Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    05 Jun 2010 11:04:27
    Julian Gray has agreed a switch to the valley on a bosman

Kevin phillips is in talks with Alan Pardew after rejecting millwall palace and charlton

Chris Powell in talks with the new consortium bidding to take over charlton athletic to be their new manager

Neil Harris has agreed terms with bristol city

Tamer Tuna is to join northampton on season long loan
    More rubbish from the footballrumours site, who posted that?

me that site is a load of bollox
  • Lisbie often flattered to deceive but in the year that he scored the hattrick against Lpool he really seemed to have become the striker/winger that many of us had hoped for. At the time it was rumoured that Di Canio had given him a lot of help. After Lpool game he was badly injured, then he left and has done well elsewhere. I would welcome him back, but only if the fans gave him a chance to prove himself
  • 05 Jun 2010 12:37:34
    Charlton to sign 16 year old budding young striker Daniel Sayer.

Oh dear...
  • My mate who supports Bristol Rovers has said that they're after Lee Holmes but so are other League One clubs. He thought one of them were you lot.

He has been right in the past.
  • Left winger isn't he? We need one after Reid went back to Sheff Utd so that is possible.
  • just a rumour - we need anyone that can beat a full back and cross the ball to one of our players
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Left winger isn't he? We need one after Reid went back to Sheff Utd so that is possible.
    Yep, plays left wing.

He has lacked matches since signing for us, had a decent run in the side when we were in The Championship and done quality but got injured. Last season he played twice I think and didn't look the same player. Which ever club signs him will have a decent enough player if they can get his confidence back.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Lisbie could worry Premier League defenders...

Only in that he might not be playing ;-)

Anyway, the Lisbie things been done to death several 100 times over already and it ain't going to happen anyway IMO for all sorts of reasons so no point everybody getting hot and bothered about it is there chaps. An argument for another day.
  • edited June 2010
    It's a worry for me that we are connected with Ryan Dickson & Jay McEverley, both left backs - does this mean Kelly Youga is being sold to raise funds?
  • [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]The newspapers reckoned Lisbie was our highest paid player on 36k a week.

I don't believe that for one second, not even a third of that. If it's true then somebody needs shooting.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2010
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6192572,00.html

Apparently we are in for Michael Bostwick.
  • [cite]Posted By: Senpai[/cite]http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6192572,00.html

Apparently we are in for Michael Bostick.

Glued on. FACT ;-)
  • Good signing by Orient getting Dawson in from Bury.
  • edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]It's a worry for me that we are connected with Ryan Dickson & Jay McEverley, both left backs - does this mean Kelly Youga is being sold to raise funds?
    Where were we linked with them? If it's that football rumours site it's rubbish 99% of the time.

Ryan Dickson was linked with Southampton, not us wasn't he?
  • [cite]Posted By: Senpai[/cite]http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6192572,00.html

Apparently we are in for Michael Bostwick.

Saw him play for Ebbsfleet a couple of times..was their best player..he played midfield for them but on that report it says he is a defender?
  • Jay McEverley would be a good signing, as i recall he looked good when on-loan a couple of years back, or at least looked like he gave a damn, not always the case with loanees then.
  • More from Transfer Rumours:

05 Jun 2010 16:30:40
    05 Jun 2010 13:39:07
    To the person who posted the following:

05 Jun 2010 08:47:55
    Charlton have offered Bournemouth £200k and Izale McLeod for Brett Pitman and £400k and Stuart Fleetwood for Adam le Fondre.

Charlton have no money to spend they are in mega debt, that's why they have to sell the main assets to just keep the club alive. so they int going to go out and spend money.

