Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• If and if that's a bloody big if, bournemouth get bought will be a bloody kick in the teeth and show just how bad things are here. Other clubs are being bought some looking good ala brighton and of course there's notts county no so good. How could the mighty bourbemouth be abetter than a former premiere league london club just itching to be reborn.

Rummour wise, from a friend who knows a senior board member starting line up v bournemoth is;

Elliot
    Richardson
    Basey
    Dailly
    Seeking new player
    Wagstaff
    Seeking new player
    Semedo
    Racon
    Akpo
    Seeking new player

5 first teamers wanted, a few loans will be looking at a first team squad of around 20 to 25 unlike the 36 to 38 we've had over the last few years, u18's to make up the shortfall.
  • No Llera ?.... he's contracted.
  • edited June 2010
    Basey at CH....NOOOOOO

edit LB - maybe, I guess he'll have to
  • Hopefully Basey will be fully fit, can't see Semedo staying.

Dread to think how weak our bench will be come August 7th.
  • Is Youga not staying?
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Dread to think how weak our bench will be come August 7th.

Don't worry. Paddy Powell can make a new one, while waiting for the grass to grow.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]No Llera ?.... he's contracted.
    And Youga.
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]Basey at CH....NOOOOOO

edit LB - maybe, I guess he'll have to
    What's wrong with Basey at centre back? Could well be his best position this time next year.
  • edited June 2010
    Llera will be suspended for the first game.

Basey said he would like to play CB, has the height and seems to be quite an intelligent player so think he could do well there. Worry about the lack of pace but it is L1 not the prem.

Would like to see Basey given a game at LM but last year when we did not have a recognised LM for half the season, Parky did not see him as an option.
  • personally for me if Basey plays he plays in midfield, don't think I've seen such a lack of pace since me.

hope I'm proved wrong cause I like the guy, but I think he would struggle at CH
  • Surely pace is less of an issue at centre back than left midfield? Not like Basey has quick feet either.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Would like to see Basey given a game at LM but last year when we did not have a recognised LM for half the season, Parky did not see him as an option.

But he has seen him play there enough times in the Championship.
    Did particularly well against Coventry.
  • I would not like to see Basey play CH. I've seen milk turn quicker. With his decent left foot and lack of mobility, he could play holding midfield or perhaps as an old school style sweeper.
  • Maybe the 'new' Semedo ....?
  • He's not been put at centre half in that rumoured team though... At any rate I'd prefer him in the midfield.
  • Basey's lack of pace is massivley overstated imo. He's amoungst the slower players at the club, but only slow in the sense that a genuinely quick player will skin him - average pace players aren't going to go past him like he's not there. You need to look at Llera for that kind of slowness.

I hope Basey does get more game time next year, he seems another one with a decent head on his shoulders. Give me a slow but considered player over a fast, headless chicken any day of the week.
  • Everyone goes on about Basey's lack of pace - it really is overdone on here.

He is miles quicker than Llera and has a better football brain not to mention barks out orders like a trooper
  • Is Youga still injured ?
  • I'd like to see Basey in central midfield. He could be our Pirlo!
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Everyone goes on about Basey's lack of pace - it really is overdone on here.

He is miles quicker than Llera and has a better football brain not to mention barks out orders like a trooper

not sure I agree, also llera isn't a full back
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Everyone goes on about Basey's lack of pace - it really is overdone on here.

He's alright when he gets goin but like i say he finds it difficult to turn.
  • Sponsored links:

• I am definitely not anti-Basey, and reckon he could be one of a handful of players who actually has a bit of quality on the ball next season.

However, he gets skinned too easily due to his lack of pace, and can therefore be a bit of a liability when played at right-back.
  • was you at gillingham away then mickey?
  • We've had a "Randolph is staying" and a "Sam is staying" thread, and it looks like they might be leaving. Maybe we need a "Fleetwood and McLeod are staying" thread.
  • Basey will eventually nail down a place in centre midfield imo.
  • Nice one Scoham! Good idea
  • Yes I was Nolly.

Basey's lack of pace was exposed on several occasions in that game.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Basey will eventually nail down a place in centre midfield imo.

I agree, still think Gareth Barry should be the player he tries to model himself on (performance vs Germany aside!).

I also think his best position for us next season would be as a left midfielder with a quick overlapping fullback (ideally Youga) behind him and an out and out winger on the right. He'd be defensively sound, would improve out set pieces ten fold and he's got good cross or two in that left boot of his.

I like him as a player and rate him and Solly highest of the young players that have been around the first team recently. I do worry if Wagstaff is going to start the season as first choice - I don't want to write the lad off but I've not seen much from him to say he's ready for a regular start yet.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Basey will eventually nail down a place in centre midfield imo.[/quote]

I think he could be a Darren Pitcher, when we liked him.
  • lets hope so,hazy times ahead for the addicks!!!
  • When Basey played on the left of mid against Cov in 2008, I know we did not have a lot to play for, but Basey and Youga looked very decent as a partnership down the left hand side. Basey would add balance and excellent set piece delivery. Also after such a bad injury, maybe a spell on the left of midfield could be abit more forgiving than at Left Back where a rusty Basey (who already is not the quickest) could be very exposed. Even at places like Wycombe and Stockport last season, there were times when Basey looked vulnerable as there was no one in front of him to help out in the same way that Lloyd Sam did with Richardson.

Not sure about Basey in the centre, was not at Forest in 08 where I believe he played in the holding role.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!