Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• edited July 2010
    21 Jul 2010 20:31:14
    Guillem Bauza has turned down the opportunity to sign for Charlton Athletic after recieving a two year offer from Championship side, Bristol City.

i find that unlikely, mainly due to the fact that, at the time that was written, Bauza was in bedford with the rest of the team.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]i find that unlikely, mainly due to the fact that, at the time that was written, Bauza was in bedford with the rest of the team.

Well, Bauza was certainly on the Charlton bench tonight, as unused sub.
  • Not saying I think it will necessarily happen, but if anyone is going to unlock the lost potential of players like Jeffers and Mcleod then it will be Holloway. Some managers of clubs like Blackpool get the best out of honest hardworking players (Curbs/Parky type managers), others get the best out of players, like Jeffers, that have previously lost their way - Holloway has made a career out of that sort of thing.

Some players are beyond redemption of course, I suspect Jeffers has probably reached that point. There may still be time for Mcleod, but I'm happy to let someone else take a chance on him, rather than keep persevering with him ourselves.

Eastwood would be a good bit of business, and would fit with Parky's model of signing only ex Southend players , but not sure I see it happening though.
  • My first ever visit to Football rumours.

Didn't realise they had a "rumours" and a "Dodgy Rumours" section.

This was from the latter

21 Jul 2010 19:40:24
    Charlton are subject to a 20m takeover bid belived to b paul mccartney the x beatle is rumoured to b sniffing the club, and has been seen several times near the ground, other interested parties may include leicester owner milan manderich after a far east bidder wants leicester.on the field pp is an admirer of dj cambpell and andy gow.
  • http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Charlton-transfer-news-Jose-Semedo-set-for-Addicks-exit-article533515.html

Just seen this
  • Worrying but no specific buying clubs mentioned and no quotes from agents.
  • There were a few dodgy rumours him and/or Racon would leave this week. Just hope it's based on rubbish from football rumours and nothing more than that.
  • Hopefully just paper talk, but if it happens it will set my pessimism-o-meter back to critical
  • Not too concerned from that article but if he was to go it would be a crushing blow and totally undermine all the hard work the club has done in the summer market. With the sale of Bailey and JJ, i was really expecting Semedo to stay.
  • lazy writing by the looks of it, no quotes or substance to the article.....picked from a forum I reckon.
  • Sponsored links:

• ....and Richardson
  • true though that he is in the last year of his contract, true that we can't afford to offer him a contract extension of the same terms and true that we'd probably cash in if we received an offer in excess of 500k (or thruppence happenny and a bag of boiled sweets).
  • unfortunately i think It's likely to happen. i don't think we can afford to turn down reasonable bids for any of our players.
  • leroy rosenior would be quality....

Fortune please sign... Id rather jackson in midfiled, so youga please get fit, and SEMEDO PLEASE DONT GO!!!!!!!!
  • It wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if Jose was to go.
  • Half expected Racon to go rather than Semedo but I guess it's about who has offers made.

Still, it just another transfer rumour among thousands of others.
  • Worried by this one. Someone posted earlier in the week that he had heard from a reasonably reliable source that Semedo was going. Pity if turns out to be true.
  • He'll go.And we need to get real...........and bloody hurry up about it.
  • I dont think we ll be signing Leroy.Too old.
  • I know for certain Richard Murray rates Semedo highly, so wouldn't be looking to sell him, unless he got an offer too good to turn down.

I'm sure others have better memories than me ( or can be bothered to search), but I am quietly confident this Mirror journalist James Nursey was responsible for a few made up stories about us last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hate to say it, but this looks like it came either from us or Semedo's agent to try and drum up some interest. Would be devastated if he went. Bad times.
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Hate to say it, but this looks like it came either from us or Semedo's agent to try and drum up some interest.

I thought the same but which? Huge difference depending on who it was.
  • Blimey the time I waste for you guys :-)

As I said above, James Nursey the Mirror journo is the principal one who prints a load of bull about us. I give you this from November 2009. If you search "Mirror" you can come up with loads of his/their bull.

