Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• is he the fruit loop of soccer am?
  • [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]is he the fruit loop of soccer am?

That's him.
  • "This is a True story......"
  • He'd be a decent signing. A creative midfielder is something we did lack at times last year...especially when Parkinson wouldn't play Jonjo!
  • [quote]

13 Jun 2010 11:06:53
    A close source to the charlton hierachy has informed me that we are about to make a move for Brentford's ex–charlton player Charlie McDonald. The fee will be in the region of £200k and will happen from the direct sale of Stuart Fleetwood to League 2 Club Bradford City. To add to this, Izale McLeod is also on his way out, with a move to Aberdeen looking likely.[/quote]

Would love Charlie Mac back.
  • My mate in Southampton says their "premier sports newspaper 'The Pink'" reports Bailey will be signing for Southampton.
  • Lee Croft is plausable , I found this quote from Nigel Clough on Team Talk from April about his recovery from injury

'When asked if Croft was close to forcing his way back into contention, Clough said: "Not at the moment. He is on the fringe of the squad and at the moment and given the way he is sort of playing, we can't see him getting back involved. '

According to Wiki he is on a three year contract.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]My mate in Southampton says their "premier sports newspaper 'The Pink'" reports Bailey will be signing for Southampton.

No chance of him going there imo, why would he stay in league 1? and if he did would be with us but thats not going to happen!
  • [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]My mate in Southampton says their "premier sports newspaper 'The Pink'" reports Bailey will be signing for Southampton.

No chance of him going there imo, why would he stay in league 1? and if he did would be with us but thats not going to happen!

You're forgetting the Magic Pardew Factor:

Qualification 1: You must be able to score goals in the lower divisions.

Qualification 2: If any other club makes a bid for the player, Pardew will pay more.
  • Wot ..... no rumours for 59 minutes?

Is it the end of the world already?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Wot ..... no rumours for 59 minutes?

No, it's lunchtime.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Wot ..... no rumours for 59 minutes?

No, it's lunchtime.

Phew, that's alright then! It was feeling a bit like first thing Monday morning.
  • [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]My mate in Southampton says their "premier sports newspaper 'The Pink'" reports Bailey will be signing for Southampton.

Well his best pal (in football that is) Jason Puncheon is there...plus it would depend on what wonga was put on the table.
    Believe we seriously tried to sign Puncheon last season but Pardew got a sniff and he was offered a better deal...(which illustrates my point re wages) and the rest is history.
  • Allegedly Parky tried to sign Puncheon in pre-season only to be told by one of the consortiums that after the purchase of the club had been concluded he would be able to aim his sights a little higher.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Allegedly Parky tried to sign Puncheon in pre-season only to be told by one of the consortiums that after the purchase of the club had been concluded he would be able to aim his sights a little higher.

We were obviously Puncheon above our weight.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Allegedly Parky tried to sign Puncheon in pre-season only to be told by one of the consortiums that after the purchase of the club had been concluded he would be able to aim his sights a little higher.

Thats spot on, was there when Parky said it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Allegedly Parky tried to sign Puncheon in pre-season only to be told by one of the consortiums that after the purchase of the club had been concluded he would be able to aim his sights a little higher.

We were obviously Puncheon above our weight.
    That is absolutely shocking!!!
  • The latest from Football Rumours

16 Jun 2010 13:44:01
    Johnnie Jackson from Notts County will move to Charlton in a swap deal with Lloyd Sam.
  • Swap deal for an out of contract player?

I doubt Notts County will let Jackson go for nothing. Which means we most likely won't sign him.
  • Milwall seem to think they have signed Mkandawire from Orient!
    http://www.millwall.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=49272&posts=4
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2010
    Mkandwire confirmed on their OS.
  • edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: CafcSteve[/cite]Milwall seem to think they have signed Mkandawire from Orient!
    http://www.millwall.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=49272&posts=4

Slightly off topic as it isn't a rumour anymore but it is on their OS so must be true.....:(
    OS
  • I think we knew Mkandwire was out of reach once Millwall ( with their new CCC status) made an offer.

He wanted to play in the CCC.I'd be happy with Chilvers , Doherty or Fortune to supplement our exisiting CB's.

Dario Gradi made the point last week that Agents start with Prem and CCC clubs and work their way down the leagues

Leeds have signed Fredricco Bessone from Swansea as their new left back , does that mean Mceverley might be up for grabs again ?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]My mate in Southampton says their "premier sports newspaper 'The Pink'" reports Bailey will be signing for Southampton.[/quote]

No chance of him going there imo, why would he stay in league 1? and if he did would be with us but thats not going to happen![/quote]

Well his best pal (in football that is) Jason Puncheon is there...plus it would depend on what wonga was put on the table.
    Believe we seriously tried to sign Puncheon last season but Pardew got a sniff and he was offered a better deal...(which illustrates my point re wages) and the rest is history.[/quote]

That b*stard Pardew seems to be on a mission to destroy us. Trying to finish the job.
  • How would you lot of paid for Puncheon anyway?

He is miles over rated anyway.

Nothing about Bailey down this way, I wouldn't trust The Pink as it is made by the Daily Echo which has a very poor relationship with the club.
  • [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]How would you lot of paid for Puncheon anyway?

He is miles over rated anyway.

Nothing about Bailey down this way, I wouldn't trust The Pink as it is made by the Daily Echo which has a very poor relationship with the club.
    We wouldn't have, we were after him in the summer when he was available for loan. Then he went to MK Dons instead.
  • Nicky Forster has gone to Brentford on a 2 year deal. Really didn't rate him anywhere near as highly as some people on here.
  • [cite]Posted By: hudson-son-son[/cite]Nicky Forster has gone to Brentford on a 2 year deal. Really didn't rate him anywhere near as highly as some people on here.

Same here. Too slow.
  • [cite]Posted By: hudson-son-son[/cite]Nicky Forster has gone to Brentford on a 2 year deal. Really didn't rate him anywhere near as highly as some people on here.

yeah, his goalscoring record was pants compared to the prolific Mooney and Sodje.
  • read that Llanna at Saints has been linked with Wolves, could mean Pardew will want to replace him with Bailey.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!