I also said that Nicky Bailey is going to Norwich for £1.5m (he is having a medical next week)
    Phil Parkinson agreed to the sale along as the board gives him at least 50% of the fee received (after 20% is given to southend) to use on new players.

believe it or not it's up to you. I'm just passing on something that was told to me by a reliable source.
  • Even if Bailey to Norwich is true, can't see Norwich paying £1.5 mill - when an offer around half of that will probably clinch the deal.
  • More pearls of wisdom:

Charlton Athletic are negotiating with:

Tony Capaldi (free agent left back from Cardiff City)
    Leon Knight (free agent striker from Wycombe)
    Matt Lawrence (free agent defender from Crystal Palace)

Current left back Kelly Youga is currently in negotiations with an unknown Premiership team, believed to be Blackpool or Birmingham City.
  • I have a feeling this came from someone on this board:

Zabeel investments have made another approach to takeover at Charlton Athletic. They've said they are willing to splash ridiculous money to attract premiership players to the league one club. Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed has made it clear that his first target will be Joe Cole – planning to offer him 90k a week, though he understands it is an unrealistic prospect.
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]I have a feeling this came from someone on this board:

Zabeel investments have made another approach to takeover at Charlton Athletic. They've said they are willing to splash ridiculous money to attract premiership players to the league one club. Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed has made it clear that his first target will be Joe Cole – planning to offer him 90k a week, though he understands it is an unrealistic prospect.[/quote]
    PMSL - love it
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]I have a feeling this came from someone on this board:

Zabeel investments have made another approach to takeover at Charlton Athletic. They've said they are willing to splash ridiculous money to attract premiership players to the league one club. Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed has made it clear that his first target will be Joe Cole – planning to offer him 90k a week, though he understands it is an unrealistic prospect.

LOL
  • more from football-bollox... i mean rumours

Youga off to Arsenal!

Arsenal scout Steve Rowley is a relative of mine on my wife's side, and was chatting to him at a family BBQ.
    Kelly Youga ( at Charlton, but got injured around Christmas. He said that provided he gets fit again and plays in pre–season to prove his fitness, Arsenal will be extremely interested again)

05 Jun 2010 22:14:47
    Charlton to sign Will Hoskins and Roy O'Donovan on free transfers

05 Jun 2010 14:01:15
    Tom Taiwo charlton 300k
  • [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite] Youga off to Arsenal!

Arsenal scout Steve Rowley is a relative of mine on my wife's side, and was chatting to him at a family BBQ.
    Kelly Youga ( at Charlton, but got injured around Christmas. He said that provided he gets fit again and plays in pre–season to prove his fitness, Arsenal will be extremely interested again)

Found the sauce

Have you got a link for that on football-rumours? Funny stuff.
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]I have a feeling this came from someone on this board:

That was me :)
  • edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]Youga off to Arsenal!

Found the sauce

Have you got a link for that on football-rumours? Funny stuff.

Yes! I told my housemate to put Youga to Arsenal on there, purely cos he's French. He decided he'd put a load of other players too, in order to give the story 'credibility', and see how many mentions he can get. All the other players were just the last 2 years' worth of winners of best young player for each of the football leagues, apart from Jonjo.

So far it's been mentioned on 3 arsenal forums (with someone even saying that it makes sense because he's french, can be used as an incentive to buy Benzema and then preceding to quote something from here saying he was quality before he got injured), and obv here.

In fairness there's a lot of crap on that site, but I did see that West Ham were signing Hitzlesperger when we sent that in and that was about 3 hours before they confirmed it.
  • [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite] Youga off to Arsenal!

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/F17636221?thread=7547907&show=50]Found the sauce[/url].
    the rest of the above bullsh*t from the 606 forum states:
    He said that he had been asked to scout alot of players from the lower leagues last season because of the new squad rules about having a minimum number of English players and said Arsenal had, at one stage of the season, been particularly interested in:
    Jonjo Shelvey (was at Charlton but now at Liverpool)
    Kelly Youga (also at Charlton, but got injured around Christmas. He said that provided he gets fit again and plays in pre–season to prove his fitness, Arsenal will be extremely interested again)

Isn't Kelly Youga African? Or is he now 'assimilated' after 5 years in English football?
  • Haha allez. Have you got the football-rumours link? When I did a Google search I could only get 606.

Had another look. Found a few Blackpool fans looking to sign Youga. Link
  • edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Haha allez. Have you got the football-rumours link? When I did a Google search I could only get 606.

Had another look. Found a few Blackpool fans looking to sign Youga.Link

football rumours site

do a control-f (as in find) and type charlton in, and it should come up.
  • Funny. I tried that earlier for 'youga' but no luck. Got it now. Thanks

I wonder if many of the other clubs' rumours are just there for a laugh
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!