Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]We have a chap at Angers (Bakary Soro I think) who IS registered to us but they (the board) doubt if he'll ever get a work permit

Bakary Soro plays for Arles Avignon, who just won promotion to the French first division, amazingly their 4th promotion in 5 years.

Just read that Huddersfield have signed Joey Gudjohnsen from Burnley on a free.

My bad - it's Serge Deble who is at Angers

" A rising new star, a youngster from the fabled Académie de Sol Beni. He previously played for ASEC Mimosas in Cote d'Ivoire, before on 14 July 2008 moving to France side SCO Angers on loan from parent club Charlton Athletic, due to work permit reasons[1].

He won 2010 toulon with Ivory Coast and won the Golden shoe individual award for best player in the tournament.
    "
  • Chris Dagnall has signed for Scunthorpe.
  • I hope the board have completed their budgetary plan by now.

I know it was a long shot to get Dagnall, and there's always the chance he chose Scunthorpe over us anyway, but I'd really like us to get players in early this year - as I'm sure PP would.
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Chris Dagnall has signed for Scunthorpe.

Right. Never mention his name again.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]I hope the board have completed their budgetary plan by now.

I know it was a long shot to get Dagnall, and there's always the chance he chose Scunthorpe over us anyway, but I'd really like us to get players in early this year - as I'm sure PP would.
    http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=18351&headline=Phil%20Parkinson%20keen%20for%20quick%20transfer%20moves

In fact he's already said that himself a week ago.
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Chris Dagnall has signed for Scunthorpe.

Northern lad, only played for Northern clubs and Scunthorpe are in a higher league than us, it's no surprise really.
    That said, i never thought i'd see the day when a player chose the might of Scunthorpe over us!
  • Billy Paynter signed for Leeds. Bad news for Swindon.
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Billy Paynter signed for Leeds. Bad news for Swindon.

Beat me to it! Can't see Swindon competing next season.
  • Shame about Dagnall, could of been just what we needed, especially considering he moved to Scunthorpe on a free as well.
  • [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Shame about Dagnall, could of been just what we needed, especially considering he moved to Scunthorpe on a free as well.

were we able to make him an offer though or are the board still deciding on budgets etc. Seeing as we havn't heard yet if the out of contract players are being offered new terms we can only assume that as yet we are unable to offer terms to anyone else and until we are able to do so we will continue to miss out on out targets. Next, Kevin Kyle.
  • Sponsored links:

• It might just be me but in the games he played against us i thought Billy Paynter was very ordinary. Don't recall him doing much in his career, until this 1 good season which could just be a fluke. If he's Beckfords replacement i think Leeds fans will end up disappointed.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]It might just be me but in the games he played against us i thought Billy Paynter was very ordinary. Don't recall him doing much in his career, until this 1 good season which could just be a fluke. If he's Beckfords replacement i think Leeds fans will end up disappointed.

Do you know what Chris, I was thinking pretty much the same, not overly impressed myself. Still if it weakens one of our close rivals for next year, then great!
  • I'm with you CfS, Paynter didn't look that great in the games I saw, although he obviously bagged a good few so must have a bit about him. Austin looks the better prospect at current, although he'll be a marked man next year so will be interesting to see how he gets on in that 'tricky second season'.
  • I hope we are not stalling on board budget descisions whilst all these players slip past, still think we should take a gamble on somebody like James Constable at Oxford, 3rd time lucky after Dickson and Fleetwood.
  • Football Rumours again . Most seem unlikely Kyle also linked with Swansea

02 Jun 2010 15:35:27
    Charlton Athletic FC:
    No money for any new signings. Any money to be used to sign up our existing quality players such as; Bailey, Elliot, Randolf, Sam Sodje, Lloyd Sam (lol, I joke).

Outs:
    Miguel Llera – Colchester United, £100,000
    Izale McLeod – Sc**thorpe United, £450,000
    Stuart Fleetwood – Notts County, £150,000
    Yassin Moutaoakil – SM Caen, mutual consent (released from contract)
    Lloyd Sam – QPR, Free

In:
    Akpo Sodje – Free (done deal)
    Nicky Forster – Free, Brighton
    Ryan Dickson – Free, Brentford
    Warren Feeney – Free, Cardiff
    Jon Fortune – Free, Sheffield United
    Liam Chilvers + Chris Sedgwick – both free, Preston
    Ben Burgess – Free, Blackpool
    Gary McSheffrey – Free, Birmingham
    Charlie Tunnard – Free, Sheffield Wednesday
    Johnnie Jackson – Loan, Notts County
    Kyel Reid – Loan, Sheffield United

Signing new contracts:
    Kelly Youga, Sam Sodje, Deon Burton, Grant Basey, Darren Randolf, Christian Dailly.
  • [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Football Rumours again . Most seem unlikely Kyle also linked with Swansea

Charlton Athletic FC:
    No money for any new signings. Any money to be used to sign up our existing quality players such as; Bailey, Elliot, Randolf, Sam Sodje, Lloyd Sam (lol, I joke).

