Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• don't know which page you're looking at but this one says he is unassigned - http://www.skysports.com/football/player/0,19754,11684_39463,00.html
  • edited June 2010
    latest from the gospel of football-rumours.co.uk

24 Jun 2010 22:10:07
    Charlton are about to sign 7 new players –

Will Hoskins
    Liam Chilvers
    Adebayo Akinfenwa
    John O'Flynn
    Richard Keogh
    Ritchie Jones
    James McEveley

Parkinson is also hoping to bring in Johnnie Jackson for a nominal fee.

couple of names there that haven't been mentioned before; Richard Keogh and Ritchie Jones

heard of Keogh before; had to wiki Ritchie Jones http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ritchie_Jones

looks like Parky had him on loan while he was at colchester
  • Would be exceptionally happy with O'Flynn.

Can't see us signing all three strikers mentioned.
  • well if burton is going to notts co. that only leaves us Akpo, fleetwood, tuna and Mcleod. reckon fleetwood will be on his way to Exeter and Mcleod's agent is actively trying to find him a new club. we'll need to bring in 2 if not 3 new strikers
  • Jones could be useful - but seems a bit out of leftfield
  • i like akinfenwa, he is a brick s%%t house of a player, somthing we havnt had for years would allow others to play the dainty stuff. would be a top signing have seen him for northampton and when he was on loan at swansea. hes a londoner as well so would fit in perfect. would not be on massive money and i think he would see it as a massive move to a massive club.

AdebayoAkinfenwa2Northam_1204947.jpg
  • We could do a lot worse than Akinfenwa, has had some great goal celebrations aswell last season when playing for Northampton.
  • I spoke to my mate about Akinfenwa last season, he thought he was the worst player to have played at Sixfields. That must be bad if he thinks he's worse than Mulligan, Jason White, and Ali Gibb.

Our Goalkeeping coach was their mainstay for years

I've only ever heard of the bloke as he has an unusual name, can't say I've seen him play.
  • akinfenwa wants to move to a london club; reckon there's a really good chance we will sign him. same with hoskins, he wants to stay in london.
    think those two would make a good strike partnership; akinfenwa the big target man and hoskins the poacher.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I spoke to my mate about Akinfenwa last season, he thought he was the worst player to have played at Sixfields. That must be bad if he thinks he's worse than Mulligan, Jason White, and Ali Gibb.
    [/quote]

he scored 37 goals in 88 games for them; thats not far off being 1 every 2 games - your mate must have very high standards
  • Sponsored links:

• This latest list is all possible.

Will Hoskins will not do any better than us
    Liam Chilvers Parky connections ,originally an Essex boy
    Adebayo Akinfenwa wants to come back to London
    John O'Flynn We would be a massive step up
    Richard Keogh wants to move south Harlow born and out of contract with Carlisle but is mainly a Right Back so maybe not what we need
    Ritchie Jones let go by Hartlepool we would be a step up
    James McEveley with us previously still suspect he will go somewhere in the CCC
  • Not a fan of Akinfenwa i'm afraid. Watched him play last season and the bloke is a couple of stone overweight. Tried to bulldoze his way through the defence, and kept giving far too many free kicks away. No offence to the bloke, but he makes Peter Garland look anorexic.
  • [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Not a fan of Akinfenwa i'm afraid. Watched him play last season and the bloke is a couple of stone overweight. Tried to bulldoze his way through the defence, and kept giving far too many free kicks away. No offence to the bloke, but he makes Peter Garland look anorexic.

Spot on Shirty, with quite a number on here saying he would be a good signing, I was beginning to wonder if I was thinking of the same bloke. Massively overweight!

Ritichie Jones was signed on loan at Colchester by Geraint Williams not Parky!
  • Ive only watched Akinfenwa on Sky Sports when they show the weeks goals. He's huge. Always reminds me of that Bermuda cricket player.

P Diddy as our owner and Notorious B.I.G upfront.
  • edited June 2010
    Akinfenwa's career stats:

Played: 171 (64)
    Scored: 81

That's pretty respectable and he scored 15 in League 1 05/06 and 08/09, 16 in 04/05. Got 17 last season in League 2 so he's a fairly consistent goalscorer - not like he's had one stand out season, although he's had a couple of quite ones too.

