Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Suprised at that as he's quite serious with a bird at my work. Proper sort.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Suprised at that as he's quite serious with a bird at my work. Proper sort.

Has he told her he's moving abroad?!
  • edited June 2010
    get in there quick and be the shoulder to cry on...
  • 03 Jun 2010 16:29:47
    Charlton News

Out
    Nicky Bailey to Millwall for £500k + Gary Alexander
    Yassin Moutaouakil to Nancy (Free)
    Lloyd Sam – Leeds (Bosman)

In
    John O'Flynn from Barnet – £200k
    Dean Morgan from MK Dons – (Bosman)
    Adam Barrett from Southend – 150k

There will be many more to come.
  • Funny as I spoke to Sam on Monday down at the Valley and he said he's defo staying????
  • [cite]Posted By: eastbourne addick[/cite]03 Jun 2010 16:29:47
    Charlton News

Out
    Nicky Bailey to Millwall for £500k + Gary Alexander
    Yassin Moutaouakil to Nancy (Free)
    Lloyd Sam – Leeds (Bosman)

In
    John O'Flynn from Barnet – £200k
    Dean Morgan from MK Dons – (Bosman)
    Adam Barrett from Southend – 150k

There will be many more to come.

Can see the lloyd sam to leeds happening...
    Gary alexander wont leave millwall
  • I know the budget is still up in the air, but I'd really like us to go all out and try and get Barcham from the Gills. Quality player.
  • [cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]I know the budget is still up in the air, but I'd really like us to go all out and try and get Barcham from the Gills. Quality player.
    The budget only means the wage budget, can't see us spending anything on fees at all.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]The Lisbie debate has been done to death on here, he was rubbish for us, had no confidence in front of goal and only improved (which wasn't hard) when he left for pastures new.
    The vast majority of Charlton fans haven't forgotten how awful he was in front of goal and wouldn't want him back any more than he'd want to come back. I can't see him returning any time soon.[/quote]

which league was he shite in Chris ? The premiership if my memory serves me right . Well me old mucker we are in division 3 now mate,he's better than any forward we have at the club at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]The Lisbie debate has been done to death on here, he was rubbish for us, had no confidence in front of goal and only improved (which wasn't hard) when he left for pastures new.
    The vast majority of Charlton fans haven't forgotten how awful he was in front of goal and wouldn't want him back any more than he'd want to come back. I can't see him returning any time soon.

which league was he shite in Chris ? The premiership if my memory serves me right . Well me old mucker we are in division 3 now mate,he's better than any forward we have at the club at the moment.

Spot on.
  • [cite]Posted By: gilbertfilbert[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]The Lisbie debate has been done to death on here, he was rubbish for us, had no confidence in front of goal and only improved (which wasn't hard) when he left for pastures new.
    The vast majority of Charlton fans haven't forgotten how awful he was in front of goal and wouldn't want him back any more than he'd want to come back. I can't see him returning any time soon.

Spot on.

I disagree - he didn't score many last season and would not add much to the team

never go back - it cuts both ways
  • We could do a lot worse, also he did not score so many last year he was playing for a long ball side who I would imagine do not play to Kevin's strengths. They played on a tiolet of a pitch where Odejayi and Platt got a few so I think if he came to us he would score more and we could have a genuine 15-20 goal a season striker.

He got 17 for Colchester only 2 years ago in the Champ aswell so at League 1 in a side that may play more to his strengths, Kev could be a good signing.

Kev alongside Akpo/Burton also would be a good partnership imho.
  • He probably would do a job but I dont want to pay my hard earned cash watching him again thanks!
  • I doubt he would come here either.
  • Aren't we owed seasons by David Beckham and Ruud van Nistelrooy before they retire though? I remember Dave's interview in a matchday programme long ago, and Ruud - well, he's a Charlton fan...
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]He probably would do a job but I dont want to pay my hard earned cash watching him again thanks!

you'd rather waste it on akpo eusebio
  • Can you imagine a day when the Valley faithfull are singing, "Super, Super Kev, Super Kevin Lisbie".
    Neither can I.

I don't doubt he can hack it at this level, but Kevin and Charlton isn't meant to be.
  • I would have Lisbie back in a heart beat. Always thought he was hard done by by the fans, got in the right positions and had a bit of pace and flair - clearly not a Prem striker but as is said above we are not a Prem team anymore...much better than any striker we have at the moment.
  • [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite] got in the right positions .

And?
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]got in the right positions .[/quote]

And?[/quote]

And in my eyes that alone makes him better than most of the dross we have put up with over the last few years.
  • edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]got in the right positions .

And?

And in my eyes that alone makes him better than most of the dross we have put up with over the last few years.

You're easily impressed, mate ;-)

Seriously, though, I'd agree with you that he is better than what we've had to put up with lately.

