Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]read that Llanna at Saints has been linked with Wolves, could mean Pardew will want to replace him with Bailey.

Or Andrew Surman...
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]My mate in Southampton says their "premier sports newspaper 'The Pink'" reports Bailey will be signing for Southampton.

No chance of him going there imo, why would he stay in league 1? and if he did would be with us but thats not going to happen!

Well his best pal (in football that is) Jason Puncheon is there...plus it would depend on what wonga was put on the table.
    Believe we seriously tried to sign Puncheon last season but Pardew got a sniff and he was offered a better deal...(which illustrates my point re wages) and the rest is history.

That b*stard Pardew seems to be on a mission to destroy us. Trying to finish the job.

I think there is every chance this is true
  • According to football rumours, Sheffield United are now trying to sign Bailey and have offered £600k and Kyel Reid.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]According to football rumours, Sheffield United are now trying to sign Bailey and have offered £600k and Kyel Reid.[/quote]

Honestly I would be fairly happy with that. Would love to see Reid back but maybe if we could get 800k that would be a good deal.
  • 800k plus Reid and I'd take that. Not sure the Board would though, think they'd be more happy with 1m cash.
  • I bumped into derek acora last night in my local chippy. I told him that were all worried about new signings. He told me he would have a chat with sam and this is what he told me the spirits had communicated to him:

We will sign a player between the age of 18 and 38, he will be a proffesional and will have played football before. He will be male between 5 foot and 7 foot tall and have brownish blonde dark hair or possibly bald. He will have a name that contains vowels and constantants. He will have a left foot and a right foot and two hands.

He then got possed by the spirit of a 83 year old pendle witch but luckily my cod and chips twice was ready so I left him to it, can't wait for his vision to come true think he will be an awsome player.
  • Is it just me or our former players loanees perform better after they leave the club ?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: SE7 Expat[/cite]Is it just me or our former players loanees perform better after they leave the club ?[/quote]

It is FACT.

Everyone except Mark Kinsella
  • I wouldn't say Scott Parker has ever reached the level he was at with us since he left. He's still played well but he was better with us.
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]I wouldn't say Scott Parker has ever reached the level he was at with us since he left. He's still played well but he was better with us.

Or was that because Scott Parker was our stand out player?

He never quite managed that at Chelsea!
  • Sponsored links:

• latest from football-rumours -

17 Jun 2010 10:33:58
    Lastest charlton news

Phil Parkinson hopes to tie up deals for Gary McSheffrey & Liam Chilvers in the next few days.
    He is also waiting on Will Hoskins and James McEveley, who have also been offered contracts.

expect to see a lot of players on trial next month – including ex–england striker Darius Vassell.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Vassell... what ever happened to him?
  • [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]Vassell... what ever happened to him?

Dunno, I thought he was finished. Perhaps an empty Vassell these days.....?
  • He was playing in Turkey for a while wasn't he? Seem to remember them going crazy at the airport over him. Must have got him confused with Heskey.
  • He was 30 last Sunday.

Wiki says: In July 2009 Vassell signed for the Turkish side Ankaragücü.[10] Around 3,000 fans turned out and celebrated his arrival.[11] He scored his first goal in the Turkish Süper Lig against Manisaspor in the second week of the season.[12] Vassell later became a victim of unrest at Ankaragücü when, in November 2009, he and teammate Gustave Bebbe were thrown out of the hotel they were staying in due to the club not paying the bills.[13]

Following the hotel room ordeal, Vassell found it hard to settle at the club. He later announced that he was on medication for both mild depression and anxiety, due to the off-field problems surrounding him at Ankaragücü. He parted company with the club at the end of the 2009-10 season. He has, however, stated his intent to remain in Turkey and join a new Super Lig club.[14][15]
  • edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]He was playing in Turkey for a while wasn't he? Seem to remember them going crazy at the airport over him. Must have got him confused with Heskey.

Yep, he bought out his own contract. Must have enjoyed himself.

Depression & anxiety??!...jeez, he'll fit in well down the valley then.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]

We've had enough strikers with anxiety attacks in front of goal!
  • edited June 2010
    Just what we need, a player on medication for depression and anxiety.........he's joing the wrong club if he wants to remedy that!
  • He sounds like Oooahhh when the fixtures were announced.
  • Stebo beat me to it .

These seem possible .Vassell would be a coup at this level , but wiki says he wants to stay in Turkey
  • From charlton official twitter: (i.e. not rumour).

Frazer Richardson, Jose Semedo and Miguel Llera to name a few - in at the training ground for fitness tests
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]

Has to be an automatic choice for CL sponsorship then. Would be a role model for this site in recent times.

Is he really only 30? I know it's only football rumours but I always liked him. Fast and decent goal scoring record.
  • [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Stebo beat me to it .

These seem possible .Vassell would be a coup at this level , but wiki says he wants to stay in Turkey

Wiki also said Paul McCartney would be taking us over!
  • Just been reading up on the internet about Vassell and noticed that his fiancee lives in london.
  • Wiki got its info from an interview with Vassell on 31 May 2010 in the Birmingham Mail . Sorry I could not post the link
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]From charlton official twitter: (i.e. not rumour).

Frazer Richardson, Jose Semedo and Miguel Llera to name a few - in at the training ground for fitness tests

They're all still under contract.
  • http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=21656&headline=Middlesbrough
    Bailey to Middlesbrough according to SLP, though Celtic are hoping to get him.

Says we were hoping to get £2m, but may have to settle for around £1.5m.

I'd be very happy if we got something like £1.5m.
  • £1.5m would be around double what I thought we'd eventually end up with, so would settle for that.....especially if it meant keeping Racon and Semedo
  • Agreed, Sco.

I was hoping for £1.5M, but didn't think we would get that much. Anything above that would be a result.

Just hope the Southampton rumours aren't true. Much rather he went to Boro (whom I have a soft spot for), or even Naaaarwich.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    Bailey to Middlesbrough according to SLP, though Celtic are hoping to get him

Celtic .... ?

So Clem_Snide was right, that was Nicky Bailey on the 7:30 flight to Glasgow this morning!
  • £1.5m is a fair price. Southend would get £300k, which means we would still pocket £1.2m
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!