Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Time to form the Charlton Life shadow first team XI in the event of being short of a full squad!!

I suppose that we could provide our own shirts as well! Although if there are a few XXXXXL hanging around they could come in handy.

Nice one !!
  • According to the Carlisle local press, Charlton are competing with Carlisle for the signature of Northern Irish striker Warren Feeney.

I know we've been linked in the past but remember people saying he was injury prone.
  • Injury prone and gash...
  • According to the Carlisle local press, Charlton are competing with Carlisle for the signature of Northern Irish striker Warren Feeney.

I know we've been linked in the past but remember people saying he was injury prone.

With those ' qualities' he could be an ideal replacement for...... Cory Gibbs
  • It's interesting but Feeney was discussed as far back as Curb's era . I think I would like him to trial/short term deal before commiting.
  • http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11684_6243455,00.html?

Yeovil offer Trundle a contract, us and Swindon interested. Yeovil manager thinks Championship sides will be looking at him as well.
  • Really hope we do not go for Feeney, even though we are clearly in dark times the signing of Feeney would be very underwelming for the season ahead.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11684_6243455,00.html?

Yeovil offer Trundle a contract, us and Swindon interested. Yeovil manager thinks Championship sides will be looking at him as well.

Sign him up!
  • Trundle is a skills player lovely flicks but the wrong side of 30 now, has played in this league and done very well would be a luxury player and doubt parky would go anywhere near a luxury player the state we are in we need hardend battlers.
  • edited July 2010
    Trundle has scored bagfulls in this league, just what we need imho. He may be a bit of a luxury but his record for Wrexham and Swansea (in L1) speaks for itself.
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Would Notts County still want Burton if they have signed Burgess ?[/quote]

you can never have enough strikers (copyright, Mr A Pardew esq)[/quote]
    He better start going by that saying again. We only have two![/quote]

Izale McLeod would be good for you
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Trundle is a skills player lovely flicks but the wrong side of 30 now, has played in this league and done very well would be a luxury player and doubt parky would go anywhere near a luxury player the state we are in we need hardend battlers.
    How do we know he doesn't work hard? Doing tricks doesn't automatically make him a lazy luxury player. Di Canio bu far ou most skillful player in the last 10 years, but he also worked hard.
  • PP has a similar player in Curaton in his Col U side alongside a big forward.

Curaton was well over 30 too.

Doesnt make the rumour true but at least might be a fun player to watch.
  • Cureton is available too :0)
  • The Times today is reporting that Charlton are in talks about signing Kyle Reid.
  • [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]The Times today is reporting that Charlton are in talks about signing Kyle Reid.

Really hope this is true, think Parky will get a lot out of him.
  • we can but hope.
  • Reid would be an excellent signing but surely we would have to pay a fee. They only signed him a year ago and surely their scouts must have seen how well he did on loan.
  • If we sign Kyel Reid I'll be delighted. The boy is class and much better than most wingers at this level.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Reid would be an excellent signing but surely we would have to pay a fee. They only signed him a year ago and surely their scouts must have seen how well he did on loan.
    Half season loan maybe?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Reid would be an excellent signing but surely we would have to pay a fee. They only signed him a year ago and surely their scouts must have seen how well he did on loan.
    Half season loan maybe?

Hope not we need him on a full season loan with no recall if not on a permanent basis
  • Seems to good to be true but Reid would be a huge signing for us.
  • i love reid back, thought was quality, did have a few hot n cold moments but he's a typical winger

very very doubt will be comin back thou, esp after recieving a few rave reviews from us from last season, will go to someone who can afford him, if shef united let him out on loan again then possibly as he played well here last seasn, and slotted in well seemed to enjoy his football back in the civilised south
  • [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Reid would be an excellent signing but surely we would have to pay a fee. They only signed him a year ago and surely their scouts must have seen how well he did on loan.
    Half season loan maybe?

Hope not we need him on a full season loan with no recall if not on a permanent basis
    If we managed to get him for half a season it can be extended. Can hardly complain if we manage to get him until January, could even sign him permanently then.

I suppose we should ideally look for someone that will be here for the whole season though.
  • Right now, beggars can't be choosers. I'd love to see Reid sign permanently, but I'd be happy just to have him here next season, whatever the deal.
  • good stuff from the club if they catch him
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Reid would be an excellent signing but surely we would have to pay a fee. They only signed him a year ago and surely their scouts must have seen how well he did on loan.

The exact quote is 'Charlton Athletic are in talks to sign Kyle Reid, the 22 year old winger who was on loan from Sheffiled United'.

So not clear if the talks are about signing him on another loan or permanently.

It might have something to do with the rumour posted here recently about Sheffield United looking to bring some young players over from Australia this season and wanting to put out on loan to Charlton initially. Maybe in return for taking these players on loan, and paying their wages, Charlton are asking to take Reid on loan for another season.

03 Jul 2010 19:23:56
    Charlton will be offering contracts to the following players:

Liam Chilvers
    Pim Balkestein
    Ritchie Jones
    John O'Flynn

Febian Brandy, Christopher Oldfield, Charlie Tunnard and Matt Harrold are among those that will be offered trials.

The board have also agreed to giving Parkinson enough money to buy Johnnie Jackson & Kyel Reid – both are available for nominal fees.

03 Jul 2010 13:10:48
    Ľubomír Michalík is set to sign for huddersfield or charlton
  • All of the above are possible.

I'd like Chilvers, Balkestein has played at this level for Brentford but would probably mean the end of Llera as he seems to be a left sided centre back. Jones was originally at Man U so hopefully has a point to prove as a cm where we are now short of options . O'Flynn is desperate for a chance at this level after a very productive spell at Barnet.

I suspect we will sign an older or young keeper so I presume Oldfield is the young Liverpool Goalie. Tunnard has been tipped to come here before for some reason. I'd love Jackson and Reid and could see that being a modest fee because both players want moves south as our only bits of the Bailey money for squad improvement.

I still could see us going for Doherty and Feeney so if true that would make me optimistic for at least a play off place.
  • Would love Reid to come back.

Would love to sign Chilvers; he would be quality for us. A lot of PNE fans don't want him to leave...but he has had injury problems.

In fact I think that I'd just like us to sign someone, anyone! (I don't really mean that!) if only because it means that the CL posse won't have to be putting dubbin on their boots in preparation for a possible appearance at the Valley.....
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!