Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Steve Howard is being linked with a move to Huddersfield. Can still do a job in the division I would say, but maybe not quite the right fit for the way we play?
  • [cite]Posted By: dylanthedog[/cite]"charlton will sign Simon Francis and Richard Brodie later this week. Jon Fortune, Etienne Esajas and Guillem Bauza are set to sign 2 year deals. Christian Dailly is going to snub a new deal and sign for Swindon. Liam Chilvers is to undergo a medical before his move to the Valley is finalised."

I've actually seen that Richard Brodie bloke play live and in the flesh. I know he has a good record in Blue Square Prem, but I was not convinced he'd do it for a club at our level. He's young but he's not quick, and he does not have a good first touch, nor good close control, technique etc. Bit of a power through and smash it type, gets alot of shots away quickly.

I have no idea, but imo there is a reason why a 20-goal a season striker aged 23 is still in non-league football.
  • edited July 2010
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A71679612
    McLeod to have his contract terminated in the next few days according to someone on 606. Could be complete rubbish but I wouldn't be surprised either. We'd surely only do that if we knew we'd definitely get a couple of decent strikers in.

Someone else in that thread says Mooney is in talks with us.
  • 15 Jul 2010 12:50:44
    St mirren defender david barron set to sign for charlton for small fee as in last year of contract

FR again
    wiki says 5'11' and 22 years old and also this FACT

"Remarkably, David Barron has just 6% body fat"
  • David Barron wiki page says he plays primary as a right-back but also can play as a LB and DM.
    it also says he has spent a lot of time injured.
  • [cite]Posted By: Pavo[/cite] We had to sell a few to get the $s in (had to use $, as no bloody GBP sign on the key board),

Pavo,£ on non UK keyboard hold down ALT and type in 0163
  • Is that the same bloke that used to own Barron's nightclub in Hull?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqQzKRL2Z-g
  • there's a post on FR linking us to Matt Paterson. scored 2 goals in 15 games for southend last season and 2 goals in 18 games for southampton the season before that... a 'charlton' striker if i ever saw one.
  • one of those goals for Southend was against Charlton when Elliot let his very weak shot squirm in.

he also got sent off against Man Utd for Saints for a very nasty challenge.
  • Can't see us signing Fortune and Chilvers, unless Llera is sold.
  • Sponsored links:

• According to Southend fans Parky was at their game with Dartford last night. They think he was looking at Matt Paterson, a 20 year old Scottish striker.
  • Brandy is just what we need! Hewson would be a good signing too.
  • Been reading up about Paterson. did very well in Southampton's reserve team, scoring lots and winning academy player of the year. He then made his first team debut at 18. Then in January Pardew used him in part exchange to get Lee Barnard. reading comments from southampton and southend fans he sounds like an old fashioned centre forward. he has height and physical presence, gets into good positions and is good in the air. he also has a fair bit of pace and a good finish. he's passionate and can be quite aggressive (was sent off for a wild tackle on Man Utd's Vidić).
  • [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]Then in January Pardew used him in part exchange to get Lee Barnard

Perhaps we could take a leaf out of Pardew's book - and use Akpo in part excange to get Lee Barnard....?

(sorry, Akpo ...... nothing personal)
  • Sam Hewson played for Yeovil today, where he's on trial.
  • Latest On Football Rumours:

17 Jul 2010 19:12:45
    Therry Racon to sign for Crystal Palace for £225k

I am assuming we would have to replace him if this is true. I hope it isn't as it seems to be following the one in one out theme.

As an aside heard a rumour today that we were looking at Tony Calpaldi ex Cardiff - although I had heard he was on trial at Plymouth.
  • Racon didnt play at Kettering?

If he only went for £225k I'd be astonished.
  • Liam Chilvers played on trial for Peterborough today.
  • If Chilvers played for them , I suspect he won't come here now.

Fortune hopefully will come here now.
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]
    As an aside heard a rumour today that we were looking at Tony Calpaldi ex Cardiff - although I had heard he was on trial at Plymouth.

I put that on Football Rumours about a month ago based purely on the fact that he was the first player I saw on the PFA list.....
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Liam Chilvers played on trial for Peterborough today.

As well as Chilvers, Peterborough have got Franck Queudrue on trial. They would both be decent signings at this level. Hopefully, we can get Fortune to sign for us. Add Simon Francis and the defence would be sorted.
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]As an aside heard a rumour today that we were looking at Tony Calpaldi ex Cardiff - although I had heard he was on trial at Plymouth.

Spot on. He's on trial at Argyle right now.
    Article yesterday splashed across the back page of the Plymouth "Evening Herald".

Already made about 150 appearances for Argyle in a previous spell there, and holds their club record as the player capped the most while at Argyle. He's a Norn Iron international born in Norway, naturally.

He can play left wing, left midfield and left back ..... so we don't need him at all, although his long throw would be useful.

Down here in Oggyland, Plymouth Argyle are the local big team.
    Anything you want to know about the Greenies, I'm your man!
    ;o)
  • Racon for 225k plus the saving in wages wouldn't be a bad deal imo. Didn't pull up any trees last season and in the last year of his contract.
  • edited July 2010
    Not going to pretend I heard this from a mate's dad who knows a bloke who works with a girl called Charlton, but...

Rowan Vine would be a great signing imo. Does the same job as Burton but arguably more of a goal threat. Not featured much for QPR and I think PP tried to get him on loan for us if memory serves me correctly.

Just throwing it out there, Ackworth-style
  • I think you could have something here Valley11 because Vine played for Parky at Colchester.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Not going to pretend I heard this from a mate's dad who knows a bloke who works with a girl called Charlton, but...

Rowan Vine would be a great signing imo. Does the same job as Burton but arguably more of a goal threat. Not featured much for QPR and I think PP tried to get him on loan for us if memory serves me correctly.

Just throwing it out there, Ackworth-style

Did Vine ever really recover from breaking his leg a few years back? Before that, I remember him as quite an exciting player
  • I think its impotant to keep hold of Racon if at all possible, a strong midfield should give the likes of reid a lot more freedom, and whose to know what might happen to semedo injury wise, I also feel if we did mange to get back to the championship Racon is one of very few players who could make the shift.
    Its easy to say we could cope fine without him , but i really feel he could make the differance between an ok season and a really good one.
  • hahaha 16 grand! we couldn't afford his jockstrap!!

ROWAN Vine's days at QPR look numbered.

The striker is way down the pecking order at Loftus Road folllowing the signings of Jamie Mackie and Leon Clarke, while boss Neil Warnock is also in the market for two more frontmen.

Vine is understood to be on something approaching £16k-a-week – well out of the remit of most Championship clubs.

And Warnock was facing the hard fact the door was swinging on the last-chance saloon for a £1m player signed permanently from Birmingham in January 2008, but one who suffered an horrendous double leg break in April of the same year.

He said; “It’s been difficult for Viney – and that’s coming from someone who admired him a lot in the past.

“But we may have to make some tough decisions in getting it right for QPR so we can have a go at promotion.”
  • Kandol linked with us again today in the People.

They did get it right about Doherty three weeks ago
  • I'd have no problem with us signing Kandol but would still want Bauza and another striker. Wages may be an issue though.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!