Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]with Richardson, Solly and Dailly covering the RB position, think that would pretty much do for defenders.

If Dailly re-signs, it'd be very unlikely he'd be risked at fullback with his lack of pace.
    It's a good few years since he's covered in that position. He is 37 in October, remember.

He's most effective exactly where he is, as the 2nd ball CB mopping up and organising the defence.
    If he was to play anywhere else, it would most likely be in Semedo's position as holding midfielder.

But in truth, leave him where he is ........at his most effective.

oh yes, totally agree - only mentioned him as a third choice. but you reminded me that semendo has played as rb before, so he would be a better third choice; Dailly then would only be a last restort.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Never seen him play as far as I remember but I'd prefer Balkenstein.

Never seen him play, but you'd prefer him, lol

[cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Can only see us carrying four out and out CH's so Llera, Docherty, Chilvers & hopefully Dailly, plus Balkenstein who can cover there.

Agree with you there, Large........ can't see us carrying more than four CBs.

Sam Sodje seems to be a bit of a crock these days, unfortunately - we may have seen the last of him in a Charlton shirt.
    There's rumours that Llera may be sold. And other rumours that Dailly might sign elsewhere.

Balkenstein? ....... sounds like a small country in central Europe. And even that's only a rumour.

So it's all rumours. At the mo, the only certainty at CB is Doherty.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]oh yes, totally agree - only mentioned him as a third choice. but you reminded me that semendo has played as rb before, so he would be a better third choice; Dailly then would only be a last restort.
    Hope it never comes to needing a third choice. We might just play Jenkinson or Cousins there, depending on the situation.
  • I heard a rumour that we were thinking of cashing in on Docherty. After all he did make the league 1 team of the season, and was part of the team that walked the division. He is only 30 and pobably believes that he is young enough for one last shot at a higher level.
  • If Balkenstein played against us at Brentford then that would be a very good signing imo.
  • from a mate of mine who knows a member of the fans board tells me were trying to sign the following:

*Liam Chilvers
    *Jon Fortune
    *Kyel Reid
    *Johnnie Jackson
    *Lee Trundle

Darius Vassel rejected a contract and now we are renegotiating with him

Alan Mccormack was also on that list

You Never know good times ahead from what i hear what you think?
  • edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: cafcfan123[/cite]from a mate of mine who knows a member of the fans board tells me were trying to sign the following:

*Liam Chilvers
    *Jon Fortune
    *Kyel Reid
    *Johnnie Jackson
    *Lee Trundle

Darius Vassel rejected a contract and now we are renegotiating with him

Alan Mccormack was also on that list
    You Never know good times ahead from what i hear what you think?

What exactly is the fans board?
  • Cafcfan123, Were you Cafc123 on the BBC Message board, The person that used to know the team by Friday??
  • nahh i wernt cafcsteve

and i wrote it wrong i meant to say the fans forum
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcfan123[/cite]nahh i wernt cafcsteve

and i wrote it wrong i meant to say the fans forum

Ok, I have my doubts that Parky would be sharing his transfer targets with Dave Rudd and Co (no offence Dave).
  • Sponsored links:

• well i got it this news from a mate and mcormack deal was correct so you never know
  • A lot of people are saying about some of these players so could be true.
    Not so sure about Darius Vassel though.
  • Nothing surprising really, already been linked with Chilvers and Trundle. Jackson and Reid were on loan here and Fortune is a former Charlton player. Vassell I'm not convinced about, he could get a better move than us in League One surely. Would be a great signing if we somehow got him.
  • Am I the only one on here who really doesn't want to lose Racon? He may not be the most consistent player we have but he's about the only one left who is a cut above in this league (on his day). Blood and guts is all well and good but you still need a few cultured players to make things happen.

The prospect of merely sending him out on loan does not please me at all - if he is going to go surely we need to be getting a fee?
  • I'd like him to stay for those reasons. However if he's on (say) £8k a week (signed a 4 year deal, seen as a potential Prem player) and we can replace him with a player on £2-3k a week I'd understand why.

Like you said in another thread, the reality is all our players are for sale if we get a decent offer. More down to who other clubs might want, rather than who we want to keep or sell.
  • The other unfortunate fact is that we did get £450k for a player who joined on a free last year.

Similarly Racon and Semedo could walk for nothing next year
  • Agree with that Scoh, I'm just surprised how many people seem almost keen to get rid of him. If we get a fee (and a decent one) then I'll be dissappointed to lose him but I'll accept it. If we just send him out on loan, effectively allowing him to leave for free next summer then I won't be so happy.

I still think that, if we play him every week and give him a bit more licence to get forward, he'll be very good in this division. As I've said, it's all well and good signing 20+ goals a season strikers (if we can find one) and flying wingers like Reid is all well and good, but centre midfield is absolutely key - it's where most games are won and lost and I don;t fancy our chances of getting a player of Racon's ability for £2-3K p/w.
  • Darius Vassell rumour is obviously utter bollocks...

if we get everyone else on that list i'd be extremely happy
  • from you know where :

06 Jul 2010 23:04:23
    +++ Charlton Update +++

Charlton are hoping to sign Liam Rosenior and have offered a contract.

Also Bournemouth have accepted an offer from Charlton for Brett Pitman. The offer consists of £300,000 (which could raise to £500,000) plus Izale McLeod. However they are unwilling to let the transfer to go ahead, until they find a short–term replacement for Pitman, while McLeod recovers from surgery.

The Rosenoir bit seems possible. As for Pitman, I doubt we have 300k to offer. McLeod yes as we are trying to offload him. Also why would they want to find a short-term replacement until McLeod is fit. As far as I am aware he is back in training and will be fit for the start of the season. Not a load of old bull as normally on footie rumours but still doesn't add-up.

Have to say that IF losing Richardson for 450k meant signing Pitman for 300k and getting Rosenoir on a free then I'd be fairly okay with that.
  • do anyone think the Pitman transfer plausible ?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]do anyone think the Pitman transfer plausible ?

No
  • I think Rosenoir would be a good signing, remember watching him for Fulham/Reading thinking he was alright and would do well especially at League One level. Someone else will probably be in for him though
  • Surely if we were going to pay a fee for a striker, or any player in fact, we would have last summer.
  • All these players we are meant to be interested in yet we sign 2 players yesterday nobody had talked about.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Surely if we were going to pay a fee for a striker, or any player in fact, we would have last summer.

You mean with the Mark Hudson money?

But last summer was even more uncertain, remember? ....... it was dominated by takeover proposals, the Board were hoping they could sell, and Parky was working only on a day to day basis without a contract.

So nobody was going to authorise spending, if they thought there was a big chance they wouldn't be here.
  • Ritchie Jones has signed for Oldham , Manchester lad moving back home . This shows how random FR is .

Mccormack probably meant we don't need another cm if we sign Jackson . Effectively they replace Bailey and Shelvey in the squad.

If Rosenoir came they would be the second father and son combo ( Leroy played on loan for us at Upton Park) and like others I feel that it would more than make up for Richardson leaving.

Don't know about Pitman
  • Warren Feeney on a 2 year contract should sign before AFC Wimbledon.
  • everyone is agreed that we need a striker capable of scoring 20+ goals. we're not going to get one for free.

we have generated £3.5m in player sales and plus we have reduced wage bill considerably. probably no truth to that Pitman rumour. however if there was, £300k for a young striker who has scored over 20 goals in the last two seasons isn't bad... plus getting mcleod off the wage bill is an added bonus.
    i'm think (hope) the board would allow £300k to be used in a deal such as this.
  • If we are allowed any funds at all for purchasing a player it has to be Simeon Jackson surely
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!