Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Norwich have already had Two Bids for Bailey turned down apparently.

well, the way Norwich play the game these days they will already have agreed terms with Bailey and someday soon Nicky will hand in a transfer request and refuse to play if he isn't allowed to leave. Once again over a barrell we will accept an offer so as not to have an unhappy player on our hands.

like he did at Southend to come to us, speaks volumes of the player

Hold on hold on...has he done that to us yet...when and if he does then complain...until then that's rather an unfair comment don't you think?
  • Whatever happens I expect him to go and if it keeps the club alive and/or allows Parkinson to invest in a few players for the team to get us promoted then I'm all for it. No one can doubt his commitment to Charlton whilst he's been with us. However, if he went to Southampton or Millwall I could never forgive him.
  • Speculation is not fact.
  • I get the feeling Bailey will do what Darren Bent did, not a lot, just wait knowing he will eventually get a move. No need for him to request a transfer if he knows we're already negotiating and will have to sell him. Difference was Southend had offered him a new contract, they were trying to keep him.
  • in an ideal world, we'll try and get at least £1.4m for Bailey, so we still get £1m after giving southend their cut.

at least we have more than one club interested; means we can try and drive the price in the right direction; although i doubt we'll get as much as we would like.
  • just to clarify something. My comment was more on the underhand way that Norwich are prepared to do business. I can see them encouraging Nicky, if it came to it, to hand in a request so that they can get him on the cheap. I doubt Nicky would do that of his own volition.
  • I think with Bailey accepting a small fee wouldn't be worth doing, as we need the cash if you catch my drift, certainly not this early on anyway
  • Not really SA he spat his dummy out at Southend and acted like a spoilt brat i base my comment on that,

Not a big fan of Nicky Bailey i see a lot of good in his play but i never liked his play acting for us and it cost us ultimately in 1 game or his attitude when he left Southend.

He might be the nicest fella in the world in somes eyes

me he is the sterotypicle footballer
  • Saw this slightly more realistic rumour off Transfer Rumours:
    08 Jun 2010 13:52:17
    Charlton have given Parky a small budget to work with this year and he will carry out the following deals in coming weeks:

Michael Bostwick – 50k Stevenage
    Michael Rankine – 70k York City
    Jay Spearing – Loan (part of Shelvey deal)
    Jan Ostemobor – free
    Joe Ayinsah – free

Having released several players already, Parky will also join the race for soon to be sought after Tamika Mkandawire, the Addicks are likely to battle with rivals Millwall for his signature.

Llyod Sam has agreed a move to Leeds United, Bailey is talking to 3 Championship teams, however is waiting for a club closer to home. Wagstaff is yet to agree a new contract so may too be off.

Does Llyod Sam support Leeds??
  • No. Think its Wagstaffs family you does tho
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Not really SA he spat his dummy out at Southend and acted like a spoilt brat i base my comment on that,

Not a big fan of Nicky Bailey i see a lot of good in his play but i never liked his play acting for us and it cost us ultimately in 1 game or his attitude when he left Southend.

He might be the nicest fella in the world in somes eyes

me he is the sterotypicle footballer

Two sides to every story...I heard his side of it and it's 'very' different from the one Southend would have you believe...he was told one thing and then a different scenario started to take place.
    But there you go, believe who you want to I guess.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: CafcSteve[/cite]Does Llyod Sam support Leeds??[/quote]

Born in Leeds so maybe
  • edited June 2010
    Football Rumours has just tipped Izale to go to Brentford

Just seen this on Sky

Huddersfield ace Theo Robinson is being targeted by a number of clubs, skysports.com understands.

The 21-year-old joined Huddersfield last summer on a three-year deal from Watford.

Robinson came through the youth ranks at Watford after he was freed by Stoke, but he played just a handful of games for The Hornets during his three years with them.

He did though enjoy loans spells at Wealdstone, Hereford and Southend and he shone with over 30 goals.

Robinson was snapped up by Town and he scored 16 goals in just 18 starts as he helped the Terriers to the play-offs.

It now seems that he could be on the move with a number of clubs showing an interest.

Skysports.com understands that Bristol City, Norwich City, Peterborough United and Charlton Athletic have all shown an interest.
  • I've seen that Robinson play a few times this season and haven't been impressed.
    However, he's got plenty of pace and scored 16 goals.
    There's no way we'd sign him from Hudders though.
  • Not seen a great deal of Robinson, but the word Raw sprang to mind when I did see him play. Clearly got a goal or 2 in him and at an age where he can still improve.

I have no real probelm with us signing players like this as long as we're careful to get one's with an attitude that makes them want to apply themselves and work at their game. I think that is where we got it wrong with people like Dickson and Mcleod, they had slightly big time charlie attitudes about them and didn't put the hard graft in to bring their game on after stepping up a level or 2.

Realistically, when bringing in strikers on our budget we're looking at a proven player like Forster who may be cheap because he's past his best, signing someone like Mooney who is slightly more experienced and may do the business with a bit of work and if we can give him the right platform but is cheap because he'll need to develop a bit and have a very specific setup to get the best out of him, or a raw but promising youngster who we can work on but may take a while to really bear fruit. Either way, there will be a fair amount of gamble involved.

Hard to see Robinson coming in and scoring like that for us though - one things Hudds did very well last season was create bags of chances (was it vs Wycombe they beat 7-0 whilst the Wycombe goalie had a blinder, they hit the post 3 times and missed a pen?), playing for us (based on last season) he'll probably only get 1 or 2 chances per game and not necessarily very clear cut ones.
  • does anyone think Huddersfield will let him go on a free? Thought not. Strike him off the list then. Fee involved - forget it.
  • edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Not seen a great deal of Robinson, but the word Raw sprang to mind when I did see him play. Clearly got a goal or 2 in him and at an age where he can still improve.

