Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• I have it on good authority that he turned down Celtic

Wanted to stay in London but his hand is being forced by the club. Be interesting to see if it happens
  • Stupid decision turning down Celtic if that's true.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]£1.5m is a fair price. Southend would get £300k, which means we would still pocket £1.2m
    That's assuming it's 20% of any fee. Might only be 20% of any profit we make.
  • surely only 20% of the profit. If we got anything over £1m for him it would be great business IMO, so £1.5-2M would be fantastic. With the Jonjo money, the wage bill coming down (esp give Mootoo) and I assume a slightly better TV deal would this be enough to keep us afloat for another season...let's hope so becuase it would mean we could keep our other players (or reinvest any money we made from selling them anyway).
  • I just hope we sell him quickly it is dragging on too long
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I just hope we sell him quickly it is dragging on too long

It's not really is it. No longer than any other deal.
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I just hope we sell him quickly it is dragging on too long

the fixtures are out we are shopping in a much smaller shop now days it would be nice to know who we have who is going so atleast PP will know what he has at his disposal, we all know he is going i just wish he would go asap
  • edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I just hope we sell him quickly it is dragging on too long

the fixtures are out we are shopping in a much smaller shop now days it would be nice to know who we have who is going so atleast PP will know what he has at his disposal, we all know he is going i just wish he would go asap

We'll be shopping in a much smaller shop if the club can't get decent money for Bailey. If it is dragging on at all then it is because we are trying to get good money for him in order for Parkinson to be able to add better quality to the squad.
  • Bailey would do well in Scotland. Bigger stage but similar level to league one. £1.5m is a great price I think.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I just hope we sell him quickly it is dragging on too long[/quote]

It's not really is it. No longer than any other deal.[/quote]

the fixtures are out we are shopping in a much smaller shop now days it would be nice to know who we have who is going so atleast PP will know what he has at his disposal, we all know he is going i just wish he would go asap[/quote]

Selling clubs will want to get rid of players as quickly as possible to reduce the wage bill as much as possible during a non income period, whilst buying clubs will want to delay purchases until they get back to pre season, to avoid adding to the wage bill during a period of no income. Come July and it will start to happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Daily Mail saying we've accepted a 1.5 mill bid for Bailey and it should be completed next week but it sounds like a rehash of the SLP story.
  • I think Southamton and Norwich are favourites
  • sthampton for me and if that is where he goes it spks volumes for bailey
  • It wouldn't surprise me .I didn't like the way he engineered the move to us in the first place and apparently a year earlier left Barnet under a similar cloud.
  • I would bite Boro's / Southampton's / Norwich's arm off for £1.5 million to sign Bailey.
  • Id love £1.5m. Not gonna dig him out yet, but if he goes southampton then i hope Semedo rattles him next season.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Id love £1.5m. Not gonna dig him out yet, but if he goes southampton then i hope Semedo rattles him next season.[/quote]

oooooOOOOoooohhh er Misses
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Id love £1.5m. Not gonna dig him out yet, but if he goes southampton then i hope Semedo rattles him next season.

He comes from Portugal, he fcuking hates... Southampton.

Hopefully it's not a League 1 club. Middlesbrough would be fine by me, but they're in the north just like Celtic. Norwich is a bit... closer. I would say 'more civilised', but best not. ;-)
  • edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]sthampton for me and if that is where he goes it spks volumes for bailey

I think he goes to Boro
  • [cite]Posted By: c/a/f/c[/cite]i only ever come on this thread for a good laugh. Makes me laugh how people really think they are controlling this or they have the breaking news of utter s**t

you would be surprised who has posted on here and i reckon they know alot more than you
  • Sponsored links:

• New poster here. Never posted on a messageboard before although have browsed at plenty over the years, in particular this one which seems to be the best (season ticket holder for 25 years at Charlton so not here as a wind up). Thought it was time to sign up rather than just watch. Would be great if we could get £1.5 million for Bailey but can't see that PP will get any of it. If the board had to put £7 million in last year to keep the club afloat then surely it will go towards reducing that 'prop up' figure this year until a buyer is found? or have we reduced outgoings that significantly in the last year?
  • £1.5m?

Hope we miss out and go for Brian Stock or someone like that.

Be a cracking deal for you lot if you manage to get some team pay that much for him.
  • edited June 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]New poster here. Never posted on a messageboard before although have browsed at plenty over the years, in particular this one which seems to be the best (season ticket holder for 25 years at Charlton so not here as a wind up). Thought it was time to sign up rather than just watch. Would be great if we could get £1.5 million for Bailey but can't see that PP will get any of it. If the board had to put £7 million in last year to keep the club afloat then surely it will go towards reducing that 'prop up' figure this year until a buyer is found? or have we reduced outgoings that significantly in the last year?[/quote]

My guess is we must have saved say £1.5M on wages (0.5M is Mootoo alone), got £1.5M? for Shelvey and poss £1.5M for Bailey. Say we get an extra £250K for TV money that leaves us at £4.75M better off from last year which makes you right!
  • Welcome Dan, thanks for taking the plunge.
  • wages was most likely our largest source of outgoings and with the 7 players released and the possibility of more and Waggot leaving, our wage bill is now closer to a league one club; whereas last year our wage bill was closer to that of a championship club. Add to that the money from Shelvey and most likely Bailey and perhap one or two more, we will be a lot better off. but i still don't think Parky will be given any money to spend on new players and we will be bringing in mostly freebies and loans. There was a rumour, from football-rumours so probably tosh, that Parky agreed to selling Bailey if he could get half of the money to spend on new players. I doubt this, but you never know; of all the crap posted on that site, sometimes someone might actually have inside info.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Welcome Dan, thanks for taking the plunge.[/quote]

Thanks look out.
  • i don't think PP will have much say in what money he gets. I get the impression he's just happy to have a job in football. Did well at Colchester, failed at Hull and despite some half decent loans in a tricky situation last year, ultimately he has failed again. Nice bloke, but clearly just the cheap option until we stop treading water as a club.
  • [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]i don't think PP will have much say in what money he gets. I get the impression he's just happy to have a job in football. Did well at Colchester, failed at Hull and despite some half decent loans in a tricky situation last year, ultimately he has failed again. Nice bloke, but clearly just the cheap option until we stop treading water as a club.

do you think we should have sacked him at any point ? Perhaps we should start a thread on it ;-))
  • [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]sthampton for me and if that is where he goes it spks volumes for bailey

I think he goes to Boro

What does that say about Bailey?

That he'd rather play under an aggressive red-headed midfield midget?
  • That he would rather stay in league 1 for more money than move to a chumpionship team

but hes off to boro so i was wrong or was i ??
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!