Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• These rumours are terrific...I've not stopped laughing..keep 'em coming :)
  • My Youga one is spreading.....someone else has put it on Football Rumours lol:
    Link

"Arsenal to sell Gael Clichy for £25 million to Real Madrid or Inter Milan (depending on what Maicon does).

Will play Keiran Gibbs there but are looking at getting Kelly Youga (of Charlton Athletic) in as cover.

Youga was Charlton's best player before he suffered a season ending injury before Christmas, is French so will fit in with the rest of the squad, plus has the benefit of being Karim Benzema's best mate, so can encourage him to join the club.

As Arsenal are also looking at Benzema for about £20 million, Arsene thinks that by having a mate there for him when he arrive tips the balance in their favour over his other suitors."

Love how the other one I sent yesterday has now got on there too:
    "Arsenal are giving a trial to former French u–21 captain Yassin Moutaouakil, who was recently released by Charlton Athletic. He is well known by much of the Arsenal squad from the French set up, and although didn't succeed at Charlton, Arsene Wenger has received good character references from Charlton boss Phil Parkinson, and many of his former team–mates."
  • Someone has now posted this :

06 Jun 2010 12:31:47
    Arsenal are giving a trial to former French u–21 captain Yassin Moutaouakil, who was recently released by Charlton Athletic. He is well known by much of the Arsenal squad from the French set up, and although didn't succeed at Charlton, Arsene Wenger has received good character references from Charlton boss Phil Parkinson, and many of his former team–mates.
  • good character? i heard that he was a troublemaker
  • [cite]Posted By: coltsgoalie[/cite]good character? i heard that he was a troublemaker
    Obviously it's a joke, probably someone on here again?
  • [cite]Posted By: coltsgoalie[/cite]good character? i heard that he was a troublemaker

you're getting your French full backs mixed up I think
  • LOL
  • edited June 2010
    http://212.113.133.41/stevenageborofc.com/index_news_det.php?news_id=1884

On Stevenage's OS that Bostwick has been offered an improved contract. They are aware that other clubs higher up are after him. Didn't realise he was out of contract.
  • Did anyone here put this on ?

06 Jun 2010 13:40:12
    Charlton will sign Kyel Reid and Johnnie Jackson.
    Charlton will sell Semedo, Bailey & Youga.
    Paolo Di Canio may come back as a coach.
  • [cite]Posted By: Senpai[/cite]http://212.113.133.41/stevenageborofc.com/index_news_det.php?news_id=1884

On Stevenage's OS that Bostwick has been offered an improved contract. They are aware that other clubs higher up are after him. Didn't realise he was out of contract.
    Makes sense though, doubt we'd be after him if he would cost a fee. Think I read he's 22, won't that mean we'd have to pay compensation?
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't believe I got this through:

'Charlton will lose over half there team due to cost cutting and the Club will hold a Charlton Life open day in an effort to spot local talent'

Do I get a fee for plugging the site??? ;0)
  • edited June 2010
    06 Jun 2010 16:31:52
    Charlton Life member Sean Simmons is running a consortium to take over Charlton with several local buisnesses backing the bid. The consortium is looking to settle all the debts within the club known to be around £30million and get the club back into the Championship.

06 Jun 2010 16:37:22
    Charlton Athletic manager phil parkinson to use the 500k budget handed to him by the board to make a cheeky bid for Danny Butterfield who impressed all Charlton supporters when on loan last year.
    Charlton could lose their star striker Izale Mcleod due to his high value, but parky is reluctant to let the prolifoc goal scorer go on the cheap.

Lol!
  • 06 Jun 2010 16:31:52
    Charlton Life member Sean Simmons is running a consortium to take over Charlton with several local buisnesses backing the bid. The consortium is looking to settle all the debts within the club known to be around £30million and get the club back into the Championship.
  • [cite]Posted By: CafcSteve[/cite]06 Jun 2010 16:31:52

Lol!

Well what can I say, I love the club! ;) ahaha
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Can't believe I got this through:

'Charlton will lose over half there team due to cost cutting and the Club will hold a Charlton Life open day in an effort to spot local talent'

Do I get a fee for plugging the site??? ;0)[/quote]

Next you will be claiming that charlton life badges will be available to all trialists
  • [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Can't believe I got this through:

Do I get a fee for plugging the site??? ;0)

Next you will be claiming that charlton life badges will be available to all trialists

If so can I trail please? ;)
  • 06 Jun 2010 17:38:33
    Kenny Jackett will leave Milwall and become the manager of Fulham after Hodgson leaves for Liverpool. He will take Morrison and Robinson with him. Milwall will sign Chris Dickson.

