Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• My only problem with Borrowdale was allowing him to take free kicks outside the area, the guy has NEVER scored, surely we had someone who had scored who could take free kicks
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]My only problem with Borrowdale was allowing him to take free kicks outside the area, the guy has NEVER scored, surely we had someone who had scored who could take free kicks

If we can get Reid then i think we have that problem solved.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]My only problem with Borrowdale was allowing him to take free kicks outside the area, the guy has NEVER scored, surely we had someone who had scored who could take free kicks

If we can get Reid then i think we have that problem solved.

Plus there's a good chance Llera will play a lot next season.
  • edited July 2010
    Am i the only one who has become bored of reading pointless rumour after pointless rumour? I'm now at the point where i don't actually care and will turn up for the first game and whoever we have lining up for us that day then so be it. Some people on here seem to really be winding themselves up with a lack of signings, 10 senior players in training etc etc. We'll sign players don't worry about it, there's still over a month to go.
  • Ah, but it's fun to speculate Chris - it's an outlet for all us frustrated football managers. Besides, if you don't like rumours, might I suggest you avoid a thread headlined 'Rumours Rumours' in the 'Rumours' category?!? ;-)
  • Krystian Pearce on trial at Notts County.
  • Pearce played for Notts two years ago , lets hope Chilvers, Doherty or Fortune is signing. Wiki still shows Chilvers and Fortune in the Charlton squad.
  • http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11096_6245571,00.html

Sky Sports interview with Febian Brandy, much like the Lloyd Sam one. He wants to stay in the Prem and has had interest from the Championship.
  • We are sniffing around Lee Trundle http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6243455,00.html
  • [cite]Posted By: CH4RLTON[/cite]We are sniffing around Lee Trundlehttp://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6243455,00.html

Bit of a rumour down this way that we are too.

Hopefully he rejects us though.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2010
    Not sure about Lee Trundle. Never been totally convinced how well he looks after himself, and if he hasn't been he getting to an age where that will start to catch up with him; we can't really afford to carry another striker who spends the whole season no more than 80% fit.

That said, he'd definitely offer something different and might be a very useful weapon from the bench in tight matches. Got to come in with the right attitude and got to stay fit though (or at least try hard to), but we could probably do worse and he could form a useful squad member if we sign the right players around him.
  • Josh Magennis who we've been linked with has signed for Aberdeen.
  • Adam Barrett close to signing for Palace according to Skysports website, guess if we are to get Doherty it is no loss but he was mentioned here after being released by Southend.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Krystian Pearce on trial at Notts County.

What crime has he committed?
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Krystian Pearce on trial at Notts County.

What crime has he committed?

Apparently he is a bit of a magpie.
  • Wyn Grant reports that Jon Fortune has been training at Sparrows Lane.
  • [cite]Posted By: gilbertfilbert[/cite]Wyn Grant reports that Jon Fortune has been training at Sparrows Lane.

probably whilst he looks for a new club
  • [cite]Posted By: gilbertfilbert[/cite]Wyn Grant reports that Jon Fortune has been training at Sparrows Lane.

Would be very pleased with the Doc & Fortune, especially if we can keep Dailly & Llera too.
  • I said in another thread you can see Fortune in one of the pics on the os!
  • Football Rumours again,

06 Jul 2010 12:12:11
    Forest will capture jj shelvy on loan from liverpool, also a shok move for leicester rudeboy dj campbell is on the cards
  • Sponsored links:

• I like Fortune and I wouldn't question his ability to play at League 1. My problem is that he has a history of injuries. With a small squad I think his signing would be a gamble. Felt the same way about Burton.
  • [cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]I like Fortune and I wouldn't question his ability to play at League 1. My problem is that he has a history of injuries. With a small squad I think his signing would be a gamble. Felt the same way about Burton.

I can only remember one serious injury that Forch suffered, when he ruptured his achillies against Palace 18months ago.
    Other injuries were just routine knocks and niggles that every player gets.

Unless there's something serious that I've forgotten?
  • _________________________________
    06 Jul 2010 10:26:55
    *** charlton athletic ***

deals that should be completed this week.

outs:

Nicky Bailey – Middlesboro (£1.4m)
    Lloyd Sam – Leeds (free)
    Deon Burton – Notts Co (free)
    Kelly Youga – QPR (£200k plus Gary Borrowdale)
    Therry Racon – Crystal Palace (loan with option to buy)

ins:

Pim Balkestein – free
    Liam Chilvers – free
    Matthew Harrold – free
    Johnnie Jackson – Notts Co. (£50k)
    Kyel Reid – Sheff Utd (£75k)
    Ritchie Jones – free

• yeah so according to that we losing one LB (youga) and gaining 2 (Pim and Borrowdale) - 3 including Jackson ,who can also play there.
    that means we would have 5 players capable of playing left back in the first team.

Chilvers is a CD, so we could possibly have 4 CDs in Chilvers, Doc and Sodje and Dailly (if they sign new deals) and then maybe Fortune, plus Balkestein, making 6.. no wait, forgot Llera - 7!

with Richardson, Solly and Dailly covering the RB position, think that would pretty much do for defenders.
  • can't see Borrowdale and Balkenstein then esp with Jackson and Basey who can cover there. Never seen him play as far as I remember but I'd prefer Balkenstein. Can only see us carrying four out and out CH's so Llera, Docherty, Chilvers & hopefully Dailly, plus Balkenstein who can cover there. Sodje seems not to be wanted and Forch has had his day. Typical Charlton to sort the defence first !!
  • [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]with Richardson, Solly and Dailly covering the RB position, think that would pretty much do for defenders.

If Dailly re-signs, it'd be very unlikely he'd be risked at fullback with his lack of pace.
    It's a good few years since he's covered in that position. He is 37 in October, remember.

He's most effective exactly where he is, as the 2nd ball CB mopping up and organising the defence.
    If he was to play anywhere else, it would most likely be in Semedo's position as holding midfielder.

But in truth, leave him where he is ........at his most effective.
  • If Jackson signs, then he'll play LM or CM.

He'll only start LB in an absolute emergency or be switched there to cover during a match if that's the best option.
    Parky's already hinted that he doesn't really see him as a defender.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!