Not seen a great deal of him, and fitness may be one area he can improve on but his record suggests that, if given decent service, he'll do a job at this level. Doubt we'd see lots of neat flicks and touches like we do with Burton, but on the flip side I suspect we'll be built around a fairly direct style with the wings expected to provide our main creative outlet, this season, and I doubt we'd see Akinfenwa being pushed around too much by big centre backs.

I'd like us to be able to get better, but if Parky sets us up right we could probably do worse on a free especiallly if he's paired with a nippier goalscorer (Hoskins?). My question would be is he any better than Akpo?
  • Sounds a bit like The Beast, to me. What was his name, Jon Parkin?
  • Akpo and Akinfenwa together?

Hoooooof...crash bang wallop....promotion!
  • [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]My question would be is he any better than Akpo?

From what ive seen of Akinfenwa, it looks like he was a footballer first, and has naturally grown to be big bloke.

Akpo looks like he was big and then his brothers told him he should give football a go.
  • Some footage of Hoskins here from the days when he made his name at Rotherham in League 1. Some good goals in there and nice variety - right foot/left foot/poachers/long range/back to goal/in behind/headers/penalties. Looks like he'd be a good component in a big man-little man combo and a good player if he could rediscover some confidence. Again, we'd be unlikely to do better on our budget I'd imagine.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Akpo looks like he was big and then his brothers told him he should give football a go.

He's the youngest of 10.

I bet he was told to go in goal or he got a slap.

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Some footage of Hoskinsherefrom the days when he made his name at Rotherham in League 1. Some good goals in there and nice variety - right foot/left foot/poachers/long range/back to goal/in behind/headers/penalties. Looks like he'd be a good component in a big man-little man combo and a good player if he could rediscover some confidence. Again, we'd be unlikely to do better on our budget I'd imagine.

I didn't know Hoskins had played for Arsenal!!

Very Dave Mooney style, good movement and vision, and decent touch - bit pacier, maybe.
  • [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Some footage of Hoskinsherefrom the days when he made his name at Rotherham in League 1. Some good goals in there and nice variety - right foot/left foot/poachers/long range/back to goal/in behind/headers/penalties. Looks like he'd be a good component in a big man-little man combo and a good player if he could rediscover some confidence. Again, we'd be unlikely to do better on our budget I'd imagine.

I fell for the Mooney goalscoring footage, im not making the same mistake again!
  • [cite]Posted By: YTS[/cite]Akpo and Akinfenwa together?

Hoooooof...crash bang wallop....promotion!
    Probably not together, but I think having two big strikers would be a good thing. As long as we use them alongside someone a bit different, maybe Hoskins.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I fell for the Mooney goalscoring footage, im not making the same mistake again!

Ha ha ...... remember watching the YouTube footage of Dizzy McLeod?
    We thought he was the 'new' Darren Bent.

And Pardew did too .......!
  • Yeah that's the trouble with YouTube footage - Hoskins looks lethal based on that video, but for all we know he might have missed another 15 chances in each of those games!
  • edited June 2010
    The paper copy of the SLP today is saying that a deal for Hoskins is now unlikely and points to Millwall wanting Mccormack in the January window.

Update from Footie rumours

25 Jun 2010 11:00:14
    Bristol Rovers have signed Will Hoskins on a 2–year deal.

Further update I've checked the Bristol website and confirm that Hoskins has signed

On official Rovers website!

Great signing!
  • http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10328~2077938,00.html

Link for Hoskins signing for Bristol Rovers.

Shame, had a good feeling about him, wouldn't be surprised at all to see him get 15-20 goals for them.

We've got to find a couple of goalscorers from somewhere, with Bailey going and Burton possibly going. If we don't, we'll be in trouble.
  • If we were actually in for Hoskins then I wonder if the board not telling Parky what budget he has again has had any impact on it...
  • bit gutted to be honest; thought he could do a real job for us. i really hope we didn't miss out him because the board haven't decided on a budget yet.
  • Trying to stay positive John O'Flynn has been linked with the Gills , but Ian Hendon seems to indicate that he wants to move up a level. He took his goal well at the Valley and I've liked him when I have visited Underhill from time to time.

Hendon told the Kent Messenger: "His record speaks for itself in this division. He's a good striker and a good finisher and would be a great addition. He's on a free transfer and available.

"John turned down a deal at Shrewsbury on transfer deadline day because he wanted to play in the league above.

"It might still be his aspiration to play at a higher level, but you never say never. I have spoken to him and I keep in touch with a few old players from Barnet.

"He's a good lad, a friend and a good player. I've asked the question."
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!