Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Right. I'm literally just gonna put a lot of sh*t out there and maybe some of this will stick:

GK - Elliot or Randolph, that's fairly assured.

RB - Richardson. Thankfully. Solly as cover.

LB - Youga and Basey... exist but I'm unsure as to their return dates. At any rate we don't need a LB for certain.

CB - Dailly, Llera, S. Sodje, (Mambo, Solly as cover...). We need one. Actually, just done a bit of revision - what's this about Dailly being on a free? Or is it just that he's out of contract?

RM - Waggy. Assuming Sam is going, which he probably will do in all honesty. We'd need some sort of versatile midfielder to act as cover here.

LM - We didn't play with one last year, basically. We need one, or two, or some sort of utility man...

CM - Semedo (I THINK he'll be "The One" to stay as it were), Racon, Stavrinou, Davisson (recovered-ish from his massive ankle problem, he's apparently a pretty good prospect), and that's four. Two of which probably aren't ready for our first team. And Racon is of questionable ability/work ethic. We'd need to bring one, two in. One of whom could play across the midfield, or similar.

FC - Fleetwood, Tuna, Sodje and Perkins. I'd say that Burton and McLeod will go and be generally rubbish respectively. Out of those left, I'd say Perkins wouldn't be ready, Tuna couldn't last a season intensely, and Fleetwood is just a complete question mark for me. I haven't really seen him. So that leaves us needing one or two strikers.

Given all of that - I think that's pretty realistic - we'd need six or seven players in: one in defence, three or four in midfield and probably two up front.

As a result, given the rumour mill's workings, and what there's been some stuff over, I'd say that players LIKE these guys would come in:

Liam Chilvers - free
    Adam Barrett - free
    Ritchie Jones - free
    Alan McCormack - free - can either of these last two move out to the wings, do any of you guys know?
    Adebayo Akinfenwa - free
    John O'Flynn - free
    Johnnie Jackson - not sure, but at least he's a left back cover, left mid and centre mid.
    Febian Brandy - Recently released by Man Utd I believe. Not at all a rumour. But it'd be nice.

And on another note, we let go a scholar who was SIX FOOT EIGHT!
  • Hoskins (if were ever genuinely in for him) will be the first of many stories of this type in the next few weeks.

Our budget (if it ever gets set) will be non existant and we are going to be out bid by most other clubs at this level. We won't spend a fee on anyone and I'll be surprised if we re-sign more than 2 of Dailly, Sam, Burton or Sodje. Infact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Dailly is the only one of that lot who ends up playing for us next year.

Ever since I handed over the money for my season ticket I have had a rising sense of dread relating to this season. I have been a bit blinkered to it for the last month as I didn't want to admit to myself what a bad situation we are in.

At best, I think we will have 16 senior pro's next year and the rest will be made up of youth teamers. If we don't start well and Parky is unable to do something loans wise I genuinelly believe we are royally fecked.

The depression really started when I read posts on hear getting excited about Akinfenwa.
  • edited June 2010
    Paddy Dailly and S.Sodje are out of contract, so we may need a lot more than 7 new players!
  • Randolph, Solly, Dailly, Sodje, Basey, Wagstaff, Sam and Burton are the players out of contract. Stavrinou the only one signed a new deal so far. So that's a lot of players that we need to sort out very soon.
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Paddy Dailly and S.Sodje are out of contract, so we may need a lot more than 7 new players!

Aah. In all honesty, though, I don't really see where they'd go and we have a decent chance of keeping them. At any rate I think I've balanced everything; too much upheaval would screw the squad and we cannot afford, player-wise, to let both of them go.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Randolph, Solly, Dailly, Sodje, Basey, Wagstaff, Sam and Burton are the players out of contract. Stavrinou the only one signed a new deal so far. So that's a lot of players that we need to sort out very soon.[/quote]

I suspect that we will only know the situation after they get back from holiday, contracts are probably on the table waiting for the ink
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]The depression really started when I read posts on hear getting excited about Akinfenwa.

Ain't that the truth Clem. It's like we've turned the clock back 30 years :-(
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: PaddyP17[/cite]

And on another note, we let go a scholar who was SIX FOOT EIGHT![/quote]

that was Jordan Anderson, young defender - although he would probably make a better goalie.
  • Jordan Anderson was not all that. The mistake was letting Harry Pell go. Didn't he sign for the club that Hoskins has just signed for. Ah yes, Bristol Rovers.
  • Pell will be a decent enough player, but he's still got a lot to do to get into the Bristol Rovers team next season.

Unfortunately we probably couldn't afford to keep Pell and Stavrinou.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Pell will be a decent enough player, but he's still got a lot to do to get into the Bristol Rovers team next season.

