Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• its so bad you said it twice.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]I think that entire site is 13 year old kids who somehow believe everything that happens whilst they're playing champ manager will magically come to life. The same people who post on forums about TV shows asking why certain characters performed a specific action. The line between fantasy and reality is just as blurred to small children as it ever was - only now they have grown men following what they say and giving it credence :o)

This is bang on. The same people who can literally post anything on sites like this and fans fc- and it gets published! I once said on there that the recently reanimated John reginald Halliday Christie 1940/50's serial killer was about to sign for us during the close season- and it was published. No editorial control crap sites with no credibility whatsoever.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Kandol ? Please God no. Sodje and Kandol up front, can you imagine it. We'd be lucky to escape relegation.
    What if it was a choice between Kandol and Mooney?
  • edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Baseys recovery seems to be going ok - he played 18 holes last week in the group behind me so he's fit and walking

Never the paciest player, so back to his full speed, then.....?

;o)
    Leave my hero alone ;o)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Kandol ? Please God no. Sodje and Kandol up front, can you imagine it. We'd be lucky to escape relegation.[/quote]
    What if it was a choice between Kandol and Mooney?[/quote]

Mooney all day long
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Kandol ? Please God no. Sodje and Kandol up front, can you imagine it. We'd be lucky to escape relegation.[/quote]
    What if it was a choice between Kandol and Mooney?[/quote]

Mooney all day long[/quote]

Me too and Basey for central midfield enforcer, a la darren pitcher
  • Please everyone stop reading football rumours.

It's full of people making stuff up and emailing it in...
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Please everyone stop reading football rumours.

It's full of people making stuff up and emailing it in...[/quote]

Surely thats the point, its just fun
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Kandol ? Please God no. Sodje and Kandol up front, can you imagine it. We'd be lucky to escape relegation.

and that's a choice is it ? I'd hate to say it but a straight choice between the two and it'll have to be Mooney. Which just goes to show how shite Kandol is.
  • Mooney over Kandol, Mooney showed v Swindon he has ability and quality. Still not a fan but if he could work on strength then he would be a decent players at League1/maybe Champ level. One thing that was very noticeable with Mooney, when he is in the team he does get chances (albeit not always taking them) and create for others whereas Kandol was utter pony.
  • Sponsored links:

• Mooney put 110% in for the shirt and the cause!
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Kandol ? Please God no. Sodje and Kandol up front, can you imagine it. We'd be lucky to escape relegation.

and that's a choice is it ? I'd hate to say it but a straight choice between the two and it'll have to be Mooney. Which just goes to show how shite Kandol is.
    Let's hope it's a choice Parky never has to make. Kandol and Akpo would be awful to watch.
  • According to Addicks Championship Diary , Brest are interested in Moo2 and Caen want Youga.
  • [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]According to Addicks Championship Diary , Brest are interested in Moo2 and Caen want Youga.
    Brest? Caen?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]According to Addicks Championship Diary , Brest are interested in Moo2 and Caen want Youga.[/quote]

I'm interested in brest
  • [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]According to Addicks Championship Diary , Brest are interested in Moo2 and Caen want Youga.

I'm interested in brest
    Damn you - beat me to it. I'm also interested in Caens... (OK, it's not as good)
  • Well Moo2 is a bit of a tit.
    (too obvious?)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: cafc-4-life[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]According to Addicks Championship Diary , Brest are interested in Moo2 and Caen want Youga.[/quote]
    Brest? Caen?[/quote]

French teams hovering around the upper echelons of the French 2nd division, which, considering moo2 barely exists in any form atm, are more than likely destinations for him (plus is it likely that anyone is sad enough to make up a rumour so obscure).
  • From my barber paul at andrews in charlton

"The ceo was here in here on Friday morning, they were having a massive meeting with all directors and parky to discuss the action plan for next season budgets. Backup plans etc" Paul.

"That will be waggy, not a real popular figure with fans at the mo" Me

"Yeah, paddy powell get his haircut here too and he told me that is no peter varney, varney would turn up 8am on a matchday, this needs doing that needs doing, everything from the quality of paper in the bogs to transfer discussion, where as waggy rocks up about miday and bumbles around" Paul

"Sounds about right, plus he's on 250k a year ;-)" Me.

"Blimey.. paddy said he needs to toughen up abit make more desicions he's a bit soft when it comes to running the day to day parts of the club) Paul

"Some people have suggested that of late even over the ticket office how its been a bit of a mess of late"Me

"Paddy said expect at least 4 or 5 youth players in the starting line up next season, and palace here could be a real possibilty next season as we just couldn't turn down the revenue it would bring which we need" Paul

"Paul, I asked for a short back and sides not a purple mohawk!!" Me.

"That's 8 quid" Paul.

Last 2 quotes false rest just word of mouth but comming from paddy and waggy was interesting.
  • Interesting, really hope we don't have 4/5 youth players regularly starting, will be in trouble if we do.
  • Sponsored links:

• We're in deep trouble next season if we have to start Tuna/Mambo etc next season...
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]We're in deep trouble next season if we have to start Tuna/Mambo etc next season...
    These lads need to get occasional game experience if they are to progress.

But there'll be a handful of choice 'out of contract' players brought in soon, I'm sure.
  • Soon? Not sure, took a while last year, right up the deadline in fact. I won't be surprised if we see several trialists feature in preseason just like last year. Obviously the aim is to get them all in as soon as possible, but I can't see it going that well.
  • Hi Scoham .......... I said "soon" on the basis of Parky's recent comments on the OS, where he said something like that he didn't want to be scrabbling around at the last minute for left over players - he was meeting the Board shortly to get budgets sorted out, and had already approached suitable 'out of contract' prospective signings.

Even so, 'out of contract' players are not at the end of their contracts until 30th June, so it tends to be early July before these signings are officially announced.
  • Brest and Caen have both been promoted to the french first division
  • Leeds posters on Footie rumours have repreated the Kandol rumour but also said Colchester were interested .

I think the Brest and Caen rumours are plausable as is the obscure Spanish team that Llera is linked to.As others have said they seem too random to be inaccurate. I think there will be 5/6 youth players if Elliot , Randolph , Solly , Basey , Sam and Tuna are included.

Last year I felt our squad was not well balanced

What do we need ?

A new keeper only if Randolph goes.
    A Centre back maybe three if Llera and Sodje go
    A Left back if Youga goes
    Left sided presence in the mid field to replace Shelvey and Spring ( hopefully Johnnie Jackson)
    More Central Midfield players if any from Bailey , Racon or Semedo go.
    Strikers ? Akpo is the only one for next season so far
  • [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]I think the Brest and Caen rumours are plausable as is the obscure Spanish team that Llera is linked to.As others have said they seem too random to be inaccurate.

Time for me to send an email to the website saying Semedo is going to sign for Vitoria de Setubal.
  • The Sun says that Milwall are after Charlie Austin for 500k. Leeds are after Billy Paynter on a free transfer as well.
    Swindon could struggle to replace them both!
  • Swindon won't be able to replace them.

The only reason Swindon finished so highly was because them two scored goals for fun this season
  • I hope dear old Paddy doesnt get into trouble for being so loose lipped in a local barber.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!