Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Bailey to Celtic
  • [cite]Posted By: HardyAddick[/cite]Bailey to Celtic

Ginger manager with a ginger team!

Still, the quoted 1 mill would be nice.
  • [cite]Posted By: Soundasa£[/cite]This thread has just got plain stupid with folk 'clearly' making up story's to such a ridiculous extent that it's become a total farce.
    Not my shout admin but I think the torpedos should be launched.

Why ? Its just a light hearted thread highlighing the stupidness of some internet rumours. No one should take it seriously, like the Takeover thread last summer.

Anything with a bit more credibility will be included in the stickied SUMMER NEWS thread at the top of the forum.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Anything with a bit more credibility will be included in the stickied SUMMER NEWS thread at the top of the forum.

I always forget to check the Stickies!!
  • Just seen Chelsea have released Joe Cole and Ballack on frees, come on parky, why haven't you signed them yet!
  • Ballack's too old. I'd take Cole on a pay-as-you-play basis.
  • [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Ballack's too old. I'd take Cole on a pay-as-you-play basis.

On that basis we can probably afford to play him around 15 mins a month
  • Bailey to Celtic / Jay Spearing (Liverpool) on loan to us for the season to 'replace' him?

Anyone seen JS play?
  • On a few forums and sites people are saying that Kelly Youga has handed in a transfer request! These sites do include transfer rumours though!
  • This is what Football Rumours said this morning :

09 Jun 2010 09:55:40
    Charlton news

Bailey is set to wrap up a move to norwich on friday, with fee of £1.4m having been agreed.

Semendo is discussing terms with Watford after they had a bid of £900k accepted.

Kelly Youga has handed in a transfer request as he wishes to move to a bigger club.

Michael Bostwick is deciding on a move to either Brighton or Charlton.

Contracts have also been offered to unattached players; Darren Carter, Sam Togwell, Will Hoskins, John O'Flynn, Roy O'Donovan and James McEverly

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Watford won't spend anything near £900k this summer, especially not on one player, stop wasting everyones time with your made up rumours.

This is similar to one of the rumours that has been posted a few times except O' Donovan and O'Flynn have been added to the list.
  • Sponsored links:

• Would be very pleased with O'Flynn, excellent record for Barnet and on a free aswell. Reckon he would be interested in a move to us aswell.
  • [cite]Posted By: CafcSteve[/cite]On a few forums and sites people are saying that Kelly Youga has handed in a transfer request! These sites do include transfer rumours though!

which forums and sites?
  • [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]This is what Football Rumours said this morning :

... stop wasting everyones time with your made up rumours.

that site is 99.9% made up rumours
  • Kelly Youga to bigger club hmmmm. Cue rush of big clubs coming to sign him ;0)
  • edited June 2010
    The only good thing to have continued from the days of lord curbs is the total discretion we have when signing players, were not a club that would ever publicy flaunt who are targets are 'tap' up a player, in all honesty over the years the first we know is when there snapped infront of the big crest at sparrows lane holding a shirt or shaking x managers hand. Its annoying on hand but on the other makes us the club we are showing respect and doing it the right away, hence why I find all rumours and 'a close source' said to be bloody hillarious.
  • [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Ballack's too old. I'd take Cole on a pay-as-you-play basis.

On that basis we can probably afford to play him around 15 mins a month

About the same as Matt Spring, then!
  • On the Facebook League One group a Hudders fan has said they are after Danny Gabiddon, Lee Carsley & John Stead!
  • see that Keith Keane whom we are continually linked with at Luton has signed a new two year deal to remain at Kenilworth Road.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]The only good thing to have continued from the days of lord curbs is the total discretion we have when signing players, were not a club that would ever publicy flaunt who are targets are 'tap' up a player, in all honesty over the years the first we know is when there snapped infront of the big crest at sparrows lane holding a shirt or shaking x managers hand. Its annoying on hand but on the other makes us the club we are showing respect and doing it the right away, hence why I find all rumours and 'a close source' said to be bloody hillarious.

I won't bother to whisper you what I heard last night then Adam

: - )
  • I know it is not as reliable as the rumours website but.....

McSheffrey
  • Sponsored links:

• The new Leon McKenzie? No thanks
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]The new Leon McKenzie? No thanks

McSheffrey was a super player and is certainly better than McKenzie. Only a couple of years ago he was a couple of million pound player. Admittedly he hasn't done much in a while but he can do a job
  • McSheffrey will go to a championship club.

the story also states that ipswich are also interested in Bailey - thats good the more interest there is, the more we can drive up the price.
  • Don't think you quite got my point Swisdom.

Not doubting GM's ability, more his fitness record - like LM.

Anyway, if that rumour is correct then the choice of three Championship clubs - and a Bundesliga side - would put us in fifth place to secure his services.

Don't rate those odds.
  • coming from the Prem, I very much doubt we could afford to pay him anything like he'd be looking for.
  • http://www.surreyherald.co.uk/surrey-sport/afcwimbledon/2010/06/10/dons-close-in-on-charlton-athletic-duo-86289-26627270/?
    AFC Wimbledon are close to agreeing a deal to bring two Charlton Athletic youngsters on loan next season.

The Dons want to tie up moves for a defender and a midfielder as Terry Brown's squad rebuilding gathers pace.

However, the Addicks want the pair to stay at the Valley for pre-season before coming to Kingsmeadow.
    Mambo clearly one, was linked with them before. Midfielder I guess will be Stavrinou. Only other young midfielder it might be is Davisson, but he's never been on loan before, BSP would be a big step up.
  • unless he has agreed a new contract then Stavrinou is out of contract.
  • Yeah I was assuming he'll be staying, I'll be surprised if any of Wagstaff, Basey, Solly and Stavrinou leave.
  • Inigo Calderon, the Brighton right back who scored a cracking goal at The Valley, has unexpectedly snubbed Soton and resigned for Brighton on a 3 year deal.SSN.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!