• 06 Jun 2010 17:07:11
    A quote:
    Charlton could lose their star striker Izale Mcleod due to his high value, but parky is reluctant to let the prolifoc goal scorer go on the cheap.

I wouldn't call him prolific – the man has barely scored a thing for Charlton.
    However, it is likely that they will try to offload him.

Nicky Forster also may be coming in after a loan spell, this would be a free transfer
  • how anyone could take anything on that site as anything approaching fact astounds me
  • Latest thing on football rumours, Another gem!

06 Jun 2010 20:42:32
    Paul McCartney may be the figure head of a consortium looking to buy League 1 sleeping giants Charlton Athletic, he has followed the clubs fortunes since the hard core Addicks fans modified his #1 hit Mull of Kintyre. McCartney 67 feels now the time is right to invest some of his sizeable fortune in a football club and sees Charlton as a good investment given that unlike Crystal Palace they OWN their own stadium and training facillities as well as an academy that actually produces quality players. They also have a larger support than Palace and local rivals Millwall despite being a division below.
    Any investment would put question marks over the future of manager Phil Parkinson.
  • Sponsored links:

• They're going to stop allowing Charlton rumours on there soon...that Macca one is a corker btw!
  • [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]how anyone could take anything on that site as anything approaching fact astounds me

i can't believe anyone actually does... maybe a small minority of people who believe anything; most treat it as a laugh.

anyway, more from the land of fantasy...

06 Jun 2010 20:14:31
    – Charlton Athletic –

outs – Nicky Bailey to Norwich (£1.4m), Kelly Youga to Arsenal (£1m), Jose Semendo to WBA (£800k).
    These will fund moves for –
    Charlie Austin (£750k plus Izale McLeod) Adam le Fondre (£600k plus Stuart Fleetwood)
    They will also be offering contracts to Jay McEveley, Sam Togwell, Darren Carter and Michael Bostwick.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]how anyone could take anything on that site as anything approaching fact astounds me[/quote]

i can't believe anyone actually does... maybe a small minority of people who believe anything; most treat it as a laugh.

anyway, more from the land of fantasy...

06 Jun 2010 20:14:31
    – Charlton Athletic –

outs – Nicky Bailey to Norwich (£1.4m), Kelly Youga to Arsenal (£1m), Jose Semendo to WBA (£800k).
    These will fund moves for –
    Charlie Austin (£750k plus Izale McLeod) Adam le Fondre (£600k plus Stuart Fleetwood)
    They will also be offering contracts to Jay McEveley, Sam Togwell, Darren Carter and Michael Bostwick.[/quote]

God I can't wait till end of august!

BTW if there is a Mervyn Day and Zabeel rumour I claim credit
  • one of these rumours will come true but which one ? If it's one mentioning a fee then forget it. Surprised I havn't read yet about Gary Docherty coming to us, in talks I'm led to believe.
  • Not *the* Gary Docherty?

Jesus wept.

Man the lifeboats.
  • 06 Jun 2010 20:02:03
    Wow.
    Milwall are set to complete a stunning treble swoop for Chris Dickson, Izale Mcleod and Stuart Fleetwood.
    Combined total of 5 million. They will also look to sign Matthew Spring, Jimmy Floyd and Simon Jordan.
  • edited June 2010
    I cannot tell a lie, the McCartney one was mine.(I wish!!)You lot seem insistant they will publish anything! I don't disagree with that for one minute- after reading that!! ;o)
  • Gary Docherty would be a decent free signing.
    Only 30-thought he was a lot older than that-and voted in third place by Norwich supporters in 2009/10 season awards.
    Tall centre back who has an eye for goal.
  • Doherty played his part in Norwich going up. Worry would be if Dailly and Llera stay and Sodje goes, we'd have 3 slow centre backs.

Interesting bit on wikipedia about him, didn't realise Lambert was going to let him leave.
    Although Doherty was given the captaincy at the start of the 2009–10 season by Bryan Gunn, new manager Paul Lambert dropped him from the role immediately; and he was told he had no long term future at the club. Due to injuries, Doherty returned to the starting line-up for the 4–0 home victory against Leyton Orient, on 29 September 2009. His recall coincided with an improved defensive record, with the team only conceding a single goal, from a penalty, in the three following games.
  • Docherty is well over the top imho and is similar to Llera in the accidentwaitingtohappen stakes.

Centre half with an eye for a goal?

Centre Half that can defend thanks!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!