Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]Shaun Bartlett has been released.

Im sure at 37 he could still do a good job, better than some of the strikers we currently have

was at the valley last season nicr guy but a fair bit older and looked a lot heavier

loved the fella
  • Shaun Bartlett was another player Dowie should never have let go.

Much maligned by some on here who couldn't understand why Curbs saw his value, when they couldn't.

Didn't Nelson Mandela go to his wedding?
  • Agree Bartlett should never have been let go, although not sure if it was Dowies decsion or he had already been released.

In Jan 2007 when D Bent had a knee injury and our only other strikers were Lisbie, M Bent and Hasselbaink. I personally think Bartlett could have done a decent job, certainly would have got more goals than M Bent (who did not score when Darren was injured for 2 months in early 2007)
  • I agree with Stebo, Bartlett struggled towards the end of his career here. I'd say Bothroyd would have been the one to keep being younger.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]M Bent (who did not score when Darren was injured for 2 months in early 2007)

Ah, the days of the Bent Bros.

We even saw them Bent double .... when they both scored in the same match at Man City.
  • That game at Man City, seem to remember the legend that is Kish with a peach of a cross for the M Bent goal.
  • Yep, we've seen it all in the last few seasons:

1) Darren Bent sold and replaced by Luke Varney
    2) Luke Varney sold and replaced by Deon Burton
    3) Deon Burton allowed to leave and replaced by Akpo

Such is the reverse evolution of an ex-Prem club in just 3 years.
  • Would that be devolution or regression?
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Yep, we've seen it all in the last few seasons:

We even replace our injury prone strikers.

Lisbie was replaced by Todorov
    Todorov was replaced by McKenzie
  • LOL, Scoham!
    So who will we sign next month that won't even kick a ball all season .....?

You know that player is out there.
    And you know that he's our signing waiting to happen ....(!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Is Darren Anderton available to come out of retirement?
  • http://www.nottscounty-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/burton_agent_confirms_notts_offer_534328/index.shtml

Apparently Burton's agent has confirmed Notts County have offered him a contract.
  • He also ....."revealed that Burton is not averse to extending his deal at The Valley....... "
  • Get Pauloout of retirement!
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Yep, we've seen it all in the last few seasons:

Excellent post, says more than any rambling diatribe on the same subject ever could. Concise, crisp and to the (depressing) point. Just who did break that mirror in 2006? Bad times.
  • from Footie Rumours :

30 Jun 2010 22:23:38
    *Charlton Athletic*

saw a tall ginger lad being show around the valley, looked a bit like prince harry. when i told my mate about it, he said it was probably Matt Harrold, former wycombe player. having googled him, i'm pretty sure it was.

Also, a post was saying Jonjo Shelvey to Southampton on a 6 month loan.
  • Dean lewington.... ginger
    Matt harold.... ginger

Parky loves a ginge, C.Evans and M.Huckall to be signed by Sunday.
  • Harold was suggested by someone on here wasn't he?

With Shelvey you'd think Hodgson would want a bit of time with the squad to get to know them before sending players on loan.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]With Shelvey you'd think Hodgson would want a bit of time with the squad to get to know them before sending players on loan.

perhaps, with the Liverpool connection and that, they may loan him out to a team near to his family and friends

; )
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]With Shelvey you'd think Hodgson would want a bit of time with the squad to get to know them before sending players on loan.[/quote]

perhaps, with the Liverpool connection and that, they may loan him out to a team near to his family and friends

; )[/quote]

Dagenham & Redbridge it is then.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]from Footie Rumours :

30 Jun 2010 22:23:38
    *Charlton Athletic*

saw a tall ginger lad being show around the valley, looked a bit like prince harry. when i told my mate about it, he said it was probably Matt Harrold, former wycombe player. having googled him, i'm pretty sure it was.

Also, a post was saying Jonjo Shelvey to Southampton on a 6 month loan.

It could be that Nicky Bailey bloke, Ive heard we want him off boro
  • Bailey was a ginger uglier wayne rooney lookalike, tall ginger player...Dave kitson??? Would be good but bloody doubt it.
  • Without wishing to sound negative about a potential new Charlton player, Matt Harold scored just 17 times for Wycombe in 74 games. If, as Breaker alluded to, the main priority is to find a goalscoring striker this summer then surely MH won't be the only forward we bring in??
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Without wishing to sound negative about a potential new Charlton player, Matt Harold scored just 17 times for Wycombe in 74 games. If, as Breaker alluded to, the main priority is to find a goalscoring striker this summer then surely MH won't be the only forward we bring in??

But then again Andy Hunt was hardly prolific before he joined us, but then again I thought the same
  • Andy hunt got 67 in 192 for west brom then got 35 in 83 for us.
  • Kishishev trialing for Brighton
  • what is with us and strikers who score very little.
  • im sure a nice bloke though etc etc
  • It was only on football rumours, so not to be taken too seriously.

We might have to find someone we can turn into a goalscorer. Iwelumo never scored much until he was at Colchester. Might be a young striker out there released from a Prem club.
  • Then again if he gets into low double figures and we can unearth a prolific gem then all is well
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!