Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Cheers Scoham.
  • Another corker from Transfer Rumours:

Nick Bailey of Charlton in extended and lengthy contract talks with Millwall after fee of 800k has been agreed, With Neil Harris going the other way for 300k
  • [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]We're close to signing Brentfords left back/left midfielder Ryan Dickson.

But that is according to our local paper which usually speaks bollocks.

oh i dont think we really care to be fair, if you had said Chris dickson then we would have jumped for joybut a nobody going to you i for one couldnt give 2 hoots!

Brentford fans say hes the Gareth Bale of League One.

What he looks like a monkey?????
  • just read soundas rant about lisbie on the previous page SOUNDAS WHAT LEAGUE WAS HE SHIT IN ? PREMIERSHIP
    MATE, WE AINT THERE NO MORE (Shakes his head again at the crap being posted)
  • edited June 2010
    gareth bale looks like a monkey- lol
  • neil harris to charlton?

*rolling on the floor laughing*

Nice work whoever put that one up!
  • [cite]Posted By: Mr.Mendonca[/cite]neil harris to charlton?

*rolling on the floor laughing*

Nice work whoever put that one up!

it was me

sorry folks just wanted to prove you can right a whole load of cack
  • more from the gospel of football-rumours...

04 Jun 2010 14:58:22
    Charlton are looking into the possibility of signing Frank Wiafe Danquah after he was released by newcastle.
    They are also interested in Jay McEveley, Darren Carter, Jay DeMerit and Josh Magennis.

4 Jun 2010 19:24:37
    Aberdeen FC:
    Sam Sodje – Free, Charlton

04 Jun 2010 22:15:40
    Ade Akinfenwa to Charlton on a Bosman.

the last one is actually possible; as he told skysports he wants to move back to london to be closer to his family.
  • hed be an excellent buy
  • Who is he?
  • Sponsored links:

• northstandsteve...so when someone posts something you don't agree with it's a rant is it?
    Can't belive the utter stupidity sometimes, you haven't a clue mate, not a clue, if you think Lisbie was anything but a disaster for us then you know 'nothing' about football or this club....which I hasten to add I've forgotten more about than you know.
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]northstandsteve...so when someone posts something you don't agree with it's a rant is it?
    Can't belive the utter stupidity sometimes, you haven't a clue mate, not a clue, if you think Lisbie was anything but a disaster for us then you know 'nothing' about football or this club....which I hasten to add I've forgotten more about than you know.

disaster ! Bit OTT IMHO
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]northstandsteve...so when someone posts something you don't agree with it's a rant is it?

disaster ! Bit OTT IMHO
    Errrrrr well go back to the previous page and read his comments regarding myself...that wasn't OTT then?
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]northstandsteve...so when someone posts something you don't agree with it's a rant is it?

disaster ! Bit OTT IMHO
    Errrrrr well go back to the previous page and read his comments regarding myself...that wasn't OTT then?

my comment was purely about Lisbie not about the spat.
  • Disaster is harsh after some of the rubbish we've had up front in the last few years. Millions on Gray, Varney and McLeod was far worse than Lisbie who created chances for himself in the top divison. Lisbie could worry Premier League defenders, those 3 could never have done that.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Disaster is harsh after some of the rubbish we've had up front in the last few years. Millions on Gray, Varney and McLeod was far worse than Lisbie who created chances for himself in the top divison. Lisbie could worry Premier League defenders, those 3 could never have done that.

Well said, Scoham.
  • you cant make any judgment on how kevin lisbie would perform for us in division 3 based on his abilities in the premier league
  • you can't make the blind see
  • edited June 2010
    Shooters....at the very moment Lisbie scored the now famous hatrick for us he was smack bang in the middle of negotiating a new contract....on the back of that performance he somehow managed to become one of our highest earners(in fact it has been suggested he was our highest earner for a short while)....for several seasons as a matter of fact, until some of the big boys we later signed came to the club.
    He earned a small fortune as a result, which in turn cost us a small fortune as a consequence.....by then I'm not sure how many of the 19 goals he scored for us in 10 seasons had already been accounted for. I'll be generous and at a guess say 8 to 10.
    Therefore the mathematics as to how much we paid him for each goal scored from that time until he left us is clearly the disaster to which I was alluding.
    Sorry I misunderstood your comment by the way.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]you can't make the blind see

Or the deaf hear.
  • Sponsored links:

• calm down calm down lol
  • if we sign lisbie and play him on the wing, would 7 goals in the next 5 years (lloyd sams stats) be an adequate return?
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]calm down calm down lol
    Get the white flag out!!
  • You can't judge a player's worth just on that players goalscoring record ....... it's his effectiveness in the team, and his contribution to results that should be judged, surely?

Likewise, you don't judge a goalkeeper purely on the the number of goals conceded. It's a team game and the team performance dictates goals conceded and results.

Otherwise, for example, Dean Kiely must have been rated shocking in each of our end of season collapses.

If Lisbie hadn't contributed and been effective within the team, Curbs wouldn't have kept him and picked him over such a long period.
  • edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]You can't judge a player's worth just on that players goalscoring record ....... it's his effectiveness in the team, and his contribution to results that should be judged, surely?

Likewise, you don't judge a goalkeeper purely on the the number of goals conceded. It's a team game and the team performance dictates goals conceded and results.

Otherwise, for example, Dean Kiely must have been rated shocking in each of our end of season collapses.

If Lisbie hadn't contributed and been effective within the team, Curbs wouldn't have kept him and picked him over such a long period.

Never considered Lisbie to really be there for any other reason than to score...which sadly he rarely did.
    Now Carlo, by way of an example, was a different kettle of fish who led the line.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]
    04 Jun 2010 22:15:40
    Ade Akinfenwa to Charlton on a Bosman.
    Moving away from the lisbie debate thread (that this has become!), This fella (Akinfenwa) was Northampton's top scorer last season with 17 goals. He looks like the big physical type of player, so not sure if we would go for him, being as we already have Akpo!
    I looked up Akinfenwa on wikipedia and it says 'June 4th 2010 Akinfenwa in talks with Division one club Southampton about a move to St Marys if they can agree personal terms'. What a surprise, Pardew moving in on another one we're 'linked' with!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Disaster is harsh after some of the rubbish we've had up front in the last few years. Millions on Gray, Varney and McLeod was far worse than Lisbie who created chances for himself in the top divison. Lisbie could worry Premier League defenders, those 3 could never have done that.

Exactly.
  • 05 Jun 2010 11:04:27
    Julian Gray has agreed a switch to the valley on a bosman

Kevin phillips is in talks with Alan Pardew after rejecting millwall palace and charlton

Chris Powell in talks with the new consortium bidding to take over charlton athletic to be their new manager

Neil Harris has agreed terms with bristol city

Tamer Tuna is to join northampton on season long loan
    More rubbish from the footballrumours site, who posted that?
  • Someone should post Powell to re join charlton as player coach to resolve long standing left back problem,i would but can't work out how
  • I sent in that they would be signing me, unfortuantly they noticed it was bollocks haha
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!