Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]There has been a FR posting saying that Chilvers and Dailly were going to Swindon.

I wouldn't mind as long as we saw a match fit Fortune back at The Valley instead.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=24762&headline=Millwall
    MILLWALL could sign two players in a matter of days - but might face a fight with local rivals Charlton to sign a third.
    Simon Francis I'd guess.

Millwall have just signed Steve Mildenhall after he was released from Southend. So that should leave one more for them to possibly sign.
  • Got a real dodgy rumor Ive just heard at work. One of the guys who works in sales reckons he's Just been speaking to a bloke called Mr Whaley and aparentley is the father a proffesional footballer called Simon Whaley who played for Norwich last season. Anyway he reckons he got talking about sport and asked who he supported and mentioned he follows whoever his son plays for and that he is currentley out of contract and has a had few trials in the north of England where he is based, but apparntley is holding for an offer from Phil Parkinson at Charlton who been impressed with him for years.

Looks a bit crap to be honest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Whaley
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]There is no way we would just offer Gow a contract, surely we would offer him a trial and a chance to prove his fitness first.[/quote]

Totally agree.
  • edited July 2010
    Never believe anyone who works in sales
  • Someone called Oakley linked on Football rumours - Matt Oakley at a guess. This is an annual link isn't it
  • http://www.cafc.co.uk/yourviewsview.ink?messageid=78840&display=1&st=0

Someone the OS Your Views says they asked Parky about Burton, apparently very unlikely he'll return. That was expected though.

Kyel Reid also meant to be a big possibility.

Another post someone said Fortune would like to come back.

Most ridiculous post was from someone say Burton was useless and couldn't trap a bag of cement!
  • According to the Beeb site, Gillingham's Simeon Jackson set to sign for Norwich
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    Most ridiculous post was from someone say Burton was useless and couldn't trap a bag of cement!

Either that poster had:

1) Never seen Burton actually play, relied on somebody else for his information - and prefers to watch Chel$ki on the box.

2) Aged 14. Doesn't understand the game, never played it - but has to take his 7 year old little sister to the match.
  • Either that poster had:

1) Never seen Burton actually play, relied on somebody else for his information - and prefers to watch Chel$ki on the box.

2) Aged 14. Doesn't understand the game, never played it - but has to take his 7 year old little sister to the match.[/quote]

Or was Mr Ackworth!
  • Sponsored links:

• Interesting about Simon Whaley, looked the part at Preston for a while, played very well in the same side as David Nugent. Not sure why his career has taken such a downward spiral.

Would be a good signing if we could get him back to the form of 2-3 seasons ago.
  • latest :

14 Jul 2010 19:34:27
    Charlton news

charlton will sign Simon Francis and Richard Brodie later this week. Jon Fortune, Etienne Esajas and Guillem Bauza are set to sign 2 year deals. Christian Dailly is going to snub a new deal and sign for Swindon. Liam Chilvers is to undergo a medical before his move to the Valley is finalised.

Thought I read somewhere that Chilvers was at Pompey ?
  • Chilvers is still unattached as far as I know.
  • and portsmouth still can't sign people can they? they're still under a transfer embargo
  • [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]and portsmouth still can't sign people can they? they're still under a transfer embargo

does that include freebies though ?
  • Why would Dailley choose Swidon over us ? Longer deal more money ? Would still fancy we are a bigger pull than them on practically all levels. Would sour his POTY speech if true. Funny ole game innit.
  • edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]and portsmouth still can't sign people can they? they're still under a transfer embargo

think so... think it means they can't register any new players; could be wrong though
  • Its all about the money
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Why would Dailley choose Swidon over us ? Longer deal more money ? Would still fancy we are a bigger pull than them on practically all levels. Would sour his POTY speech if true. Funny ole game innit.

Maybe they can offer more money or a longer deal, more likely they could offer guaranteed football.

If we do sign Chilvers then we'd have him, Llera, Doherty as CBs, plus Fortune if he signs and Mambo is getting nearer the first team. It could be that Dailley would find himself down the queue as a starter and he might just prefer to play out his career at Swindon rather than warming the bench.
  • edited July 2010
    Dailly lives in Chelmsford . If it was Colchester then I would be more worried. Surely he would not want to uproot his family for a two year contract. I thought that was part of our attraction to him was that he didn't need to uproot his family.

Dailly has now trained with us also,not the actions of someone wanting out , last year he did pre season at West Ham.

I still have a hunch we will get Chilvers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Could be that he wants the same deal as last year and we are offering less to reflect the lesser position we have following failure to achieve promotion.
  • Surely we don't offer Fortune, Dailly and Chilvers all a contract at the same time? If they all accepted the club couldn't then say actually we don't need you any more?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Surely we don't offer Fortune, Dailly and Chilvers all a contract at the same time? If they all accepted the club couldn't then say actually we don't need you any more?[/quote]

oh yes they could.
  • I wouldn't rule out us trying to sign all three if we can sell Llera. I don't have anything against Llera, but he had his good spells and less good spells last year and if Parky is seeking consistent performers maybe he'll decide to cash in and use the fee for wages towards the others? We had to sell a few to get the $s in (had to use $, as no bloody GBP sign on the key board), that isn't to say Parky won't try to wheel and deal a bit now with what is left to assemble the side he wants.

If McLeod goes, that would free up a fair few quid per week and the sale of Llera or Racon is possible if good alternatives in the management team's eyes are out there.

I voted for Dailly last season for POTY, but if we could get Fortune and Chilvers in, I would, as I just can't see a 37 year old having such a quality, injury free season as last year - it catches up with every player, no matter how fit at some point.

All I do know is that a fair bit of quality for this level is being mooted for us and that can only bode well if a few more (Doherty and Jackson already in) can be signed.
  • Llera might be part of the appeal to Bauza. A fello spaniard makes settling that bit easier and they were chatting in the Welling warm up
  • [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Dailly lives in Chelmsford . If it was Colchester then I would be more worried. Surely he would not want to uproot his family for a two year contract. I thought that was part of our attraction to him was that he didn't need to uproot his family.

Dailly has now trained with us also,not the actions of someone wanting out , last year he did pre season at West Ham.

I still have a hunch we will get Chilvers.

I think Dailly will stay but he if he were to leave, I doubt he would uproot his family as I'm pretty sure they lived in London even when he played for Rangers. If he does go it will probably be beacause they can guarantee him first team football.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]and portsmouth still can't sign people can they? they're still under a transfer embargo

Yes it does. Southend also have a transfer embargo and they can't sign anyone. They have freebie players lined up and the best they can do is sign them on a pre-contract basis. Three weeks to the start of the season and they only have 8 players!
  • A few Millwall fans seem to think they've signed Simon Francis but only a rumour.
  • latest from footie rumours :

15 Jul 2010 11:45:48
    Any Charlton rumours?
    Supposed to be signing 8 players but not a sniff yet!
  • "charlton will sign Simon Francis and Richard Brodie later this week. Jon Fortune, Etienne Esajas and Guillem Bauza are set to sign 2 year deals. Christian Dailly is going to snub a new deal and sign for Swindon. Liam Chilvers is to undergo a medical before his move to the Valley is finalised."

I've actually seen that Richard Brodie bloke play live and in the flesh. I know he has a good record in Blue Square Prem, but I was not convinced he'd do it for a club at our level. He's young but he's not quick, and he does not have a good first touch, nor good close control, technique etc. Bit of a power through and smash it type, gets alot of shots away quickly.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!