Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Waggy has been offered a contract.
  • It says on the SLP update thingamebob, that Chris Dagnall is on his way to Scunthorpe, as we can't match their offer.

Jebus! I know we are in the brown stuff, & that we will be priced out by a large number of clubs, but being priced out of it by Scunthorpe, just sounds so odd, & wrong. Getting used to it though.
  • http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/stevenage/8733256.stm

Michael Bostwick has signed a two year contract to stay at Stevenage.
  • edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Senpai[/cite]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/stevenage/8733256.stm

Michael Bostwick has signed a two year contract to stay at Stevenage.

Stevenage must pay more than us then :-( :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Harveys Trainer[/cite]Waggy has been offered a contract.
    As expected, but where did you see that?
    [cite]Posted By: Stefco[/cite]It says on the SLP update thingamebob, that Chris Dagnall is on his way to Scunthorpe, as we can't match their offer.

Jebus! I know we are in the brown stuff, & that we will be priced out by a large number of clubs, but being priced out of it by Scunthorpe, just sounds so odd, & wrong. Getting used to it though.
    Guess it might only be the difference between us being able to offer say £1.5k-2k a week, and Scunthorpe £2.5-3k. Moving to London would probably cost him more than Rochdale to Scunthorpe as well.
  • and Scunthorpe are in the championship, we're not.
  • I very much doubt Scunny pay 2.5k pw. Possibly more to do with lenghth of contract, location AND whether we are actually in a position to offer anyone a contract yet. May all depend on whether those currently out of contract accept or not or maybe even on how much we get for Bailey.
  • edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I very much doubt Scunny pay 2.5k pw. Possibly more to do with lenghth of contract, location AND whether we are actually in a position to offer anyone a contract yet. May all depend on whether those currently out of contract accept or not or maybe even on how much we get for Bailey.
    Maybe not, was just trying to say that while Scunthorpe won't be paying big wages at all, we still might only be able to afford less than they can offer.

Agree your other points could all come into it. Still no news on even one player staying so that will probably be sorted out before we sign anyone.
  • edited June 2010
    I'd like Basey to stay but suspect it's about money
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Basey is a wanted man - 6 clubs interested - but he wants to stay so I guess it's all about the £££££
    Basey? Or do you mean Bailey?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Basey is a wanted man - 6 clubs interested - but he wants to stay so I guess it's all about the £££££
    Basey? Or do you mean Bailey?

mr basey is out of contract - stands to reason he will be contacted as he's an u21 international and a decent player
  • Oh ok. When you said 6 clubs that made me think you meant Bailey, as the story from the SLP site says 6 clubs are after him as well.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Oh ok. When you said 6 clubs that made me think you meant Bailey, as the story from the SLP site says 6 clubs are after him as well.

no - this came from his dad last night
  • Mcleod - no one wants you pal, just bugger off.
  • A left field rumour from Football Rumours

10 Jun 2010 15:32:31
    Mamadou Bah Talks Progress With Millwall! + Charlton Set To Sign French Ace?

My Source who works with a lot of french footballers informs me that the talks between Bah and Millwall are progressing well and that plans are already being put into action to arrange flights for the medical which should take place in the next few days.

The transfer fee is still undisclosed at the moment as the deal isn't done until the player signs the agreement, which can only happen in a face to face meeting. All things going well Bah should by flying over in the next few days.

Finally Troyes AC defender Mathieu Baudry is set to sign for Charlton within the next few days after the two clubs agreed on a fee. Baudry was on trial at Leeds last year but the two clubs were unable to come to an agreement on the fee. The highly rated french defender has long been after a move to the english leagues.
  • edited June 2010
    HAHA another reliable rumour fromm the sacred football rumours site- heres another one

10 Jun 2010 00:10:56
    Charlton Athletic are set to announce their first couple of Summer signings. They will be:
    Neil Harris – 200k
    Michael Antonio – Loan
    Nicky Butt – Free

Departing will be:
    Bailey – Celtic or Norwich
    Youga – French Team
    Sam – Leeds or Millwall
  • edited June 2010
    Agree a fee and Parky buying from abroad... Something doesn't seem very likely about that one.

