Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Did someone state on here that Febian Brandy had been released?
  • well we should be able to attract players as whoever does come know they are gonna get a game.

we should hold open trials down hall place and unearth the new mooney.
  • krisztian nemeth off of liverpool? would be good to see a few of their young players come down here :)
  • Matt Harrold is probably about the level we can attract at the moment.
  • ValleyGary!

What a great idea. I would have a go at that! Not that i would get in, but i would love to make up the numbers. Just pay me £300 a week and i will be happy. Alot cheaper than some of the other free agents will be requesting! haha
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    We might have to find someone we can turn into a goalscorer. Iwelumo never scored much until he was at Colchester. Might be a young striker out there released from a Prem club.

Rule 1: A goal scorer is generally only as good as the service he gets.

Rule 2: Goalscoring is a percentage game.

Then there's different styles of player. For example:
    * Some players love to score on the run, like Darren Bent (and dare I say it, Luke Varney!).

* Others are primarily box players, but with a good touch, turn and composure - like Clive Mendonca

* Then there's the Derek Hales type - more limited as a footballer, but plays to his strengths and bustles his way into the box.

* Not forgetting the poacher - Clive Allen, perhaps ...... who never seems to be in the game, but will pounce on a loose ball and nick a winner

Some players are very effective in the air, but limited on the ground - they need a plentiful supply of good crosses.
    And others only play on the floor - how many goals did Mendonca score with his head, for example?

Then of course, strikers are best played in tandem - so do they compliment each other?
    Either 2 quick channel runners playing off each other, or more traditionally a 'little & large' combination of a good aerial presence and a nippy, poaching team mate.

I grew up on a diet of Matt Tees and Ray Treacy, lol .... but think Swindon's pairing of Paynter & Austin, for example.

And finally - don't expect the target man lone forward in a 4-5-1 to be prolific. That's not his main job - that's to create opportunity for his midfielders to get into goalscoring positions.
  • http://www.ciderspace.co.uk/ASP/news/news.asp?NewsItemId=12737

Lee Trundle, willing to drop down to League One, wants to stay in England but has had offers from abroad.

Wants to go into coaching/management in the future as well.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]http://www.ciderspace.co.uk/ASP/news/news.asp?NewsItemId=12737

Lee Trundle, willing to drop down to League One, wants to stay in England but has had offers from abroad.

Wants to go into coaching/management in the future as well.

too slow mate !!
  • Bit like the club when it comes to sorting out contracts :-(

Used to be a lot of Trundle clips on Soccer AM showing the tricks he did. So he's probably got a good touch, could he be our Burton replacement? ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• i'd be pretty happy if we managed to get trundle! but i think swindon suits him more for some reason..
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Trundle linked

I like.
  • [cite]Posted By: JakeCAFC_94[/cite]i'd be pretty happy if we managed to get trundle! but i think swindon suits him more for some reason..

certainly nearer to home
  • There are not a lot of footballers that I hate more than Matt Lawrence. Absolute tramp.
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]There are not a lot of footballers that I hate more than Matt Lawrence. Absolute tramp.

He's 36.

We don't need 36 year old fullbacks - a position where they're likely to get skinned by a pacy winger.
  • Pretty sure Lawrence has been playing Centre Half for Palace.

Butterfield? Why? Unless Richardson is on his way.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Pretty sure Lawrence has been playing Centre Half for Palace.

Butterfield? Why? Unless Richardson is on his way.[/quote]

As a striker, he was prolific when used as a striker late last season! :)
  • trundle like to score,not really a charlton player,perhaps there is a lanky target man with a goal every 9 games for us to look instead
  • If you thought Jeffers in The Venue was bad you should have seen some of the states I saw Trundle in, in nightclubs around Swansea when I was there for 3 years...
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]If you thought Jeffers in The Venue was bad you should have seen some of the states I saw Trundle in, in nightclubs around Swansea when I was there for 3 years...
    Get him down here then i'm lacking people going on it these days they are like rocking horse shyte
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]

Used to be a lot of Trundle clips on Soccer AM showing the tricks he did.

did you know he sent all those clips in himself?

like why i can't stand the guy. thinks way too much of himself.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]

Used to be a lot of Trundle clips on Soccer AM showing the tricks he did.

did you know he sent all those clips in himself?

like why i can't stand the guy. thinks way too much of himself.
    Really? Didn't know that. He did seem to become a bit overrated mainly based on clips of him on Soccer AM. I don't think he's ever done much at Championship level has he?
  • no - since bristol was promoted to the championship he hasn't played for them much; sent out on loan to leeds and back at swansea.

granted, he was great for swansea before joining bristol - his goal ratio was slightly better than 1 every 2 games; but it went to his head, insisting on image rights and sending clips of himself to soccer am (according to tim lovejoy)

i'm sure he probably could still do a job at league one level - but he's not the type of player i would want at charlton.
  • A friend who is a Bristol City season ticket holder and goes to every away game has just text me about the Trundle rumour. I asked what they thought of him and he replied: "I absolutely love Trunds!"

Only one fan I grant you but perhaps the 'he hasn't done it at Bristol City' line isn't totally true.
  • Sorry to be so negative but really do not want Harrold, 17 in 74 is poor anyway but only a few of them were from open play- scored quite a few pens. With Akpo here and seemingly the big target man, surely we need a different type of player.

Also goalscoring is supposidly a prioroty- especially now Bailey has gone so we have lost 10-15 goals already from the midfield, so why are we looking at players who make Burton/Akpo etc prolific.

Only the other hand, we could do a lot worse than Trundle. Granted he is not a Parky type player but is certainly a big personality and character- the type who some would say is always good for a dressing room and also a decent player. By all accounts he struggled with the big fee when he went to Brizzie City but still has got a few goals in the last couple of years, including one or two screamers. Scored a fine goal against Palace in the 2008 play off semi. League 1 is more his level nowadays and think he could be a success here.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]he's not the type of player i would want at charlton.

If he can find the back of the onion then he is exactly the type of player i want at charlton!
  • http://www.surreyherald.co.uk/surrey-sport/afcwimbledon/2010/07/01/dons-boss-has-options-if-move-for-charlton-duo-fails-86289-26767086/?

AFC Wimbledon still want Mambo and Stavrinou on loan, but have other options if they're needed here. Says Parky wants to see if they can challenge for a first team place here. Kind of what has already been said.
  • Can see Mambo being involved next season, at the moment Llera is our only senior CB and he is suspended for the first game.

Dailly could be our most important signing this summer the ways things are going.
  • [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]Did someone state on here that Febian Brandy had been released?

That was me, yeah. I randomly threw his name into the equation. Why?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!