Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Not really a rumour but noticed that David Prutton has been told he can leave Colchester. Could be worth looking at, if finances allow.
  • http://www.mercato365.com/etranger/angleterre/article_430046_Angers-Deble-retourne-a-Charlton.shtml

This link i found suggests that one of our African players out on loan for the last two years is finally coming back. Wonder if he is any good?

Rough translation of the link is below

The attacker of the Ivory Coast Serge Deblé (20 years), lent since two seasons in Angers by Charlton (D3), goes back to England.
  • edited June 2010
    http://www.angers-sco.fr/actualite-serges-deble-traverse-la-manche-36907.html

Interesting. It's on Angers official site as well. Will see if I can find anything else about his situation.

Probably just means his loan has ended and he won't play for them again, so for now he's technically our player.
  • [cite]Posted By: Madz[/cite]The attacker of the Ivory Coast Serge Deblé (20 years), lent since two seasons in Angers by Charlton (D3), goes back to England.

Parky should tell him to report to Sparrows Lane for pre-season training on Thursday.

Racon can pick him up from the airport and bring him to the ground.
    They can chat about France's World Cup on the way.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite][url]http://www.angers-sco.fr/actualite-serges-deble-traverse-la-manche-36907.html[/url]

Interesting. It's on Angers official site as well. Will see if I can find anything else about his situation.

Probably just means his loan has ended and he won't play for them again, so for now he's technically our player.[/quote]

Well a return from loan is one more player on our books.... for now. Maybe if we can't afford to play him he is worth something and we can sell him. If he is any good lets hope we can keep. The reports of him on the Toulon Tournament 2010 say he was the player to watch, so can't be bad.
  • Looks pint-sized to me but Anger's fans seem annoyed to see him leave.
  • He would have been on loan because he couldn't get a work permit, doubt he can get one even now unless he's seen as a big talent. If he's that good though, he won't be playing in League One for us next season.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]If he's that good though, he won't be playing in League One for us next season.

But he could turn up for pre-season training and show Akpo how to control the ball.
  • According to a couple of members of our board Deble is the bees knees BUT we can't get him a work permit
  • Ok, I know Ivory Coast is an old French colony, and they no doubt have some sort of 'commonwealth' arrangement.

But he's worked for 2 years in France, an EU member.
    Can his EU work record not be taken into account....?
  • Sponsored links:

• i thought the plan was to keep him at angers until he gains french citizenship - if he's coming back early, does that mean we think we can get a permit for him now? or are we hoping to sell him? likely the latter
  • [cite]Posted By: adrian[/cite]Looks pint-sized to me but Anger's fans seem annoyed to see him leave.

oh very good lol
  • I know that on football manager deble is rated very highley and is a mid championship striker ability wise. However i have never successfuly applied for a work permit on the game.
  • Got a message back from the FM head researcher for France.
    He played for Ivory Coast in a friendly international tournament (Festival Espoirs de Toulon)where he was elected best player so may he can get a work permit now ?

Also there are some rumours for a new loan to Dijon.

So doesn't really clear anything up, but winning the best player award backs up what Swisdom says about him being a good player.

After what's happened with the other Ivorians we previously had, I'd say it's more likely he'll go on loan again or leave permanently.

If he does play for us and turns out to be good, it would make the link up with ASEC well worth the time and effort.
  • If he is good then maybe he would be the impact player we need. Let's hope he'd get a work permit if he is returning.

Sky posted that Bakary Soro is now wanted by West Brom so these players would have been good enough for us.
  • I saw Serge Deblé play in the Toulon Tournament for Ivory Coast and he was their best player by far. Hopefully he starts pre-season with us and wecan get a work permit because that's why he went to Angers anyway. I think his the player we've been missing in attack for sure. Reading the from the Angers website, its obvious they rated him too. Knowing our luck, no work permit, no talented attacking player playing for us next season and we'll have to sell him on. :-(
  • I think it is impossible to import African Ivory into the UK at the moment.
  • No doubt he'll play in the prem though. One rule for them....
  • Lee Croft has signed for Huddersfield on a 6 month loan.

Huddersfield are also set to sign Jamie McCombe from Bristol City.

Huddersfield making some decent signings over the past few weeks.
  • I really rated McCombe and thought he'd be useful for us.

Ho hum
  • Sponsored links:

• I know it is the enemy, and of no interest to anyone here, but i have just dealt with the paperwork for where i work for a player who has just signed for Palace from Ipswich.

David Wright. Its a shame that this kind of player is now above the category we can go for :(
  • A County fan thinks Jackson is coming back.
  • Where'd you hear that hudson-son-son? Great news if true.
  • edited June 2010
    http://www.yeoldetreeandcrown.co.uk/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1490

Wigan and Blackburn linked with Serge Deble. Came up on NewsNow, no idea how reliable that site actually is.
    Wigan Athletic manager Roberto Martinez is reportedly interested in signing Charlton Athletic's Ivory Coast Under 20's star Serge Deble.

Serge who has played for the Addicks on eight occasions, netting twice, is currently on loan at French outfit Angers. He is seen as a rising star and is already valued in the million pound bracket despite his tender years.

Should he arrive in Wigan, which incidentally is twinned with Angers, he would be welcomed by Latics' own Ivory Coast star Steve Gohouri who would doubtless take the youngster under his wing.

Blackburn Rovers are also monitoring the situation.

Some reason they think he's actually played for us?
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]http://www.yeoldetreeandcrown.co.uk/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1490

Wigan and Blackburn linked with Serge Deble. Came up on NewsNow, no idea how reliable that site actually is.
    Wigan Athletic manager Roberto Martinez is reportedly interested in signing Charlton Athletic's Ivory Coast Under 20's star Serge Deble.

Serge who has played for the Addicks on eight occasions, netting twice, is currently on loan at French outfit Angers. He is seen as a rising star and is already valued in the million pound bracket despite his tender years.

Should he arrive in Wigan, which incidentally is twinned with Angers, he would be welcomed by Latics' own Ivory Coast star Steve Gohouri who would doubtless take the youngster under his wing.

Blackburn Rovers are also monitoring the situation.

Some reason they think he's actually played for us?

I read that as well, I do wonder where some of these things come from.
  • Obviously not us but David Silva is to sign for Manchester City.
  • damn, thought we were in with a chance of getting him
  • One of our old boys James Walker on trial with Colchester.
  • Shaun Bartlett has been released.

Im sure at 37 he could still do a good job, better than some of the strikers we currently have
  • don't think so - he looked ready to be put out to pasture back in 2006 and according to wiki he hasn't played for a while.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!