Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]
    On another note- John O'flynn at Barnet is out of contract and awaiting talks with Stimson, no compensation would be needed if they do offer him a new deal as sure he is about 26/27 and his scoring record is very impressive considering he has played for a struggling side. Read on their message board that he was unfit at times last season yet was still played regularly. This may explain why his record last year was not quite so good- overall though I think it si 34 in 72 starts for the Bees. Would be worth a punt?

definitely - John O'Flynn is more than capable of doing a job for us.

I liked o'flynn - big lump with a good touch
  • [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Looking back we didn't sign Llera (our first signing last summer) until 29th June, then Richardson just over a week later. Hopefully we're not waiting that long again for our first signing.

technically Akpo Sodje was our first signing... but i know what you mean.

ok who posted this

07 Jun 2010 11:19:08
    My dads uncles brother works at Charlton as part of the admin team, in the past few days he's seen Alan Curbishley and Tord Grip enter the Valley. He also said Charlton will complete a move for a 3 year deal for Irish starlet David Mooney.

don't know what's worse; calling David Mooney a starlet. or saying 'your dad's uncle's brother'- which would be your granddad or a great ancle.

XD

07 Jun 2010 10:49:58
    Leeds United will this week announce the signing of Charlton winger Llyod Sam. Also Nicky Bailey is being highly sort after by Norwich, Southampton and Middelsboro respectively. Expect Charlton to sign the following:

Jay Spearing – Liverpool – Loan
    Akinfenwa – Northampton – free
    Michael Bostwick – Stevenage – 90k
    Danny Green – Dag & Red – 200k
    Vincelot – Dag & Red – 120k
    Joe Anyinsah – Carlisle – free

these i can actually see happening.

Would love to have Danny Green but he would cost more than 200k.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Doherty made over 40 appearances for Norwich last season and came 3rd in their player of the year which isn't bad going considering they had Holt, Hoolahan, Martin and Forster in their team. Whilst he's not exactly the worlds best centre back or blessed with lightning pace, how often do league one defenders come up against strikers with blistering pace? I''m sure he'd be more than capable for us, especially on a free and i'd much rather have him in the side than Llera the liability.

Agreed, I find it odd that people are happy to write off someone with Docherty's pedigree (last seasons achievements + Premiership and International experience) and then suggest a bloke from effing Stevenage as a more reliable signing.

Like I say, apparently Dailly was pony and an accident waiting to happen - that until people actually saw him play properly rather than just occasional high(low)lights.
  • I think some people are thinking of Docherty's inadequacies which were shown up in the PL and the Championship but in League 1 he's more than useful and as said was outstanding for Norwich last season. To play those amount of games in the team that won the League then he must have done alright. Can't see us signing any better to be honest.
  • not forgetting Doherty was in the PFA League One Team of the Season
  • Would be delighted if we got Doherty.
  • http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11684_6195543,00.html

Were interested in ANOTHER right back?
  • Would take Doherty over Llera anyday & twice on Sundays. He knows what type of player he is and does a good job, unlike Llera who thinks he is Rio.

Dailly & Doherty at the back sounds good to me. With Richardson right and Youga / Jackson (with a bit of luck) on the left it sounds like a base on which we could build success.
  • edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: StubleyAddick[/cite]http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11684_6195543,00.html

I don't believe that, though we'll obviously be after someone like Otsemobor if Richardson is sold, free and fairly experienced.
  • edited June 2010
    think they are just continuing the trend of linking us to any player out of contract. or maybe richardson is being sold, or maybe parky doesn't think solly is good enough back-up. can Otsemobor play anywhere else?
  • Sponsored links:

• A player kept out of the Norwich side but Omozusi. People will love that.
  • [cite]Posted By: StubleyAddick[/cite]http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11684_6195543,00.html

Oh dear.
  • I suspect it is agent talk . We are mentioned as one of four clubs.

One product of Pardew's sign everyone policy is that sometimes there are interesting scraps.

Otsemober played for Liverpool then moved to Crewe ( who have a good reputation for developing young players) so must have some ability.

I would not be unhappy with this.

Doherty I would be delighted by at this level and O'Flynn impressed me when we played Barnet in the JPT.
  • [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]I suspect it is agent talk . We are mentioned as one of four clubs.

One product of Pardew's sign everyone policy is that sometimes there are interesting scraps.

Otsemober played for Liverpool then moved to Crewe ( who have a good reputation for developing young players) so must have some ability.

I would not be unhappy with this.

Doherty I would be delighted by at this level and O'Flynn impressed me when we played Barnet in the JPT.

Jon lacks a footballing brain, he done alright in his first few games but after that he was below average. Not exactly the type of player you want if promotion is the goal next season.

He has got great pace but doesn't use it to his advantage when going forward as it is very rare that he will into the opponents half.
  • Seem to remember a Norwich fan saying that Ostembor was the worst player he had ever seen and that non league was more his level, also I think he was on good money at Norwich (a bit like Moo2 for us).
  • As an arguably more reliable source than football rumours, the Wikipedia page for Nicky Bailey has seen some interesting edits over the last 24 hours.................

