Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Lets hope so, £100k on the right lower league striker could find us the goalscorer we need.
  • Perhaps Parky will end up offering a trial to his old mate Jamie Cureton?

I know he's getting on a bit now, but he scored 30 goals in Parky's Colchester promotion a few years ago.
    Norwich have released him.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Lets hope so, £100k on the right lower league striker could find us the goalscorer we need.

If we do pay a transfer fee, I can only imagine it being spent on a proven goalscorer....... plenty of experienced quality players around in other positions available for the price of a signing on fee.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Perhaps Parky will end up offering a trial to his old mate Jamie Cureton?

I know he's getting on a bit now, but he scored 30 goals in Parky's Colchester promotion a few years ago.
    Norwich have released him.[/quote]

signing for exeter apparently. he's passed it now anyway, he spent most of last season on loan at shrewsbury and in 12 games he didn't score 1.
  • Even in our financial position, it'd be nice if Parky can spend just a slice of the recent transfer money. Must be so frustrating trying to balance everything so finely and yet that's what much of the division's clubs have to do. Problem is, the handful that don't have to are likely to be our main competitors, and with decent management (or Pardew) might well be able to spend us out of the top spots. It's so vital now - £100k well spent on a goal-scorer who goes on to do the business could well help us financially as well as on the pitch. And yet... there are plenty of Fleetwoods out there!
  • Totally agree Paddy.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Perhaps Parky will end up offering a trial to his old mate Jamie Cureton?

Norwich have released him.

signing for exeter apparently. he's passed it now anyway, he spent most of last season on loan at shrewsbury and in 12 games he didn't score 1.

Cheers, Stebo. Didn't realise that Cureton had already signed for Exeter.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Paddy7[/cite]Even in our financial position, it'd be nice if Parky can spend just a slice of the recent transfer money. Must be so frustrating trying to balance everything so finely and yet that's what much of the division's clubs have to do. Problem is, the handful that don't have to are likely to be our main competitors, and with decent management (or Pardew) might well be able to spend us out of the top spots. It's so vital now - £100k well spent on a goal-scorer who goes on to do the business could well help us financially as well as on the pitch. And yet... there are plenty of Fleetwoods out there![/quote]

yeah. i think back when we brought Fleetwood and Dickson we were in position were we could say 'oh well it's only £75-100k - it's worth a punt' now of course £100k isn't an amout we can throw away. i think Parky would be a lot more cautious about who he buys if he is given any money and there will probably be a lot more scouting involved.
  • Not a rumour but seen that Alan Gow has been released from his contract at Plymouth, had a good time at Blackpool 2 seasons ago in the Champ and surprised he is now without a club. Was on verge of going to Wolves not so long ago but injury meant he failed medical I think.

If Esajas does not get a deal, could be worth a look?
  • I believe Alan Gow is heading back to Scotland.
  • Sponsored links:

• Football Rumours :

12 Jul 2010 19:13:11
    Blue Square Premier's Player of the Year, Richard Brodie is due to join Charlton Athletic later this week, in a deal that's potentially worth £200,000 to York City. Charlton's Lewis Perkins will go on loan to York City for 6 months as part of the deal.
  • Football Rumours:

Richard Brodie will sign for Sheffield Wednesday.
  • Wasn't Fleetwood voted conference player of the year when we signed him?
  • edited July 2010
    http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=24762&headline=Millwall
    MILLWALL could sign two players in a matter of days - but might face a fight with local rivals Charlton to sign a third.
    Simon Francis I'd guess.
  • Who's Millwall's right back at the moment?
  • Jack Smith i think.
  • Alan Dunne is Walls right back
  • Ian Brodie of the Lightning Seeds to have trial at Charlton.

Transfer Rumours 13-7-10.
  • .....before signing a contract to include a money spinning concert at The Valley .
  • [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite].....before signing a contract to include a money spinning concert at The Valley .

wouldn't be allowed, couldn't afford the Police bill ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Barnet's O'Flynn is on trial with Bristol City.

Pity I liked the look of him
  • [cite]Posted By: covered end junior[/cite]Football Rumours:

Richard Brodie will sign for Sheffield Wednesday.

seems someone has replied to that....

12 Jul 2010 22:45:56
    Quote ~
    12 Jul 2010 10:41:41
    Sheff Wed will be signing Richard Brodie from York.

Owls Insider

Seeing as Sheff Wed have already signed 3 strikers, Clinton Morrison, Neil Mellor, Paul Heffernan I find it unlikely. He'll be joining Charlton
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]Alan Dunne is Walls right back[/quote]

We'll be signing Clive Dunn
  • No news on Dailly.

Thought he'd be signed up fairly quickly as he was back at the training ground yesterday.
  • me too. Maybe he is in 'budget-land limbo' with Basey.
  • There is no way we would just offer Gow a contract, surely we would offer him a trial and a chance to prove his fitness first.
  • Matt Harold signs for Shrewsbury.

Phew that was a close shave!
  • Gills in talks with Chris Perry.

''he's effin quality''
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]Matt Harold signs for Shrewsbury.

Phew that was a close shave![/quote]

i bet he'll end up being a big favourite at the gay meadow
  • There has been a FR posting saying that Chilvers and Dailly were going to Swindon.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!