I am just very sceptical that a return to Charlton is a good thing.
    If he doesn't score in the first 2/3 games how soon will the moaners/boo boys get on his back?
    Will he have a chip on his shoulder about the treatment by the fans before? If so what effect will it have on his game/attitude?
  • [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]Will he have a chip on his shoulder about the treatment by the fans before?

It's the Charlton boo boys who showed it was they that had a chip on the shoulder.
    They treated opponents better.
  • I can see it now. Super Kev skins the centre half near the halfway line, races off towards goal, leaving 3 defenders floundering in his wake. The skill, the speed, he's in on goal, the crowd are on their feet in eager anticipation, only the keeper to beat ----

What a joy. The pure excitement, the goalmouth action, it's what you pay your money for isn't it??
  • Can't quote but the ending to Queenslands post is Only the Keeper to beat and Lisbie puts it into the North Upper.
  • Can someone kindly post, 'yet again,' Lisbie's stats in an Addicks shirt....they're absolutely appauling....and three of the handfull of goals were in one game...also stack them up against how long he was with us and it makes him possibly the worst striker per games played in ever to play for us(Carlo had a better strike ratio I fancy....and that's saying something).How some folk can say he was never given a chance is mind numbingly ridiculous.
    I also find it utterly amazing how some folk rated him whilst he was with 'us'...........it's just insane.
    I'm not interested how well he did when he left us, I'm intersted in how he did whilst wearing our colours and the truth was/is(and the stats prove it), he was absolute pants....end of!
  • [cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]I know the budget is still up in the air, but I'd really like us to go all out and try and get Barcham from the Gills. Quality player.
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]I know the budget is still up in the air, but I'd really like us to go all out and try and get Barcham from the Gills. Quality player.
    The budget only means the wage budget, can't see us spending anything on fees at all.

Wasn't Barcham on loan from Spurs last season? If so we should defintely try to sign him for the season as well as Obika who is brilliant at this level and just what we need up front.
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: gilbertfilbert[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]

Spot on.

I disagree - he didn't score many last season and would not add much to the team

never go back - it cuts both ways

Lisbie has done well at clubs (Ipswich, Colchester) where there is no pressure or expectations on the team. It would be interesting to see how he would do if he were to return but I can't see him wanting to come back. I also don't believe he is a player who can cope with any amount of pressure, i.e playing for a big club - which we are in this division.
  • More Football Rumours

03 Jun 2010 23:52:35
    *Hibs News*

Hibs are set to sign 7 new players in the summer months!!

Alain Cantareil – LB – Nice – Free Transfer
    Yassin Moutaouakil – RB – Charlton – Free Transfer
    Leigh Griffiths – ATT – Dundee – £350,000
    Yannick Bolasie – RW – Plymouth – Free Transfer
    Jonathan Tuffey – Gk –Partick – Free Transfer
    Murray Davidson – Mid – St JOhnstone – £150,000
    Colin Coates – Def – Crusaders – £100,000

Hopefully we will be able to ditch Yassin ,but probably will need to pay up a large part of his contract.If he goes then we could maybe acquire 2/3 players on League One wages
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]

He may well be capable enough at league one level but him and Charlton do not go together. He would more than likely revert back to the old Lisbie the moment someone in the north stand booed him after his first miss.
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Can someone kindly post, 'yet again,' Lisbie's stats in an Addicks shirt....they're absolutely appauling....and three of the handfull of goals were in one game...also stack them up against how long he was with us and it makes him possibly the worst striker per games played in ever to play for us(Carlo had a better strike ratio I fancy....and that's saying something).How some folk can say he was never given a chance is mind numbingly ridiculous.
    I also find it utterly amazing how some folk rated him whilst he was with 'us'...........it's just insane.
    I'm not interested how well he did when he left us, I'm intersted in how he did whilst wearing our colours and the truth was/is(and the stats prove it), he was absolute pants....end of!

This.
    He scored 19 goals in 10 seasons with us, and 5 of those came in 2 games at home to Liverpool and Spurs.
    He's had 1 good scoring season in his career, 2 seasons ago with Colchester, and he didn't do brilliantly for them in the season just gone. In fact i think he scored less than Bailey did.
    For Ipswich he got 7 goals in 41 games.
    And in loan spells at Gillingham, Derby, Norwich, Reading and QPR he made 24 appearances and scored 6 goals.
    Let's just accept that he simply isn't a very good striker.
  • I liked Lisbies skill but it got to the stage when I never allowed myself to expect him to score when one on one. That way I wasn't disappointed. I would just laugh when he fluffed it. A lot of his goals were actually headers. He is surprisingly good in the air for a comparatively small forward (5ft 10?) Mind you he is better than the likes of Mooney and Akpo, and Forster I think. Would I want him back? Not really. I'd rather we found a new Flash and Killer. Ah now those were the days...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!