Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• A classic from Football Rumours

24 Jun 2010 12:32:50
    News from South Wales.

Despite reports to the contrary, Steve Howard still set for Cardiff move. News in the local press quashing this rumour have annoyed Howards agent, but he has been assured that there is no foundation to the story. Signature to be announced 1st July.

Also Cardiff have four bids in for players. Koumas is one, another is known to be Darren Ambrose. He was due to sign for QPR, but wanted also wanted to talk to Cardiff. Warnock hit the roof and has withdrawn offer. Cardiff also to raid Charlton again for another Centre half, the second time in two years, this time I believe it is Llera.

At the Liberty, Talk of a £600k bid for Graham is way off the mark. Paulo Sousa is being asked to make the proverbial silk purse this year with free transfers and loans. There is no money being spent at the Liberty this season, irrespective of the money they may get it from player sales. More on this to follow.

Where did you get this info from as there is nothing in the south wales argos or echo and a mate who comes to work from cardiff has nothing in the Echo so would love to know which local paper this is

Coope
  • [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]According to Wikipedia Anderson Silva the Brazilian left footed midfielder from Barnsley is due to sign for Notts County on 1st July.

If this happens could it trigger Johnnie Jackson moving our way ?

Just out of interest - why were you on that chaps Wikipedia? That's really random
  • According to Wikipedia Anderson Silva the Brazilian left footed midfielder from Barnsley is due to sign for Notts County on 1st July.

If this happens could it trigger Johnnie Jackson moving our way ?

Just out of interest - why were you on that chaps Wikipedia? That's really random

I remembered him from Barnsley and had heard he was available on a free so I looked him up on Wiki to see if he had signed anywhere as I think he would be good at L1 level. I know Wiki is not a 100% reliable because the CL rumour about Moo2 and Arsenal is also reported.

On a similar subject I notice that Owen Garvan could be available from Ipswich but our friend Pards is leading the chase . It's a shame Bailey is not going there and we do not get a part exchange as I think Garvan was superb as a youngster ?
  • I've always rated Garvan and would love him to come to us - had a few run-ins with Keano I believe so would be available but not necessarily on a free
  • Deon Burton pretty much confirmed to be signing for Notts County apparently.
  • CHGCHG
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Deon Burton pretty much confirmed to be signing for Notts County apparently.

Great, sounds like Sam is off as well, the next few weeks are going to be tough.
  • allan mccormicks contract mutually terminated
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: coltsgoalie[/cite]allan mccormicks contract mutually terminated[/quote]

thats who southend got in to replace Bailey - would be ironic if we got him for the same reason.
  • Confirmed on Southend's website that Adam Barrett and Alan McCormack are available on Free Transfers.
  • are they any good?

Neither rings a bell
  • Sponsored links:

• According to Wiki McCormack played 'with' Nicky Bailey and had a 'formidable' midfield partnership with him in 07/08.

I think these are the sorts of players we will pick up . I suspect we would be attractive to either of them as long as Huddersfield , Notts County , Sheffield Wednesday or Southampton don't come calling.
  • local and we've bought some decent players from Southend in the past.
  • WHOA - It's all gone transfer rumour crazy!

Burton could be the sweetener in the Jackson deal

IIRC McCormick was the combative midfielder that was "after" Bailey - they were far from friends
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]WHOA - It's all gone transfer rumour crazy!

IIRC McCormick was the combative midfielder that was "after" Bailey - they were far from friends

I think Burton is a free agent so we cant use him in any deal.

I'm sure we were linked with McCormack a few weeks back.
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Burton could be the sweetener in the Jackson deal
    He's out of contract though.

Just had a quick look to see if there was anything interesting on the Charlton BBC 606 site, someone seems to think Burton wants a 2 year deal. That doesn't sound unlikely, and at his age we probably will only offer 1 year at a time.
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]WHOA - It's all gone transfer rumour crazy!

I think Burton is a free agent so we cant use him in any deal.

I'm sure we were linked with McCormack a few weeks back.

I know - It was more wishful thinking tbh
  • This was posted on June 4th and maybe it has a grain of truth in it:

Latest from transfer rumours:

04 Jun 2010 17:04:28
    Charlton Athletic have already agreed a deal to sign Brett Pitman from Bournemouth after missing out on Chris Dagnall. Phil Parkinson is also said to be close to signing Dean Lewington from MK Dons. I have also heard the other player Charlton are set to sign is Alan McCormack from Southend. All these signings will funded from Nicky Bailey leaving, While Charlton will focus on Semedo signing a new deal, That is the only business Charlton Athletic will do this Summer.
  • Latest transfer rumours gem is that Lloyd Sam has signed a four year deal at Leeds. Not many four year deals been given out these days so i'll be a bit shocked if true.
  • I know we were after Dean Lewington last season but if he's not out of contract then forget it as MKD will want a fairly hefty fee. If I see his uncle in the next few weeks I'll ask.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]This was posted on June 4th and maybe it has a grain of truth in it:

Charlton Athletic have already agreed a deal to sign Brett Pitman from Bournemouth after missing out on Chris Dagnall. Phil Parkinson is also said to be close to signing Dean Lewington from MK Dons. I have also heard the other player Charlton are set to sign is Alan McCormack from Southend. All these signings will funded from Nicky Bailey leaving, While Charlton will focus on Semedo signing a new deal, That is the only business Charlton Athletic will do this Summer.

Lewington is a terrible player.
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]This was posted on June 4th and maybe it has a grain of truth in it:

Lewington is a terrible player.

and the rest of our players are brilliant of course. Dean has his faults, as do most at this level, but he's a decent League 1 or even Championship player.
  • Lewington comfortably one of the dirtiest players in the Football League, nearly Chris Morgan standard.

At least Bailey makes up for it in being a top player.
  • Where is this stuff about Lewington coming from except one Football Rumours posting.

Damian Scannel is also leaving Southend , having agreed terms with 'an unnamed' League One club
  • [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Where is this stuff about Lewington coming from except one Football Rumours posting.

Damian Scannel is also leaving Southend , having agreed terms with 'an unnamed' League One club

Scanell set to sign for Dagenham apparently.
  • Which Southend player "pushed" Bailey and got SO ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Which Southend player "pushed" Bailey and got SO ?

Jean Francois Christophe
  • Going back to the Adam Barrett and Alan McCormack rumours.

Do not know much about McCormack but he has scored a few peaches for Southend over the years, not sure if it on youtube but in 2007 scored a Bailey v Wolves type volley.

As for Barrett, lacks height but no nonsense centre half, would be ok with someone taller imho.
  • A bit of a mystery here. Sky Sports lists Jon Fortune as having joined us on a free. "Shome mishtake, surely?"
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: gilbertfilbert[/cite]A bit of a mystery here. Sky Sports lists Jon Fortune as having joined us on a free. "Shome mishtake, surely?"[/quote]

Knowing the skysports player profiles, probably has not been updated since he left last year.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!