I have no real probelm with us signing players like this as long as we're careful to get one's with an attitude that makes them want to apply themselves and work at their game. I think that is where we got it wrong with people like Dickson and Mcleod, they had slightly big time charlie attitudes about them and didn't put the hard graft in to bring their game on after stepping up a level or 2.

Realistically, when bringing in strikers on our budget we're looking at a proven player like Forster who may be cheap because he's past his best, signing someone like Mooney who is slightly more experienced and may do the business with a bit of work and if we can give him the right platform but is cheap because he'll need to develop a bit and have a very specific setup to get the best out of him, or a raw but promising youngster who we can work on but may take a while to really bear fruit. Either way, there will be a fair amount of gamble involved.

Hard to see Robinson coming in and scoring like that for us though - one things Hudds did very well last season was create bags of chances (was it vs Wycombe they beat 7-0 whilst the Wycombe goalie had a blinder, they hit the post 3 times and missed a pen?), playing for us (based on last season) he'll probably only get 1 or 2 chances per game and not necessarily very clear cut ones.

Erm, against norwich we had over 20 shots, same against swindon at home. The problem hasn't been creating chances, it's been putting them away.

In fact, I've found some stats, we had the third highest number of shots on target (183, leeds had 186, norwich 205) and the third highest shots off target (167, Norwich 169, Leeds 190)

So if he can score that many for Hudders who had fewer shots than us, then he should score a similar number (if not more) for us.

*Should point out the stats above are not for the full season. They were done after 29 or so games, so actually don't include the two games I listed above in which we had well over 20 shots in each match.

The swindon game for instance we had a total of 27 shots, 20 of which were on target, yet only scored 2. So it is very much the case that we create plenty of chances and just can't finish them.

Against Norwich we had 16 shots on goal, 9 on target, compared to Norwich's 3 shots all game, 2 on target, of which they scored the only goal of the game.
  • Have to say Andy I'm staggered by those stats, it certainly would not be my perception. Finishing cahnces has definitely been a problem, but creating really good clear cut chances has also been one. Lots of shots don't necessarily mean they were clear chances of course - a good number of the shots vs Swindon for example were efforts from outside the box.
  • [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Have to say Andy I'm staggered by those stats, it certainly would not be my perception. Finishing cahnces has definitely been a problem, but creating really good clear cut chances has also been one. Lots of shots don't necessarily mean they were clear chances of course - a good number of the shots vs Swindon for example were efforts from outside the box.

Fair enough, I didn't see enough games last year to guage the quality of the positions the shots were taken from, but I would guess that on average they weren't perceptably worse than the clubs around us. The fact is a 20+ goal a season striker in our team would have sealed us automatic promotion. As it was we relied on a midfielder and a hold-up man to score the majority of our goals, whilst I closest rivals all had an out and out goal scorer.
  • Jon Otsomobor has signed for Sheff Weds.
  • Sponsored links:

• If there was one thing that stopped us getting promoted it was a prolific goal scorer, Burton did his best and played through injuries as well as upfront on his own, but we need to get a reasonably prolific scorer in as a matter of priority. If we don't get a 15-20 goals-a-season scorer in for next year we'll be stuck in L1 for a third season. The situation will only be made worse if Bailey goes, but if he does and with the money we get from Jonjo then we must spend some of it on buying in a striker. Relying on free transfer signings is not the answer.
  • http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/ClubShooting/0,,10794~200925,00.html

Final shooting stats
    Club		ON	OFF	HW
    Leeds United	303	323	24
    Southampton	296	276	19
    Norwich City	293	265	10
    Charlton	288	259	21
    Millwall	265	266	18
    Huddersfield	247	271	22

As said that doesn't show how many of those shots were good chances.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/ClubShooting/0,,10794~200925,00.html

Final shooting stats
    Club		ON	OFF	HW
    Leeds United	303	323	24
    Southampton	296	276	19
    Norwich City	293	265	10
    Charlton	288	259	21
    Millwall	265	266	18
    Huddersfield	247	271	22

As said that doesn't show how many of those shots were good chances.

What it does show is we had comfortably more shots on target than Millwall and likely 2 more per game than swindon, both of whom got to the play final. The fact our stats are remarkably similar to Norwich's, yet they finished 11 points clear of us, show's the virtue of having a proper goal scorer.

However you could say we were unlucky, if you reversed our hit woodwork figures with Norwich's we probably would have gone up automatically. 11 more goals, especially if they were in the tighter games could have seen us 10-20 points better off
  • ....but then how many of those hit woodwork chances were clear cut. Then rules out the luck factor if its a six yard sitter.
  • Interesting stats Sco...

Taking Southampton out of the equation - they had a points deduction, three of the top four sides got promoted. All had at least one prolific striker who scored more goals than our top scorer.

Am i right in thinking that Billy Paynter is out of contract at Swindon? Get him in and if he has as good a year as he had for Swindon then we should get the extra few goals that take us from the play-offs into an automatic promotion place, plus it weakens Swindon...
  • Billy Paynter has joined Leeds.
  • [cite]Posted By: CafcSteve[/cite]Billy Paynter has joined Leeds.

If that's so, then it's no longer a rumour.
    Or even a rumour rumour.

And off topic. FACT!
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CafcSteve[/cite]Billy Paynter has joined Leeds.

Or even a rumour rumour.

And off topic. FACT![/quote

Booo, the scoundrel.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CafcSteve[/cite]Billy Paynter has joined Leeds.

Or even a rumour rumour.

And off topic. FACT!

A genuine rumour!

Luckily Ostembor has joined Wednesday http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_6197262,00.html
  • The rumour is that there are no real rumours today!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!