A possible career change, a drop back into non-league or a move back into the Championship? hmmmmmm :p

"On the 5th of June 2010 Bailey agreed terms with Norwich City Council as a binman for an hourly fee believed to around £7.50"
    "On the 5th of June 2010 Bailey agreed terms with North Walsham Town for an undisclosed fee believed to around £7.50."
    "On the 5th of June 2010 Bailey agreed terms with Wroxham Town for an undisclosed fee believed to around £75,000."
    "On the 5th of June 2010 Bailey agreed terms with A.F.C. Bournemouth for an undisclosed fee believed to around £75,000."
    "On the 5th of June 2010 Bailey agreed terms with Norwich City for an undisclosed fee believed to around £750,000."
  • On the 5th of June 2010 Bailey agreed terms with Norwich City Council as a binman for an hourly fee believed to around £7.50"

Hahahahaha
  • With regard to the Michael Bostwick rumour, apparently its been said that he wanted to come to us and this was confirmed at a fans meeting by their chairman, a good few weeks back.
  • 07 Jun 2010 18:47:34
    Norwich News

My source at Norwich tells me that Solomon Taiwo has failed his medical and will not be signing, but Charlton have accepted a bid for Nicky Bailey and he is due to talk terms with Norwich very soon but there has been an offer from Southampton as well. I was told that the friendly between Dagenham and Redbridge and Norwich was made because Norwich have agreed to sign Danny Green but im not sure when he will officially sign. Fraser Forster will sign shortly as well.
  • 07 Jun 2010 16:22:35
    Southampton Squad 2010/11:

28. Bartoz Bialkowski
    1. Kelvin Davis

30. Danny Coid (Blackpool) – Free
    5. Inigo Calderon (Brighton) – Free
    39. Aaron Martin
    12. Jose Fonte
    6. Radhi Jaidi
    35. Dan Seaborne
    2. Dan Harding
    3. Ryan Dickson (Brentford) – Tribrunal
    18. Joseph Mills

37. Michail Antonio (Reading) – Loan
    4. Jason Puncheon
    14. Dean Hammond
    8. Nicky Bailey (Charlton Ath) – £1,000,000
    19. Morgan Schneiderlin
    10. Paul Wotton
    20. Adam Lallana
    11. Lee Holmes

7. Rickie Lambert
    13. Lee Trundle (Swansea) – £300,000
    9. Freddy Adu (Benfica) – £1, 200,000
    17. Lee Barnard
  • Sponsored links:

• 07 Jun 2010 15:12:52
    07 Jun 2010 14:10:45
    There is a lot of work going on behind the scenes at nottingham forest. Despite few rumours hitting the tabloids as many as 6 new players could join the club this summer.

Forest are expected to keep any anouncements quiet until after July 1st. Some at the request of the other club.

I am told Forest have had two bids accepted so far and others they are waiting to hear back on.

Club captain Nicky Bailey of Charlton is one of those. The fee is around £1million (with mcgugan loaned out to them until Jan).

A counter offer has been made in a bid to sign peter whittingham with the welsh club interested in a straight swap for Rob earnshaw to replace Ipswich bound Chopra. Forest are considering this as a deal for Boyd seems to be difficult because of peterboroughs demands of £2mil (forest offered £1mill plus bonus's depending on promotion and appearances and goals).

Forest have agreed a deal in principle over the contract of James Beattie however they are yet to agree a price for the player with Stoke.

There has been a lot of interest in Kelvin Wilson but forest have made a move to make him one of the best earners at the club on the provision that if a prem team comes in with an offer of £5mil he can talk.

A deal for Darren Prattley is in the balance although Darren wants to join up with his best bud chris cohen at the centre of the Nottingham Forest midfield.

Other players of interest come from the continent with up to 6 norweigens being closely monitered 4 playing in norway and two for premiership clubs.

–––What are your sources?

The Big Poppa
  • 07 Jun 2010 14:31:13
    Charlton who are 40 mill in debt have until end of July to sell Nicky bailey for £1 mill..if they don't raise that amount they will go into admin.

Good news about that would be the 3 groups who have been waiting for Charlton to go into admin, they include former employee Peter Varney and Alan Curbishley's brother backed by a consortuim from the music world..
  • [cite]Posted By: eastbourne addick[/cite]07 Jun 2010 14:31:13
    Charlton who are 40 mill in debt have until end of July to sell Nicky bailey for £1 mill..if they don't raise that amount they will go into admin.

Good news about that would be the 3 groups who have been waiting for Charlton to go into admin, they include former employee Peter Varney and Alan Curbishley's brother backed by a consortuim from the music world..

Biggest bullshit I've head of there, our debt is to our directors and why would Peter Varney wait for us to go into admin so we get a 10point deduction and less chance off promotion.
  • I think we should abolish this thread..............99% is total bollox.

There are rumours and then there is just made up stuff - and the last few pages arejust that.

PS...........bloke I work with has a son, who is good mates with one of our goal keepers (can't say which one mind) - just toild me we are in talks with Kevin lisbie.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: eastbourne addick[/cite]07 Jun 2010 14:31:13

Good news about that would be the 3 groups who have been waiting for Charlton to go into admin, they include former employee Peter Varney and Alan Curbishley's brother backed by a consortuim from the music world..[/quote]

If you knew Bill Curbishley you would laugh if you read this. Chances? Nil.
  • [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]If you knew Bill Curbishley you would laugh if you read this. Chances? Nil.

I don't know Bill Curbishley (well, not personally anyway), and I'm still laughing!

Wotaloadoftosh...... ha ha!
  • Found this on the football banter section of transfer rumours!

07 Jun 2010 19:27:41
    I really rate Darren Ambrose, ever since I first saw him in a Newcastle shirt. Back then I thought he would become a great Premier League and International player. But he was never given a fair shot, when he signed for Charlton I knew it was a step down but I was far from the thought of relegation. Now Charlton are in Coca Cola League 1 and he's playing for Crystal Palace with a possible move of QPR on the cards, not MUCH of a step up in my thoughts. C'mon a Premier League club snap him up!
  • This thread has just got plain stupid with folk 'clearly' making up story's to such a ridiculous extent that it's become a total farce.
    Not my shout admin but I think the torpedos should be launched.
  • SoundAsa£ speaks sense, sort it out.
  • Take cover...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!