Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]This thread has just got plain stupid with folk 'clearly' making up story's to such a ridiculous extent that it's become a total farce.
    Not my shout admin but I think the torpedos should be launched.

Please. Put it out of our misery.
  • and it will be replaced by the truly responsible only really serious rumours thread
  • edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]and it will be replaced by the truly responsible only really serious rumours thread
    So nothing at all from footballrumours.co.uk then!
  • nothing at all full stop.......sigh
  • It would be a shame to sink the thread as it orginally started as a place of hope for us long suffering supporters of having any chance of a decent team next season!

Guys, I think the point has now been proven that any rubbish can be put onto the Rumours site and they will publish it. Genuine stuff only from now on eh! (as genuine as any rumour can be!)

Ipswich Town apparently looking at Bailey as well, but only value him at £500,000.
  • What is a 'genuine' rumour?
  • Funniest one has to be the music based consortium... ha ha ha..

Ginger baker to replace waggy,

Keith richards to replace murray

Reg pressley to replace chappel

And colnel tom parker to replace parky...
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]What is a 'genuine' rumour?

Who knows!

Perhaps we should just ban anything copied from the Rumours site.
  • [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]What is a 'genuine' rumour?

Who knows!

I think people who don't like rumours should stop reading the "Rumours Rumours" thread which is in the category "Rumours". Anything goes I say.
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]What is a 'genuine' rumour?

Who knows!

I think people who don't like rumours should stop reading the "Rumours Rumours" thread which is in the category "Rumours". Anything goes I say.
    Most of them were made up by people on here though to see if they would really be put on the site. Someone on here can go on there, send in Messi and Ronaldo in shock moves to Charlton and it'll be posted on their site, then someone copies it onto here.

It's not a big problem but like Essex said, the point has been proven that anything can be sent in and will be put on that site.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]What is a 'genuine' rumour?

Anything from tribal football or the daily star.
  • I wouldn't want FR banned .

I plead guilty it was me that started the Footie Rumours updates. I have only just returned to the site , I have always seen it as a bit of fun rather than serious and I suspect that the people running it are the same . I noticed that the Henry Irving rumour regarding a Liverppol Youth player was challenged by the editor .

The reason I did it was because the original few rumours looked possible and because it is a nationwide site then we could get a perspective from elsewhere particularly in regard to players who may be available.
  • zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • [cite]Posted By: reserves[/cite]zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Is that our new Polish signing from Walsall?
  • edited June 2010
    I think the made up rumours have been funny and for a bit of light heartedness have no probs with them, leave the thread I say. What else is there to do in the close season and let's be honest 99% of rumours are rubbish wherever they are from (including Sky Sports etc). If people only want fact then they should just read the Official site!
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: reserves[/cite]zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Is that our new Polish signing from Walsall?

No, it's Zheng Zi's Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Grandson.
  • I agree with dabos, everyone now knows what this thread is about so if its not your thing you haven't got to read it. To say it should be banned just because ysome people dont like it is a bit strong. Just read another thread and dont come on here moaning about this one, leave this one to the people who just fancy a laugh and dont always take the world so seriously.
  • edited June 2010
    Problem is that there 'might' be some genuine stuff in there....I myself don't have the time to troll through tonnes of crap to find something that may be of value.
    Not decrying the funny side of it or being a killjoy but just think it's got to the state where it's not really that funny any more and just a bit of a nuisance.
    It's not the case of if you don't like it don't read it....you simply can't avoid reading it if you also want to see some genuine (well shall we say plausible anyway) stuff.
    I think the balance of the 'soppy stuff' has gone too far in that direction.
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Problem is that there 'might' be some genuine stuff in there....I myself don't have the time to troll through tonnes of crap to find something that may be of value.
    Not decrying the funny side of it or being a killjoy but just think it's got to the state where it's not really that funny any more and just a bit of a nuisance.
    It's not the case of if you don't like it don't read it....you simply can't avoid reading it if you also want to see some genuine (well shall we say plausible anyway) stuff.
    I think the balance of the 'soppy stuff' has gone too far in that direction.

Exactly Soundas, good thread that turned into a farce, amusing at first, point proven, now tedious. Time to get back on track now me thinks!
  • Town and Norwich Eyeing Charlton Midfielder

http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid=16570
  • Sponsored links:

• Tom Foolery available on a free - no longer wanted at the valley :(
  • Norwich have already had Two Bids for Bailey turned down apparently.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Norwich have already had Two Bids for Bailey turned down apparently.

Any idea of how much the bids were for?
    I'm expecting a couple of derisory offers of say 250 and 400k before things to start to get a bit more serious.
  • Hard to know how much Bailey is worth, I suppose what someone will pay.
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Hard to know how much Bailey is worth, I suppose what someone will pay.

A goalscoring midfielder, with double figures in his last 3 seasons, who has already proved himself in the championship, i'd be gutted if we accepted anything less than £1m, especially as we have to give some to Southend.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Hard to know how much Bailey is worth, I suppose what someone will pay.

A goalscoring midfielder, with double figures in his last 3 seasons, who has already proved himself in the championship, i'd be gutted if we accepted anything less than £1m, especially as we have to give some to Southend.

I have a feeling you may end up gutted, but hope i'm wrong!
  • Im expecting we'll get 600k-800k for Bailey
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Hard to know how much Bailey is worth, I suppose what someone will pay.

Mart is correct in that he is only worth what another club thinks he is worth.

lambert went for £800k and Cox for £1.5m and both scored 29 goals in league one.

Bailey scores but is a midfielder. £1m would be nice.

Good if we are turning down offers so that means that 1. we're not as desperate as some would make out 2. we are trying to get the best value available.

However despite the regular slagging he got on here and elsewhere I suspect whatever price we get will be seen as too little by some.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Norwich have already had Two Bids for Bailey turned down apparently.

well, the way Norwich play the game these days they will already have agreed terms with Bailey and someday soon Nicky will hand in a transfer request and refuse to play if he isn't allowed to leave. Once again over a barrell we will accept an offer so as not to have an unhappy player on our hands.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Norwich have already had Two Bids for Bailey turned down apparently.

well, the way Norwich play the game these days they will already have agreed terms with Bailey and someday soon Nicky will hand in a transfer request and refuse to play if he isn't allowed to leave. Once again over a barrell we will accept an offer so as not to have an unhappy player on our hands.

like he did at Southend to come to us, speaks volumes of the player
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!