Unfortunately we probably couldn't afford to keep Pell and Stavrinou.

well, given a choice of the two, I would have kept Pell. Stav is a decent holding midfield player but we have already got Semedo and of the two I reckon Pell has more attributes to his game. Yes, he has still got work to do to get into the Rovers side but they have seen enough to offer him a deal plus the option of another year.
  • edited June 2010
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

25 Jun 2010 15:08:47
    Parkinson will be handed half of the money received from Middlesboro for Nicky Bailey and he is hoping it will be enough to persuade Bournemouth to part with Brett Pitman. Pitman is top of Parky's list in his search for a 20 goal a season striker. Charlton will also offer Izale Mcleod or Stuart Fleetwood in part exchange to try and sweeten the deal.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

sweeten the deal? reckon they would want more money if we tried to palm one of them off on them.

wishful thinking indeed.

then again, after missing out on another striker, i'm starting to think that the only way we are going to get a 20 goal striker is by buying one. probably not someone like Pitman who would probably cost about £500k. but maybe someone like James Constable or Richard Brodie who would cost a lot less.
  • Roy O'Donovan has signed for Coventry.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]i'm starting to think that the only way we are going to get a 20 goal striker is by buying one.

You might well be right there, Large.
    Maybe the one player this year that we are prepared to pay a transfer fee for.

But don't forget, it usually means by not having to pay a transfer fee, then we can offer a decent signing on fee to tempt prospective players on frees/Bosman. In effect paying the player rather than his old club the money.

Still a "transfer fee" of sorts.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Ive only watched Akinfenwa on Sky Sports when they show the weeks goals. He's huge. Always reminds me of that Bermuda cricket player.

P Diddy as our owner and Notorious B.I.G upfront.
    bit difficult!
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]could well be Burton

I personally find it ridiculous that we can't offer Burton terms to compete with Notts County, who were rumoured to be close to admin after their Sven/backers pull out
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]could well be Burton

I personally find it ridiculous that we can't offer Burton terms to compete with Notts County, who were rumoured to be close to admin after their Sven/backers pull out

IF it's Burton then you might find they have offered him a 2 yr deal which, at his age, I wouldn't want us to do. Also, his family still live in the Midlands and I understand he was looking for a Club closer to home. Walsall were rumoured to be interested too.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]could well be Burton

IF it's Burton then you might find they have offered him a 2 yr deal which, at his age, I wouldn't want us to do. Also, his family still live in the Midlands and I understand he was looking for a Club closer to home. Walsall were rumoured to be interested too.

Even so he was our top scorer last year despite a few injury problems, I find it sad how far we've fallen that Walsall and Notts County can offer more than we can.

I'm more and more concerned that come Thursday Sam, Randolph, Basey, Burton, Dailly, Sodje are all out of contract and we might just let them all go....especially after Parky said even he still doesn't know what the budget is for this coming season maybe it's just me but I find that unacceptable.

Surely they had budgets and planned for either going up or staying in League One? Or am I being to hopeful?
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]could well be Burton

I doubt it's Burton. If it was, I think they would mention that he's played in the Premier League, not just the Championship.

I think it's Luke Varney, based on what I've been told. He fits the bill perfectly, is out of contract, and has been connected to Notts County recently.

That said, Burton is almost definitely on Notts County's list of wanted players, as far as I know
  • Sponsored links:

• Looking at the Sky sports transfer column I was astonished to find we had made 42 transfer deals over the past year. Mostly loans with players coming and going but even so......
    Plus a gracious thankyou to us from the departing Nicky Bailey. I'll miss singing his song. Good job my missus never knew about it!
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Even so he was our top scorer last year despite a few injury problems, I find it sad how far we've fallen that Walsall and Notts County can offer more than we can.

I'm more and more concerned that come Thursday Sam, Randolph, Basey, Burton, Dailly, Sodje are all out of contract and we might just let them all go....especially after Parky said even he still doesn't know what the budget is for this coming season maybe it's just me but I find that unacceptable.

Surely they had budgets and planned for either going up or staying in League One? Or am I being to hopeful?
    It's down to the Bailey deal isn't it? If we get £1m or £1.4m, it makes a huge difference to the budget.

It might not even be about money with Burton, a 2 year deal over 1 year at his age is muhc better for him. Ideal if it's with a club based nearer where his family lives.

I doubt they'll all stay, but i'll be surprised if Dailly, Basey, the other young players don't, and I think/hope we'll be lucky enough for one or two of the others to stay out of Sam, Randolph and Sodje.
  • Maybe I'm being random but the left sided Defender / Mid fielder from Leyton Orient Charlie Daniels has turned down a two year deal there saying he prefer a year's contract.

Could he be Valley bound ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Leyton Orient Charlie Daniels has turned down a two year deal

Who he ....... some sort of telly magician?
  • edited June 2010
    And his assistant the lovely Mark Mcghee?
  • According to today's People, Charlton have opened talks with central defender Gary Doherty (30) following his release by Norwich. We are also weighing up a move for Kevin Kisbie to replace Notts County bound Deon Burton.

Do you think the journalist has been reading CL by any chance?
  • Possibly or maybe Transfer Rumours the worlds most 'realistic' site. I always thought Doherty was at least 36.
  • Kevin Kisbie!
  • [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Possibly or maybe Transfer Rumours the worlds most 'realistic' site. I always thought Doherty was at least 36.

Born in 1980.
  • Doherty would do a decent job I rekon although I would have thought that at age 30 he could find a club that would be prepared to offer him a longer deal than we would. If and I hope Dailley stays we would have a central defence aged 66 between them. Plenty of experience there.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!