Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Have not seen if this is covered elsewhere, but I was reading yesterdays South london press who reported that Deons proposed move to Notts County has fallen through, obviously a long way to go and it cab still be resurrected.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Pim Balkenstein update

If Balkenstein was any good, Large ....... he'd be playing for Holland in the World Cup.
    We don't want just any old cast-offs. FACT!

:o)
  • latest from Footie Rumours :

07 Jul 2010 12:39:08
    Ed any news on Charlton, seem to be in a spot of bother with cashflow (Richardson & impending Bailey move) and wondered if you new of any news faces being brought in as we have got rid of quite a few players and have a somewhat depleted squad.. {editor's note - it is going to be a case of freebies and youth teamers next season. Cash is tight and it is just about keeping the club's head above water right now.}

very enlightening !!
  • Nothing wrong with the footie rumours site as long as you realise 99.9% of it is rubbish and indeed it now has a section that charges £2.99 a month for the same crap!
  • Kevin Lisbie wants to join Millwall. Extract from the Southwark News

EXCLUSIVE
    IPSWICH TOWN forward Kevin Lisbie has issued a 'come and get me' plea to Lions boss Kenny Jackett.

Jackett last week reiterated his interest in the 32-year-old, who is training with the Tractor Boys' youth team, having been told he is free to leave the club following his return from a season-long loan at Colchester United.

"I'd definitely be interested in coming to Millwall," Chigwell-based Lisbie told the 'News'. "It's a great club. Obviously they are in London and that's an attraction so, all in all, I'd have no problems in moving there.

"A club that has just got promoted will obviously be hungry to stay in the division and that would be right up my street. Having played against them twice last season I've learned about the way Millwall play and I think they'd suit me."

Lisbie was involved in a brief spat with the away fans when the Lions won 2-1 at Colchester in April - a game in which Lisbie scored.

"It was nothing personal, Millwall's fans are fantastic. When we played against them at the Den last season the crowd were really loud, and when they came to our place I think they had more fans than we had.

"Obviously they know me from Charlton and I'm sure they wouldn't boo me if they didn't think I was a good player! I just took it at face value and I've got no problem with that - it's all part of the game."
  • Haha what a plum
  • MILLWALL boss Kenny Jackett says Kevin Lisbie is not part of his plans, despite the 32-year-old issuing a "come and get me" plea.

SLP.
  • My goodness, is he really 32? I thought he was a promising youngster.
  • edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Kevin Lisbie[/cite]I'm sure they wouldn't boo me if they didn't think I was a good player!

Yeah, you keep telling yourself that Kev.
  • But he is a good player: just not a composed finisher. If he'd spent his career with us on the right wing, we'd be calling him a Charlton Legend.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: gilbertfilbert[/cite]But he is a good player: just not a composed finisher. If he'd spent his career with us on the right wing, we'd be calling him a Charlton Legend.

Can I have some of what you are taking please

Lisbie and legend should never be in the same sentrnce
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: gilbertfilbert[/cite]But he is a good player: just not a composed finisher. If he'd spent his career with us on the right wing, we'd be calling him a Charlton Legend.[/quote]

Drinking this early?
  • I'd rather Kevin & Perry!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: gilbertfilbert[/cite]But he is a good player: just not a composed finisher. If he'd spent his career with us on the right wing, we'd be calling him a Charlton Legend.[/quote]

Can I have some of what you are taking please

Lisbie and legend should never be in the same sentrnce[/quote]

Not even Lisbie is not and never will be a legend.
  • I said if he'd been played out wide, rather than as a main striker. He wasn't, so we'll never know. I do know that Premiership defenders didn't relish Lisbie running at them.
  • [cite]Posted By: gilbertfilbert[/cite]I saidifhe'd been played out wide, rather than as a main striker. He wasn't, so we'll never know. I do know that Premiership defenders didn't relish Lisbie running at them.

And I think you have a good point!

Lisbie did everything right, except panic in front of goal.
  • I remember he had a great game playing right wing against Arsenal few seasons back.
  • edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]I remember he had a great game playing right wing against Arsenal few seasons back.

Yes, he did. I was thinking, "At last they've seen the light!" And then he got injured again. :-(
  • Yeah Lisbie destroyed Arsenal when he was playing right wing back in 2006 when Dowie was In chagre
  • [cite]Posted By: Dax[/cite]Yeah Lisbie destroyed Arsenal when he was playing right wing back in 2006 when Dowie was In chagre

Very true actually. Should have won that game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Mate text me saying Rooney's brother has been released and is training with a league 1 club. Anyone know anything about this? I know nothing about him
  • edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]Mate text me saying Rooney's brother has been released and is training with a league 1 club. Anyone know anything about this? I know nothing about him
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Rooney_(footballer)

http://www.mtfc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10393~43449,00.html

John Rooney probably.
  • John Rooney was on trial at Derby, quite highly rated but would he cost a fee as under 24?
  • [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]Mate text me saying Rooney's brother has been released and is training with a league 1 club. Anyone know anything about this? I know nothing about him

training with Watford who look set to offer him a 2 yr deal.
  • [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]Mate text me saying Dave Mooney's brother has been released and is training with a league 1 club. Anyone know anything about this? I know nothing about him

If Wayne Rooney is good, then his brother must also be good.

Same reasoning must also apply to Dave Mooney's brother!

;o)
  • John Rooney, 19. he's a midfielder/striker.

according to macclesfield fans he's got good vision and moment and also an inflated ego.

if a club were to sign him macclesfield would be due compensation... think that rules us out.
  • Fair enough, thanks for the info. Never heard of him before. Are we sure it wasn't him playing for England this summer?
  • [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]according to macclesfield fans he's got good vision and moment and also an inflated ego.

Doesn't need glasses, and deffo runs in the family then.
  • [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]Are we sure it wasn't him playing for England this summer?

Definitely not. He could never play as badly as his big brother did.
  • Oh no ! I read in the Mail today that Amdy Faye is up for grabs again.....!

We wouldn't, would we ?????
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!