Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• edited June 2010
    it's basically like this; parky doesn't want to offer Deon a contract until he has had a good look around, talked to a few agents, to see which players might be interested in coming here.

the wage budget is tight - Burton's on maybe £6k a week; so whats better, giving him a new contract or letting him go and maybe getting two players on £3k a week? i expect thats the question which Parky is trying to answer right now.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]it's basically like this; parky doesn't want to offer Deon a contract until he has had a good look around, talked to a few agents, to see which players might be interested in coming here.

the wage budget is tight - Burton's on maybe £6k a week; so whats better, giving him a new contract or letting him go and maybe getting two players on £3k a week? i expect thats the question which Parky is trying to answer right now.

Nobody will be offered £6k a week next year

£2k is more realistic with bonuses and payrises dependent on promotion
  • More likely IMHO that burton is on around £3k pw and we want to offer him less.

Once DB sees that no one else if offering much he's more likely to take our offer.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I know that Henry, there is plenty going on, I know that and what, but just wish they'd get on and announce certain things to a) confirm it and b) give us something solid to actually talk about.

my wish was answered with the Waggy announcement. Now, can we have some news on a player signing please.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]my wish was answered with the Waggy announcement. Now, can we have some news on a player signing please.

So it's your fault that Mr 24/7 was fired!
  • Sheff Weds make their fourth summer signing, left back from Wolves who played against us for Bristol Rovers.
  • ''It also looks increasingly likely that the Roy O'Donovan move that we have been chasing will not happen. That's despite the fact that we have had a good offer with him for quite some time.

''We believe that he has now been contacted by Charlton, Swindon, Huddersfield and some clubs in the Championship.'' he told Carlisle United's official site.
  • Roy o'donovan sounds like a cowboys name!
  • It is in the clubs financial interest to wait for as long as possible until signing players as we have no income until the home games start up again. I suppose poor old Murray and co have to stump up the salary money out of their own pockets. Remember Tangoman bitching about this last year before the palarse debacle. Of course the same is true of other clubs.
    Wednesday are supposed to be in the midst of a takeover by wealthy Americans, so they have an advantage over everyone else.
    Most players will be on their holidays for another week or two, then the deals will start to be done.
    Burton did well for us last year but I would be extremely wary about him getting more injuries and would look elsewhere.
  • Jay Mceverley is being linked with a move to Leeds. I always suspected that he might go to a Championship club rather than us.He was on big wages at Derby
  • Sponsored links:

• Good ! McEverley ok going forward but dodgy defender.
  • edited June 2010
    http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/139582/Charlton-to-offer-Liam-Chilvers-new-chance
    Liam Chilvers, defender, looks like he's been released by Preston. Started his career at Arsenal so might want to come back to London?
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/139582/Charlton-to-offer-Liam-Chilvers-new-chance
    Liam Chilvers, defender, looks like he's been released by Preston. Started his career at Arsenal so might want to come back to London?

but Huddersfield also interested. And is he any good ? And if we are interested in a defender then who is going ? Sodje, Dailly, both ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]More likely IMHO that burton is on around £3k pw and we want to offer him less.

Once DB sees that no one else if offering much he's more likely to take our offer.

Do you really think Burton was on such little wages ? I dont.
  • Chilvers played for PP at Colchester so might be some truth in this one
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/139582/Charlton-to-offer-Liam-Chilvers-new-chance

but Huddersfield also interested. And is he any good ? And if we are interested in a defender then who is going ? Sodje, Dailly, both ?

Neither? I think most of us would say we ran for most of last season with one less centre back than would have been ideal.
  • Chilvers appeared on one of the Football Rumour lists. He has also been linked with another of his ex Managers Alan Irvine at Sheffield Wednesday as well as Huddersfield

I agree with Exiled we were one cb short last season and Moo2 creates a defensive salary vacancy.Parky said ideally he wanted an extra cb last year .

Parky seems to like signing his ex players so I think this may have credibility.

Other experienced CB's could be Gary Doherty and Jon Fortune.I suspect we may go for one or two of these depending on whether Dailly or Sodje sign a new deal or Llera leaves

It is probably more credible than this recent FR posting

13 Jun 2010 11:06:53
    A close source to the charlton hierachy has informed me that we are about to make a move for Brentford's ex–charlton player Charlie McDonald. The fee will be in the region of £200k and will happen from the direct sale of Stuart Fleetwood to League 2 Club Bradford City. To add to this, Izale McLeod is also on his way out, with a move to Aberdeen looking likely.
  • MacDonald recently signed a new deal at Brentford so even if we could afford 200k (which we cannot), there is no way he would leave and certainly not for that money.

Can see Fleetwood dropping down to league 2 however.

As for CBs, would love to see Fortune back. He is easily a Champ standard CB but due to recent injuries, not sure if anyone above L1 will take the gamble. Also he would work well alongside Dailly. Not sure Doherty and Dailly as sure we would need more mobility at the back.
  • Also just heard that a Sheff Utd "forward" is set to be signing for Brighton and a few fans up there reckon it is Kyel Reid.

Only a rumour.
  • I hope not.
  • Sponsored links:

• http://www.s24su.com/showthread.php?19163-Kyel-Reid
  • I thought Sheffield United were going to play him this year.

Brighton can probably outmatch us for fees if not wages now .
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]I thought Sheffield United were going to play him this year.

Brighton can probably outmatch us for fees if not wages now .[/quote]

How we have fallen!
  • [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]I thought Sheffield United were going to play him this year.

Brighton can probably outmatch us for fees if not wages now .

Even when we were a premier outfit, there was always about 20 clubs that could do the same, now there's just a hell of a lot more....
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: joeaddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]I thought Sheffield United were going to play him this year.

[b]Brighton can probably outmatch us for fees if not wages now [/b].[/quote]

Even when we were a premier outfit, there was always about 20 clubs that could do the same, now there's just a hell of a lot more....[/quote]

Including Millwall and Brighton ;-(
  • The latest Nicky Bailey rumour on FR ( yesterday it was Burnley )

14 Jun 2010 11:32:10
    The Nicky Bailey rumours can end.
    He will be signing for Middlesbrough.
  • http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=21018&headline=Charlton%20eye%20defender%20Liam%20Chilvers

Interesting Parky has confirmed his interest in Chilvers
    CHARLTON manager Phil Parkinson has confirmed that former Preston defender Liam Chilvers is one of his transfer targets this summer.

The 28-year-old centre-back played under the Valley boss at Colchester and is available on a free transfer.

“Liam is one of a number of players we’ve been looking at and I’ve spoken to his agent a couple of times,” Parkinson told the South London Press.

Charlton only have one contracted centre-back in Miguel Llera. Both Sam Sodje and Christian Dailly are free agents this summer and the manager is having to cut his wage bill after the Addicks missed out on promotion to the Championship.

Chilvers has unhappy memories of The Valley after injuring his Achilles in the warm-up before Preston’s 2-1 win in SE7 in March 2008.
  • Lee Croft on loan from Derby?
  • [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Lee Croft on loan from Derby?

where did you see that?
  • edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Lee Croft on loan from Derby?

where did you see that?

I was told by someone in the game, that this may happen.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!