Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]That he would rather stay in league 1 for more money than move to a chumpionship team

but hes off to boro so i was wrong or was i ??

I don't think it would be as simple as to say that Bailey is being greedy if he signed for saints over Boro as given the choice I think I'd rather stay down south with a club that is unfortunately on the rise. Personally I don't care where he goes as long as we make as much as possible.
  • please stop slagging off bailey or YOU WILL BE WHISPERED
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]please stop slagging off bailey or YOU WILL BE WHISPERED

Lol! I wonder who by?

Could be worse, I could slag of Shelvey. :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]please stop slagging off bailey or YOU WILL BE WHISPERED

Lol! I wonder who by?

Dont you dare ;-)
  • edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]please stop slagging off bailey or YOU WILL BE WHISPERED

Lol! I wonder who by?

Dont you dare ;-)

As of mate! I love the fact that your looking over the fixtures deciding what you can and can't make. Once you've got the bug you can't help it. Must be something about meeting NLS and NSS.
  • see plaayer I know you feel the same about me as well, still waiting for the WHISPER lol
  • I'm looking forward to quite a few games next year. By the way it was NLA not that tosser NSS lol
  • it's amazing what a bit of hospitality does.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]it's amazing what a bit of hospitality does.

hahaha
  • if only i'd offered you a hot dog
  • Sponsored links:

• Ahhh your my favourite really Steve
  • Get a room you two!!
  • i hear you recommend the anti
  • Once you've been Southend away your proper Charlton, hey Uncle!
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Once you've been Southend away your proper Charlton, hey Uncle!

Love Southend away hahaha
  • http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/argusgeneralsportsnews/8228468.Rebels_ace_gets_Charlton_trial/?

Matt Whitehead an 18 year old Worthing left back on trial for a week apparently. So perhaps one that might play v AFC Wimbledon or Welling? We had a lot of trialists last summer.
  • News from Sky Sports from Saturday night of one of our African 'stars'. It appears he left us some time ago.

Premier League new boys West Brom are reported to be tracking Arles Avignon centre-half Bakary Soro.

The 24-year-old has been in eye-catching form for the French outfit of late, helping them secure promotion into Ligue 1.

His performances at club level were not enough to force him into Sven Goran Eriksson's Ivory Coast squad for the 2010 World Cup, but numerous other coaches have been impressed by his ongoing development.

Among those believed to be readying a summer approach are West Brom, who are in the process of piecing together a squad they hope will be good enough to hold its own among England's elite.

They feel Soro could be a useful addition, despite seeing the African ace fail to secure a work permit the last time he attempted to launch a career in England.

Dream
    He agreed to join Charlton back in 2006 but left The Valley without making an appearance, with bureaucratic issues holding him back.

Soro is confident there would be no such problems this time around, though, and admits he would relish the opportunity to showcase his talents in the Premier League.

"I would love to one day come to the Premier League," he told skysports.com.

"I was in England with Charlton but couldn't play in the league because I could not get a work permit.

"I have since helped Avignon to the top league in France and have done well.

"Unfortunately I could not go to the World Cup, but I am confident of forcing my way into the side for the African Cup of Nations in 2012."

Contacts
    Soro has also revealed that he has alternative options should a move to England fail to materialise, with clubs in Greece and Turkey said to have expressed an interest.

"I have contacts in Europe," he added.

"My agent, who is based in England, is working on the contacts so we will see what happens in the future.

"I have a contract with Arles Avignon for now, so let's wait and see."
  • Was it is 2006 we had Bolanas aswell who was refused a work permit? If only Djimi Traore encountered bureaucratic problems when signing.
  • McSheffrey signs for Coventry City.
  • Just posted on Sky Sports

Skysports.com understands Charlton are closing in on the signing of former Watford forward Will Hoskins.

Hoskins is available on a free transfer after leaving Vicarage Road upon the expiration of his contract earlier this summer.

A number of clubs have been linked with a move for the talented 24-year-old, who has represented England at Under 18, Under 19 and Under 20 level.

Charlton boss Phil Parkinson is keen to bolster his side's attacking options and he is thought to be a big admirer of former Rotherham hit-man Hoskins.

Parkinson is keen to tie up a deal as he looks to build a squad capable of gaining promotion from League One next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Will Hoskins is close to signing for us according to Sky. Good player but had a tough time of late.
  • c'mon , spill the beans........what's his goals to game ratio ?
  • 1 goal every 4.5 games...
  • [cite]Posted By: MickeyBennett[/cite]1 goal every 4.5 games...

