Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• But he apparently wanted to stay in Turkey I believe.

If we signed Vassell i'd be astonished
  • he did said that (to turkish press mind) but he also said in his blogs that he was very homesick and really missed his girlfriend (who lives in london)

but yeah i would be astonished too. like scoham said, if he really wants to move to london then QPR, or even watford, would be more likely.
  • Reporter: So Darius, why did you take such a pay drop to play for Charlton?

Darius: I just really wanted to get Charlton back to where they belong. They've had a bad few years, money is tight so I knew they wouldn't be able to match the money that I was on, plus there were other offers for more money from other teams but it's a team I've always liked and wanted to play for.

Reporter: So are you looking forward to playing alongside Akpo Sodje?

Darius: Sorry?

Reporter: Are you looking forward to a fruitful parternship with Sodje?

Darius: Your joking right?

Reporter: No, Charlton signed Sodje at the back end of last season after being on loan. He'll be your strike partner next season.

Darius: WHAT!?! TAXI, get me to the airport.........and step on it.
  • lol plaaayer nice one
  • Sky speaks of a 'host' of League One clubs monitoring Ghana International Chris Dickson. The only club specifically mentioned is Dagenham & Redbridge.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Sky speaks of a 'host' of League One clubs monitoring Ghana International Chris Dickson. The only club specifically mentioned is Dagenham & Redbridge.[/quote]

What do they mean by monitoring him, he's out of contract go up and speak to him. Sounds creepy like they are stalking him.
  • Darius Vassell to Barnet on a 2 yr deal according to Football Rumours after Charlton refused him a trial !!
  • Rumour has it the 1000th rumour posted on here will come true

FACTOID
  • I doubt we'll offer anyone a 2 year deal!
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]I doubt we'll offer anyone a 2 year deal!

and Brighton have just given Matt Sparrow a 3 year deal on a free from Scunthorpe.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]I doubt we'll offer anyone a 2 year deal!

and Brighton have just given Matt Sparrow a 3 year deal on a free from Scunthorpe.
    They've got a bit of money to spend so they'll be one of the exceptions in League One. Will be interesting to see if they spend anything on fees or just decent contracts.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Darius Vassell to Barnet on a 2 yr deal according to Football Rumours after Charlton refused him a trial !!

If this turns out to be true i will be fuming
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Darius Vassell to Barnet on a 2 yr deal according to Football Rumours after Charlton refused him a trial !![/quote]

If this turns out to be true i will be fuming[/quote]

Why there could be a good reason, thats if its true
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Darius Vassell to Barnet on a 2 yr deal according to Football Rumours after Charlton refused him a trial !!

Ha ha ha the rumours get worse every day!
  • 'However, the former Villa Park favourite still intends to stay in Turkish football.
    He said: “My love for Turkey has not been affected and I am eager to be a part of an improving Turkcel Super Lig producing performances that will aid, highlight and showcase the potential we have here.
    “Representing the Super Lig as an honest and senior professional has been an honour during last season and it can continue to be for future seasons."

Sounds like he wants to stay out there.
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Darius Vassell to Barnet on a 2 yr deal according to Football Rumours after Charlton refused him a trial !!

If this turns out to be true i will be fuming

He doesn't strike me as a "Parky type" of player so it would be understandable. It's all rubbish however.
  • just like Mark Hudson said he was staying when we already knew he was off to Cardiff. Players say what they want to suit who is asking them.
  • Refusing him a trial not failing to sign him, if parky dont fancy him or thinks we better then fine, but to refuse a player of Vassell's quality a trial is madness.

How can you decide that if you fail to even look at him, we are talking div 3 here he would have a bit to offer i would have thought
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Refusing him a trial not failing to sign him, if parky dont fancy him or thinks we better then fine, but to refuse a player of Vassell's quality a trial is madness.

How can you decide that if you fail to even look at him, we are talking div 3 here he would have a bit to offer i would have thought

hang on a moment, this was from Football Rumours so most likely a load of old tosh.
  • Vassell is not going to leave the Turkish top division (and European football?) to play for Barnet in League Two. More chance of someone like West Ham taking a gamble on him than him/his agent asking if we'd give him a trial. He's only about 30, wasn't long ago he was playing for England.
  • Sponsored links:

• i agree large thats why i said i would be fuming if it turned out to be true,

rumours is full of cack but can you imagine if it is true
  • The Vassell rumour is definitely bullocks.

I wouldn't bother getting bent out of shape over it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Vassell is not going to leave the Turkish top division (and European football?) to play for Barnet in League Two. More chance of someone like West Ham taking a gamble on him than him/his agent asking if we'd give him a trial. He's only about 30, wasn't long ago he was playing for England.

Exactly, season before last he was at Man City.
  • edited June 2010
    ...phooey
  • Can't beleive people pay any attention to Football Rumours - it has ALL proven to be rubbish so far and will continue to be. Plenty of people on here have admitted to posting made up stories. Calm down people. Vassell will not be dropping to League1 and def not League2!

I expect a couple of signngs over the next 2 weeks and then a drip feed of players coming in to replace those who will be heading off because they are out of contract.
  • Our standard both in cash and level we are at is Sodje / Mooney. If we get anyone above that i would be surprised.
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Our standard both in cash and level we are at is Sodje / Mooney. If we get anyone above that i would be surprised.

Basically agree, GH ....... although we did get Dailly, and his quality showed despite 36 years of age.

Parky also pulled in experienced but younger solid pros like Richardson, Llera, Sodje - you can bet they're on a slightly better contract than will generally be offered this season!

But I don't believe Parky will gamble on a higher quality crock (like MacKenzie).
    The exception, perhaps ....... maybe a loan of a player from the CCC who's not quite established himself but eager to improve or win himself a deal.

And as 'part of the Shelvey deal', then there's always the fabled starlet from Liverpool reserves........!
  • So it looks like Randolph will be signing for Motherwell

So we are going to need a new stopper or reserve keeper
  • Rumour down this way is that some Russian multi-millionaires want to takeover AFC Bournemouth.

Might make your game on the first day a bit interesting if they splash the cash. Also could see them mount a promotion push?
  • [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]Also could see them mount a promotion push?

Is their ground big enough for the CCC?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!