Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Hoskins is a decent player, did well in league one with a struggling rotherham team.
  • http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=21870&headline=Charlton%20midfielder's%20AFC%20Wimbledon%20move%20on%20hold
    More talk about AFC Wimbledon wanting Mambo and Stavrinou on loan. Sounds like we'll see where we are squad wise in August and decide then.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=21870&headline=Charlton%20midfielder's%20AFC%20Wimbledon%20move%20on%20hold
    More talk about AFC Wimbledon wanting Mambo and Stavrinou on loan. Sounds like we'll see where we are squad wise in August and decide then.

Looks grim when they say we only have 10 senior players at the moment but I think we'll rectify that within a couple of weeks.
  • Yeah the liverpool youth team coach is on its way to that there london as we speak.. ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=21870&headline=Charlton%20midfielder's%20AFC%20Wimbledon%20move%20on%20hold

Looks grim when they say we only have 10 senior players at the moment but I think we'll rectify that within a couple of weeks.

Hopefully will, but I'm expecting several trialists making up numbers throughout pre-season much like last summer.
  • [cite]Posted By: Super_horns[/cite]According to our local paper (slightly more reliable than the Sun..!) you will be signing our out of contract striker Will Hoskins.

Probably be good at League One level but was on 7.5k a week at our place (can see why we're so skint!)

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/8230990.Charlton_close_in_on_Hoskins/
  • Hoskins scored a lot of goals for Rotherham just before he signed for Watford (15 in 22 at our level), I would guess he was just finding his feet for the Millers and maybe the move to Watford and the Prem was too soon. From what I can tell, he has not had a full season for a few years (therefore very Charlton like) so if he can get a good pre season, I think we may actually have a very decent striker.

Obviously there are clear comparisons with other players we have signed with injury problems but unlike McKenzie, Akpo etc Hoskins should have all of pre season to find form/fitness.

Going to put my neck on the line but cautiusly optimistic about Hoskins.
  • Football Rumours take on Hoskins

21 Jun 2010 20:38:53
    21 Jun 2010 19:34:05
    Will Hoskins had a meeting today with Rovers but doesn't want to relocate from London despite having a look around Bristol.

Charlton and Millwall are the front runners but the key factor will be first team football.
  • Can't see him going to Milwall, will not get into the side and after a loan spell there when he did not pull up any trees, they surely will feel they can do better upfront.

As for the rumour about Stav and Mambo going to Wimbledon, surely we need to secure Stav on a contract first.
  • Sponsored links:

• Also just read on skysports that Leicester are in talks this week with two out of contract players/free agents. putting 2+2 together, one could easily be Lloyd Sam.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Also just read on skysports that Leicester are in talks this week with two out of contract players/free agents. putting 2+2 together, one could easily be Lloyd Sam.

Why ? It could be one of the hundreds of out of contract players ?
  • True and it probably is, only that Lloyd Sam is a player that would surely have cropped up on most Championship clubs radars over the summer. Also I am not sure but do not remember Leicester having an out and out right winger playing regularly last season.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Also I am not sure but do not remember Leicester having an out and out right winger playing regularly last season.

They should never have released O. Moseley in my opinion, he excelled in that role.
  • There away kit is black shirts. .. spooky.

Will would be a good signing, his dad bob will do us a good deal on our gas bill.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Also just read on skysports that Leicester are in talks this week with two out of contract players/free agents. putting 2+2 together, one could easily be Lloyd Sam.

amazing to come up with that given that there are hundreds of out of contract players...;o)
  • Deon Burton is out of contract at Charlton ........ he's currently in talks with Manchester United.

It's just a rumour, of course - somebody has to start one.

:o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Deon Burton is out of contract at Charlton ........ he's currently in talks with Manchester United.

I think Dickson is more likely to get the nod because of his youth - Burton might have to settle for Arsenal or Spurs
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Deon Burton is out of contract at Charlton ........ he's currently in talks with Manchester United.

I think Dickson is more likely to get the nod because of his youth - Burton might have to settle for Arsenal or Spurs
    Dickson is at the World Cup with Ghana though, so it's a risk waiting on him when Burton is available to talk now. With 5 World Cup goals so far, there's only going to be more interest when he takes Ghana to the final.
  • Was speaking to his agent and Dickson to Barca is a done deal.
  • Sponsored links:

• dicksons lucky if he ends up at dartford!!!
  • How has Dickson managed a goal every 2.8-ish games?
  • [cite]Posted By: PaddyP17[/cite]How has Dickson managed a goal every 2.8-ish games?

He's only played 3 games and one hit him on the bum and went in
  • if only Dickson could have made any squad let alone Ghana's
  • SLP other day mentioned us having just 10 players, thinking about it, our squad at the moment is something like this (out of contract players in brackets)-

GK Elliot (Randolph)

RB Richardson and Jenkinson (Solly)
    CB Llera and Mambo (Dailly and S. Sodje)
    LB Youga (Basey)

RM (Sam and Wagstaff)
    CM Racon, Semedo and Stavrinou - Bailey expected to be sold
    LM Davisson - not sure what his best position in midfield is?

ST A. Sodje, McLeod, Fleetwood, Tuna and Perkins (Burton)

It's really 10 players plus five first year pros and Stavrinou now a second year pro.

Hopefully more good news on the out of contract players in the next week.
  • The way things are going the convo I had with my barber ages ago is going to come true reckon if things are as bad as they say we could really be looking at least 4 or 5 u18 players in the starting line up, paddy powell told him to expect this and that there were lots of people unhappy about waggy. You heard it here first folks if u want the inside scoop get to andrews on charlton church lane.
  • Very sad, but i was looking through the list of released players on the PFA website to see who was available. Lots fo decent players on there, but it includes Deon Burton on a free - http://www.givemefootball.com/pfa-transfer-list?name=FullName&page=8

Not sure if that is because he is out of contract?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: ChrisWhytesBaldhead[/cite]Very sad, but i was looking through the list of released players on the PFA website to see who was available. Lots fo decent players on there, but it includes Deon Burton on a free -[url]http://www.givemefootball.com/pfa-transfer-list?name=FullName&page=8[/url]

Not sure if that is because he is out of contract?[/quote]

He is out of contract so maybe. Will Hoskins looks like a similar player to Burton sio maybe his demands were too high. I think parkie said to Burton to have a look around at other clubs before negotiating with us, which indicates to me that Burton was looking for more than we could offer and in Parkies opinion more than the market value for him. Oh well all will be sorted out in a couple of weeks when the released players get their pink slips and new contracts are signed.
  • the pfa list includes players out of contract even if they are in negotiations over a new one. i remember sam togwell was on that list but has since signed a new deal with scunthorpe.
  • According to Wikipedia Anderson Silva the Brazilian left footed midfielder from Barnsley is due to sign for Notts County on 1st July.

If this happens could it trigger Johnnie Jackson moving our way ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!