Right up our street then!!
  • I hate all this 'close to signing' b0llocks, if he signs, then he signs. If he's only close to signing then that means he's still capable of signing for someone else.
  • just checked out his details via Wikepedia.

scored a fair few for Rotherham when he started out as a 17/18 yr old & then after a couple of seasons get a move to high flying Watford when they were last in the Prem....didn't score that season and didn't get many the following season once relegated to the Championship. Loaned out to Millwall & Forest, where he was eventually sold to for £500,000. Didn't do much there & was re-signed by watford 2 yrs later, where once again he failed.

All in all........pretty pants really !!!!!!
  • hoskins scored 1 in 3 for rotherham and spanners.

Not done it for watford but did join them in the prem.
  • Heres the Wiki entry :

Career
    [edit] Rotherham United
    Hoskins was heralded as a talent when at just 17 he came into the first team fold at Rotherham and made an impact scoring both goals in a 2–1 win at Wigan Athletic in December 2003. However, he had a stop start early career, only making one start under managers Ronnie Moore and subsequently Mick Harford.

Alan Knill took over as manager half way through the 2005–06 season, with the Millers half-way through their first campaign back in League One and saved the club from a second successive relegation. As youth coach Knill brought Hoskins up through the youth ranks at Milmoor and handed 12 further starts that season. Hoskins reciprocated the faith shown in him by being the only one of six out-of-contract players at the end of the 2005-06 season to sign an immediate contract renewal. Knill offered the youngster an initial one year deal, stating that should Will prove himself in the first team, he would be rewarded with a new contract before Christmas.

Hoskins had an excellent 2006–07 pre-season alongside his new strike partner Delroy Facey, notably scoring twice against Scottish Cup finalists Gretna. However, he suffered a slight injury before the first match of the season and Dave Hibbert had to step up to take his place. Hoskins returned to the squad less than a week later, coming on as a second half substitute against Huddersfield Town. The following week he came off the bench to score the winner against Blackpool, securing his place in the starting eleven for the Millers. He was in the team consistently, but never had a regular strike partner due to injuries.

By the end of December he had scored 15 goals in 22 appearances—seven of those in successive away games—making him the third highest scorer in League One.[1] Due to his consistent excellent performances he was awarded the Player of the Month award in October and was valued at an estimated £750,000+ by The Guardian.

[edit] Watford
    After turning down a contract extension, Hoskins signed for Premier League club Watford along with teammate Lee Williamson on 5 January 2007 for a combined fee of £1.2million. He made his debut on 13 January 2007[2] after coming off the bench against Liverpool. He struggled to make an impact at Watford in the 2007-08 campaign, making only three appearances. He did move on loan to League One side Millwall in September 2007, where he made 12 appearances, netting four goals in his spell. He then returned to Watford and after months of speculation, he signed for Nottingham Forest on loan.

On August 12, 2008, Hoskins scored his first goal for Watford, an 88th minute winner against Bristol Rovers in the first round of the Football League Cup 2008-09. On the 24th January 2009, Hoskins scored the third goal in the sixty-seventh minute which led to the 4-3 victory against Crystal Palace in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

[edit] Nottingham Forest
    Hoskins finally completed his transfer to Nottingham Forest on February 8, 2008, joining The Reds on loan for the rest of the season, with Forest having the option of signing Hoskins permanently in the summer for £500,000, if he impresses boss Colin Calderwood. He made his debut in a 2–0 win over Millwall at the City Ground and impressed in his first two games in a Reds shirt, being credited for his liveliness and willingness to work hard.

He endured a frustrating spell on the sidelines with a troublesome back injury, and with Brett Ormerod joining from Preston North End, Hoskins returned to Watford.

[edit] England youth
    Hoskins made an immediate impact when first introduced into the England U-18 squad, setting up the winning goal against Sweden on 29 April 2004.[3] He made his full first team debut for the International U20's side in the 4–0 defeat to Russia on 16 August 2005 in Moscow.
  • http://eurorivals.net/clips/?a=1&videoID=FS4A5sOOVYQ&b=1&c=1&videohometeam=Watford&d=1&videoawayteam=&videoplayername=Will%20Hoskins&videotitle=Will%20Hoskins%20-%20The%20Best%20Of&videodesc=&videosource=players/will-hoskins:watford.html
  • edited June 2010
    If we're going to find a goalscorer on a free, it's surely going to be someone who's maybe not done much recently, but has the potential to score in League One. Don't see how we're going to find anyone with a proven goalscoring record at this level. Iwelumo was never a goalscorer earlier in his career, but ended up a decent Championship striker.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!