot with our business and is loved by the daggers fans, we could do worse but the step from league 2 to league 1 is tough i aint sure he could cut it..

i watched a fair bit of D&R last season and 22 goals was a great return for him jury out big time for me as i would need to let head rule heart on this
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Apparently Southend supporters give Paterson plenty of stick.

That's handy as it means he'll be more than prepared for the abuse our lot dish out week in week out.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Apparently Southend supporters give Paterson plenty of stick.

That's handy as it means he'll be more than prepared for the abuse our lot dish out week in week out.

Bearing in mind he was the makeweight in a deal involving their beloved Barnard that's not entirely unsurprising.

From what Stebo has said he certainly sounds like an interesting character maybe - could be worth a trial game or at least a look
  • Matthew Paterson isn't exactly a League One striker, more of a Conference/Lower League Two player imo.

He would usually get pushed off the ball, but had a decent amount of pace for a tall lad.

He tends to get into good positions but lacks a decent finish to take advantage. If he sorted that out he would be a decent player.
  • edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Paul is a top guy done alot with our business and is loved by the daggers fans, we could do worse but the step from league 2 to league 1 is tough i aint sure he could cut it..

i watched a fair bit of D&R last season and 22 goals was a great return for him jury out big time for me as i would need to let head rule heart on this

Yeah, yeah we get it, you know a footballer! ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Paul is a top guy done alot with our business and is loved by the daggers fans, we could do worse but the step from league 2 to league 1 is tough i aint sure he could cut it..

Yeah, yeah we get it, you know a footballer! ;-)

NLA knows lots of footballers.

He did play 250 odd league games (mostly very odd and for rubbish teams but still 250 more than 99% of us.
  • [cite]Posted By: Vincenzo[/cite]Paul Benson of Dagenham & Redbridge is rumoured to be signing for us on another forum.

Experienced target man. Scored 22 for D&R in L2 last season including the winner at Wembley that got them promoted.

Now that sounds a bit more like it...
  • It's been days since we signed anybody!
    I've got withdrawal symptoms.

Come on, sign another player ..... anybody will do.
    SORT IT OUT, PARKY!!!!

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Vincenzo[/cite]Paul Benson of Dagenham & Redbridge is rumoured to be signing for us on another forum.

Experienced target man. Scored 22 for D&R in L2 last season including the winner at Wembley that got them promoted.

I spoke about this to Paul last season and he was unware of this move, the rumour has been floating around for ages, i havent spoken to him since the wembley game.. so it may be on the agenda now.. i hope not

I stick to this though i like Beno

but he is not what we need, scores goals yes but goes through real big lean spells and when he aint scoring he looks like a really poor player.

and that doesnt sound so good...
    [cite]Posted By: Vincenzo[/cite]Paul Benson of Dagenham & Redbridge is rumoured to be signing for us on another forum.

I spoke about this to Paul last season and he was unware of this move, the rumour has been floating around for ages, i havent spoken to him since the wembley game.. so it may be on the agenda now.. i hope not

but he is not what we need, scores goals yes but goes through real big lean spells and when he aint scoring he looks like a really poor player.

• Sponsored links:

• What was that again, Mascot .....?
  • Anybody will do Oggster? Even Amdy Faye?
  • Given that we've been linked with Brodie, Paterson and Benson, it seems clear we are after a centre-forward of large proportions.

• haha...

looks like the forums gone into meltdown....

aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhh!

Cant wait to see who we sign next......

22 goals sounds alright but if North London doesnt rate him... well we will see.. if we sign bauza we need 2 more...
  • Don't shoot the messenger but would anyone be surprised to see Mooney back?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6271300,00.html
  • I would be, cause I don't think he'll want to come back
  • too lightweight and can't tackle.

scored 2 good goals in his time with us but also missed a fair few............we can do better.
  • Was going to say Benson is a poor man's Mooney.

Surely better to go with the devil you know!
  • Sponsored links:

• ....and if he goes to Huddersfield prepare to see the 'cupped ear' celebration again!
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]....and if he goes to Huddersfield prepare to see the 'cupped ear' celebration again!
    ......when he scores against us. You know the script!
  • Already said it on the Mooney thread but will say it again. Why would he want to come here? His treatment during the 2nd loan spell was nothing less than disgraceful.

IMO he is better than what we already have, that could change if we sign Bauza. Cant see us bringing both to the club as they are similar style of player. In short, we sign Bauza then no thanks, if we dont then he should be considered.

Concerned about his fitness though. He seemed to loose something after the Millwall injury.

Personally think it is all academic as if he has other options he wont come here.
  • If he doesn't come, who will be our scapegoat when we don't win the league/fa cup/league cup and jpt?

Even if we sign Bauza we'll only have 2 senior strikers. Surely we need another 2 unless Tuna is ready to step up. Not saying Mooney necessarily, but we'll need someone.

I'd have to compliment him if he came back after the abuse he got though.
  • [cite]Posted By: Vincenzo[/cite]If he doesn't come, who will be our scapegoat when we don't win the league/fa cup/league cup and jpt?

Even if we sign Bauza we'll only have 2 senior strikers. Surely we need another 2 unless Tuna is ready to step up. Not saying Mooney necessarily, but we'll need someone.

I'd have to compliment him if he came back after the abuse he got though.

we need three more strikers. Any less and we are leaving ourselves short.
  • Im not usually one for digging our own players out but Mooney is arguably the worst forward I have seen in my 25 years (especially considering the division we are in).

I didnt boo him last season, just sighed a lot.

Surely we can do better....
  • John O'Flynn missed out on a deal with Bristol City as strikers Maynard and Haynes dont need operations now. Would like us to nip in there and sign him up if poss.
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]John O'Flynn missed out on a deal with Bristol City as strikers Maynard and Haynes dont need operations now. Would like us to nip in there and sign him up if poss.
    http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~2096829,00.html

Scored 1 goal in 3 games and had a penalty saved. Wasn't sure that trial meant he'd definitely end up there, League Two to the Championship is a big step up. Be interesting to see where he does go, and if it's this league, is he good enough to score regularly at this level.
  • would like to us to go for John O'Flynn. but i think he'll be snapped up by a smaller championship side.
  • [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Im not usually one for digging our own players out but Mooney is arguably the worst forward I have seen in my 25 years (especially considering the division we are in).

Yet apparently he seems to have had offers from several other League One clubs.
    They would have already watched him play, of course ......while he was playing for Charlton Athletic!

So as a Charlton player, he must already have made a good impression on other clubs management and scouts .........despite Mooney being "....arguably the worst forward I have seen in my 25 years".

Sorry, mate. It doesn't make sense to me.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!