Edit: that was in reply to the post about Boudry.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: optimus prime[/cite]hello everyone im new here, ive a friend who works at the club and apparently bailey is on his way out if we were not to go up which obviously happend!! im gutted, app a few championship clubs after him:([/quote]

You are being incredibly ironic, yeah?
  • From Sky Sports

22.56 Charlton Athletic striker Izale McLeod is looking for a new club, according to his agent.
  • my prediction is that he will find another League 1 club to join and will bang in 20 goals next season including a couple against us. Not saying we should keep him as it's just not worked out for him here but he'll score goals at this level imo. With a year to go on his contract are we releasing him or looking for a small fee I wonder. As the last of the Pardew high earners he must be on about 6k pw and I can't see too many other clubs being able or willing to match that. Just getting him off the wage bill would probably be a good result.
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]From Sky Sports

22.56 Charlton Athletic striker Izale McLeod is looking for a new club, according to his agent.[/quote]

Spotted at the Calloway Golf centre in Chessington.
  • That reads like:

Charlton say "go and look at what else is out there and you'll see there ain't much"

Burton's Agent says "We've got another firm offer but it wasn't right so now I need to up the pressure on Charlton to make an offer soon so I'm ringing the SLP"
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]That reads like:

Charlton say "go and look at what else is out there and you'll see there ain't much"

Burton's Agent says "We've got another firm offer but it wasn't right so now I need to up the pressure on Charlton to make an offer soon so I'm ringing the SLP"

Hardly looks like we are breaking our backs to keep him either !
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]That reads like:

are we breaking our backs to keep anyone ? No news on Waggy, Basey, Sam, Stavrinou, Sodje, Randolph etc. If they all move on we could be in trouble !!
  • “There has been a firm offer from one party but it wasn’t right. They have asked to be kept informed of his situation. Deon’s on holiday but we’re hoping to talk once he gets back.”
    Burton probably isn't the only player still on holiday, they've probably all got offers for when they get back or will be soon sorted out.

Agent Darryl Powell, is that the former Derby and Jamaica player ? Would have played with Burton for both club and country.
  • edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]are we breaking our backs to keep anyone ? No news on Waggy, Basey, Sam, Stavrinou, Sodje, Randolph etc. If they all move on we could be in trouble !!

None of those players were included in the recent OS list of released players, which gives me the impression the club would like to retain them.

In Choicey's video interview, Grant Basey said all the players are still on holiday.
    No player is going to negotiate or sign any contract while he's away, is he?

So it's only agents who are making noises.

IMO I don't believe it's a case of breaking our backs to keep anyone or not. Parky has already said in the press he's keen to keep most of those players and they will be offered new contracts.

But it seems to me that new contracts offered will be in line with our League One status, and no doubt reduced compared to existing contracts. Some players like Lloyd Sam may be able to win a better package elsewhere, particularly from a Championship club.

In Burton's case, his agent is clearly not impressed by the firm offer that "wasn't right"; agent speak for not enough money, I guess. Charlton seem keen to keep him but no doubt on a reduced contract. And as Deon's still on holiday, he's not even around for anything to happen.

And out of contract players are still contracted until 30th June inclusive.

Pre-season training commences 1st July. Grant Basey said he'll be reporting back at Sparrows, so he evidently thinks he's staying.
  • Heard something that we're considering moving for Deon Burton.

Hopes its lies though.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]That reads like:

are we breaking our backs to keep anyone ? No news on Waggy, Basey, Sam, Stavrinou, Sodje, Randolph etc. If they all move on we could be in trouble !!

large, you do this to yourself every year and every year I say the same thing.

Lack of news does not mean lack of action.
  • I know that Henry, there is plenty going on, I know that and what, but just wish they'd get on and announce certain things to a) confirm it and b) give us something solid to actually talk about.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!