It may be true, but I'd be more concerned if it was in ANY other newspaper.

Cash-strapped Charlton are preparing for a mass player cull in January as their financial woes increase - with star kid Jonjo Shelvey certain to be sold.
    The League One Addicks are desperately seeking a new owner with David Sullivan and the Gold brothers interested if they fail to get West Ham.
    And if Charlton are not rescued this season after dropping out of the top-flight in 2007, then the club could be heading for administration next summer.
    Charlton notified several agents last week to move on big earners like Leon McKenzie, Izale McLeod and Christian Dailly, who pick up around £8,000-a-week
    And England starlet Shelvey, 17, will be the first to be sold with several Premier League clubs like Chelsea and Spurs interested.
    But Charlton’s problems are so serious, they will even listen to offers for some of their talented youngsters in the academy.
    The Addicks hope to raise cash by selling some fledgling stars to the likes of Manchester United, who could then send some of their fringe players to The Valley on loan.
    It is a nightmare prospect for boss Phil Parkinson who has guided Charlton to second in League One.
    And club insiders fear the escalating financial problems could wreck their decent start.
    Sullivan and the Golds are willing to save the club but only if they fail to buy West Ham, who also have major money problems
  • [cite]Posted By: SE23[/cite]From you know where..

22 Jul 2010 12:24:52
    I have it on good authority that Blackpool are in advanced talks with Charlton over the signing of Utility player Jose Semedo. He is in the last year of his contract and is expected to move the premiership new boys for a fee of £250k.

No way for £250k. He's a better payer than Bailey, so even in last year of contract we shouldn't consider anything under £1M+. Would still be cheap at the price for the buyer, while leaving us to fight a relegation battle.
  • http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Charlton-transfer-news-Jose-Semedo-set-for-Addicks-exit-article533515.html

more Jose leaving speculation, doesn't sound too substantial, but obviously we want to keep him.
  • Not for 250 k but also not more than a million IMO. Bailey had goals in his game whereas Jose doesn't. You pay a big premium for goals. Would be worried if a club offered around 500 k Mark.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Not for 250 k but also not more than a million IMO. Bailey had goals in his game whereas Jose doesn't. You pay a big premium for goals. Would be worried if a club offered around 500 k Mark.
    Pretty much what I was thinking.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: SE23[/cite]From you know where..

22 Jul 2010 12:24:52
    I have it on good authority that Blackpool are in advanced talks with Charlton over the signing of Utility player Jose Semedo. He is in the last year of his contract and is expected to move the premiership new boys for a fee of £250k.[/quote]

No way for £250k. He's a better payer than Bailey, so even in last year of contract we shouldn't consider anything under £1M+. Would still be cheap at the price for the buyer, while leaving us to fight a relegation battle.[/quote]

Err get real £1m+ for a guy who cant go past players and cant score no way. He does a very simple and basic job and does it well however anything over £400,000 and we have a good deal imo
  • if we were going to get 500k for him now, then sell (assuming he won't sign a new lower money deal) any less might as well take the hit, and offer him a new deal if we get promoted.
  • I don't like this one at all, very worrying :

22 Jul 2010 12:57:16
    Liverpool are closing in on the signing of Charlton Athletic starlet Jordan Cousins, the England U16 team captain. A source close to the club explained that following Jonjo Shelvey's signing, and the arrival of Roy Hodgson, and the rulings regarding homegrown players means the club will be looking to sign more English youngsters, means that Cousins is an ideal target for Liverpool. Cousins is also a close friend of Jonjo Shelvey, and Liverpool staff were disappointed that Cousins did not appear in the recent U18 friendly between the two clubs as he is already with the Charlton first team. Cousins recently signed a pro contract agreement with Charlton but this is not seen as an issue. The fee is thought to be in the region of 3 million pounds, including appearance clauses, meaning the whole sum wouldn't be paid up front.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!