Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Reid was a class act and a likeable guy. Would be very happy to have him back in any way shape or form.
  • Reid rumour is 100% true - I have spoken to him personally

Will it happen? don't know and knowing our record on signings - no!
  • Jackson to have medical this week.
  • His goal at Southend made me like him a fair bit. :-)
  • Brandy the ex man u players is in the states discussing a deal with a mls team according to ssn in the week.
  • would we sign both Jackson and Reid ? Unless Jackson is going to play LB and if so where does that leave Youga (is he off?) and Basey.
  • 1 .The latest Football Rumours

03 Jul 2010 21:12:29
    Krystian Pearce to sign for Charlton after being released by Huddersfield.

2.My view is that Jackson would be a cm to replace Bailey so could play with Youga/Basey .
  • Jackson will be a straightforward replacement for Bailey in left mid.
    Maybe even a better player in that position.
  • Jackson in the middle pulling the strings while Semedo does the donkey work

Reid ripping up the left with youga on the overlap

Basey partnering Dailly

I can see potential there.....
  • Have a feeling the week will start with the sad loss of Bailey but then we'll move towards putting together a decent team and by Saturday be league favorites! ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• if these latest rumours have any truth to them, we could have team that looks a bit like this...

Elliot

Richardson---- Chilvers---Dailly
    Balkestein

Waggy
    Semendo
    Jackson
    Reid

o'flynn
    Brandy

leaving the likes of basey, solly, Akpo, racon and perhaps Ritchie Jones and Matt Harrold as back-up.

of course thats assuming youga, s.sodje, sam and burton leave.
  • edited July 2010
    If we got in a couple of CMs like Jackson and Jones I wouldn't be surprised to see Racon leave. Could cost the same, maybe even less with no real loss in quality. Can't imagine Racon happy sitting on the bench for most of the season.
  • [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Krystian Pearce
    Ludicrous spelling. Do we want someone with parents that daft, at the club?
  • [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]Would love Reid to come back.

Would love to sign Chilvers; he would be quality for us. A lot of PNE fans don't want him to leave...but he has had injury problems.

In fact I think that I'd just like us to sign someone, anyone! (I don't really mean that!) if only because it means that the CL posse won't have to be putting dubbin on their boots in preparation for a possible appearance at the Valley.....

Dubbin on your boots Big? You must have been a good player, dried mud always did it for me.
  • edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Krystian Pearce

When forenames were known as Christian names, it would have been a bit weird having a Christian name that is Krystian.
  • [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]Would love Reid to come back.

Would love to sign Chilvers; he would be quality for us. A lot of PNE fans don't want him to leave...but he has had injury problems.

In fact I think that I'd just like us to sign someone, anyone! (I don't really mean that!) if only because it means that the CL posse won't have to be putting dubbin on their boots in preparation for a possible appearance at the Valley.....

Dubbin on your boots Big? You must have been a good player, dried mud always did it for me.

I bet there's a few younger members on this forum that haven't got a clue what Dubbin is!
  • What did we do before Football Manager and Wikipedia to research players ?

I know it is only a game but FM has a database which is emmense and when researching for example a players speed , I have found it to be accurate.However, I know its not full proof because Llera only became left footed when he joined Charlton in previous versions of the game he was right footed.

Pearce is only 20 but already has an old pros CV having already played for Notts County,Port Vale,Scunthorpe ,Peterborough and Huddersfield as well as his former parent club Birmingham.

Plusses are that he played regularly for Promotion winning Scunthorpe at this level two years ago . Minuses are he seems to get sent off a lot and I wonder why he only made three appearances last season for Peterborough and Huddersfield.Former Addick Academy Coach Terry Westly rates him highly according to Wiki

My personal viewbased on what I've read is he may be worth a trial and would be useful as cover / one for the furture.
  • [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]

I bet there's a few younger members on this forum that haven't got a clue what Dubbin is!

Or what Wintergreen is!
  • [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Krystian Pearce

And what exactly is wrong with Pearce spelled that way ?
  • Krystian Pearce? Sounds like the holy lance that penetrated Jesus's flesh.
  • Sponsored links:

[cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]

Or what Wintergreen is!

Or White Horse Oils!
  • http://www.examiner.co.uk/huddersfield-town-fc/huddersfield-town-news/2010/06/29/huddersfield-town-offer-ex-birmingham-city-man-a-deal-but-say-it-s-now-or-never-86081-26744800/
    TOWN have made Krystian Pearce a contract offer – but won’t wait forever for a response.

The arrival on loan from Preston North End of Neal Trotman limited England junior international Pearce to only 45 minutes of first-team football, as a substitute in the 5-0 defeat at Southampton in March.

But Clark remains a fan, explaining: “He’s a terrific athlete with an excellent physique, he has genuine pace and he is good on the ball.”

“It’s up to the player now, but there is a time limit on his decision, because this can’t be left up in the air for too long.”

Have to wonder why he only made 1 appearance, despite being a young centre back that has strength, pace and is also comfortable on the ball.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/huddersfield_town/8782913.stm

Few days after that (well, 2 days ago) they decided to release him.
  • I think Kanu is available. I know he'll never sign for us, but tradition demands that this rumour gets an annual airing.
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]

Or what Wintergreen is!
    lol still use dubbin today myself!
  • I saw this on Sky and thought that if he was to stay at Liverpool then maybe an English loan move might settle him in England.

'Liverpool defender Dani Ayala is set for a season-long loan move to Spanish second division club Real Valladolid, with a view to a permanent move.

The youngster joined the Anfield club from Sevilla back in September 2007 and Reds reserve team coach John McMahon claimed that the 19-year-old had all the attributes to succeed.

However, the hot Spanish prospect only has one year left on his contract and, following Rafa Benitez's move to Spain, he is now excited to be possibly returning to his homeland with Valladolid, who were relegated from La Liga last season.

"Right now I am waiting to see what my future is because I don't know what will happen now Benitez has left. I am happy at Liverpool but I would be very excited to play in Spain," he said in The People.

Ayala made five appearances for Liverpool last season, starting two games, against Stoke and Burnley.'
  • Essex_AlCommentTime10 hours ago quote# 1192
    Posted By: Cordoban Addick
    Posted By: bigstemarra
    Would love Reid to come back.

Dion Dubbin played for Coventry??
  • I presume you mean Barnard and Lambert. Doe's this mean Connelly is now available ?

Connolly is out of contract at the moment, I think he has been offered a new deal but no news about that since about last month.
    [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Would Notts County still want Burton if they have signed Burgess ?

you can never have enough strikers (copyright, Mr A Pardew esq)
    He better start going by that saying again. We only have two!

Izale McLeod would be good for you

I remember us having to play MK Dons in the FA Cup and he was awesome. I thought he was going to be a good signing for you lot based on what I saw that game, not sure what happened.
  • Alan Pardew happened.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Alan Pardew happened.

I knew someone would come up with that comment.
  • [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Alan Pardew happened.

I knew someone would come up with that comment.

Everyone agrees though. He's shit. You're lucky you're backed by a billionaire cause that's the only reason Pardew might do a job.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!