Outs:
    Lloyd Sam – QPR, Free

In:

Signing new contracts:
    Kelly Youga, Sam Sodje, Deon Burton, Grant Basey, Darren Randolf, Christian Dailly.

pretty much spot on other than the incoming fees being a bit optimistic and most of the signings being either/or.

Can't afford all of them but obviously need fall back options/alternatives.
  • [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Football Rumours again . Most seem unlikely Kyle also linked with Swansea

Charlton Athletic FC:

Outs:
    Lloyd Sam – QPR, Free

In:

Signing new contracts:

Although most of these rumours are surely completely made up, some of them are quite obscure. Who exactly is Charlie Tunnard and why would anyone go to the trouble of linking him to us?!

Also Llera to Colchester for 100k? After his performance there last season there's no way they'd be signing him!
  • That's rubbish, no way we've arranged around 10 new signings already. Interested in some of them, possibly.
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Shame about Dagnall, could of been just what we needed, especially considering he moved to Scunthorpe on a free as well.

were we able to make him an offer though or are the board still deciding on budgets etc. Seeing as we havn't heard yet if the out of contract players are being offered new terms we can only assume that as yet we are unable to offer terms to anyone else and until we are able to do so we will continue to miss out on out targets. Next, Kevin Kyle.
    Possible, reality is perhaps Scunthorpe can offer bigger wages than us, and of course, football at a higher level.
  • I think some on Football Rumours make jokes like that knowing Llera had a mare at Colchester.

There was one rumour that Kandol was joining Norwich because he impressed at Carrow Road . You may remember he was sent off a minute after coming on. David Livermore has been linked with a move from Barnet to Leeds. Four years ago he joined Leeds from Millwall only to be sold on a month later to Hull .

I really think its all a bit of fun , not to be taken too seriously.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Possible, reality is perhaps Scunthorpe can offer bigger wages than us, and of course, football at a higher level.

Which, on both counts, is exactly what an ambitious Fourth Division footballer is looking for!
  • Sponsored links:

• Another great post on Football Rumours,

Charlton Athletic lining up the following freebies:–
    Lee Bowyer, Darren Purse & Hayden Mullins

Also they are offering new long term contracts with small pay rises to crucial players; Yassin Moutakil, Izale Mcloud, Chris Dickson & Fleetwood.
  • I hate this football rumours website, may as well get a list of every ageing or lower league player who is available on a free, stick all of them in a hat and pull out some names and then post on the site.
  • That's why I take FR with two bottles of Salt, but think it is fun.

I noticed that Liam Chilvers played under Parky at Colchester so that one is plausible.
  • Clinton Morrison apparently set to be released by Coventry, worth a punt?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: J BLOCK[/cite]Clinton Morrison apparently set to be released by Coventry, worth a punt?[/quote]

We have just got rid of an ex Palace player just released by Cov, actually we could do a lot worse than Morrison. His scoring record is decent in the Champ so at League 1 would be more than adequate especially alongside a target man. Not sure about wages though, suspect he was on a good wage at Cov.
  • [cite]Posted By: matty7391[/cite]

Also they are offering new long term contracts with small pay rises to crucial players; Yassin Moutakil, Izale Mcloud, Chris Dickson & Fleetwood.

crucial? they meant crap obviously; besides dickson's already been released.
  • Ben Burgess is good.
  • [cite]Posted By: matty7391[/cite]Another great post on Football Rumours,

Charlton Athletic lining up the following freebies:–
    Lee Bowyer, Darren Purse & Hayden Mullins

I'm pretty sure I joked we'd be linked with Purse last week!

Clinton O'morrison reminds me too much of McKenzie - no thanks
  • http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/sport/8198278.ORIENT__Tam_is_target_says_Millwall_boss/

Seems like Millwall are in for Mkandawire. However, he may have to be backup to Robinson and Ward. Millwall have plenty of defenders so he might not want to go there and compete for a place.
  • [cite]Posted By: Senpai[/cite]http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/sport/8198278.ORIENT__Tam_is_target_says_Millwall_boss/

Seems like Millwall are in for Mkandawire. However, he may have to be backup to Robinson and Ward. Millwall have plenty of defenders so he might not want to go there and compete for a place.
    Hopefully, but I'd imagine a lot of players just don't see it like, they'll take the risk and fight for a place
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!