Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• just notice this...

http://www.hibs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=205757

and this...

http://www.anglocelt.ie/sport/soccer/articles/2010/07/22/3998800-sheridan-receives-late-callup-for-us-trip/

both say we're interested in Cillian Sheridan

seems CSKA Sofia have had a bid of accepted (one site says £200k another says £500k) and they are waiting on his decision.
  • Interesting but I can't see us getting someone we'd have to pay that sort of money for. Maybe we will on a striker though.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]seemed like a real charlton player the way he spoke
    Huh?
  • Down to earth,honest ala Steve brown, chrissy powell no airs and graces and not an ego in sight.
  • cafcbourne - if Semedos job is so easy why is he the best holding midfielder we've had since Parker!!
    Semedo is our most important player IMO. 400k would leave me truly livid

Swisdom he probably is but, he will not score/go past a defender and that is what people pay money for not a spoiler who can only go sideways with his passing. Im afraid he breaks up play and reads the game well but is fairly limited on the ball.
  • As with Richardson, 400k and last year of contract would be too tempting for the Club to turn down.
  • Claude Makelele fetched about £25M in transfer fees over two transfers and Mascherano is being touted around for some hefty figures. Extreme examples I know, but just because he's not a stand out player to fans doesn't mean Jose won't fetch a decent fee if he's the missing piece of a jigsaw some manager somewhere wants to complete his team - you can't have eleven attacking players, even Maradona picked Mascherano for Argentina, despite playing left wingers at right back as well.

The point is, is he worth more than £400K to us? I would say yes, and even given how hard up we are, if we'd have to give half the £400k to Sporting Lisbon then it would make even less sense selling our best player for such a low fee.
  • Semedo is more Keith Jones that Scott Parker....a good player, a breaker up of player and a keep it simple player.....these players don't go for as much as say Bailey, who might have less of an influence on the game but there is always the chance he'll chip in with a goal. I hope Semedo stays, but anything near to 500K and he'll be off.

I also think he is the kind of player we can replace easier than a 12 goal a season midfielder.
  • If we really do have to give Sporting half of any fee, surely we'd only accept a bid of around £800k or more. Will anyone pay that for Semedo? He's not a big name in our team like Bailey was, who was seen as possibly the best box to box player in the league and Championship standard.
  • with only a yr left on his contract, finances as they are, him on highish wages compared to current signings etc can we afford to turn anything down ?
  • Sponsored links:

• "West Ham have dropped their asking price for striker Carlton Cole to £12m.
    Full story: Times "

Can't make my mind up if that's a rumour or a joke?
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]with only a yr left on his contract, finances as they are, him on highish wages compared to current signings etc can we afford to turn anything down ?

Im making a pretty obvious post but I think the club and Jose will have a really difficult decision with this. Its either make or break almost. With the good free transfers we have there is no reason we cant push for a play-off place and if we go up then Jose will probably sign a new contract and the club will be in a much better position. If he stays and we fail to get up, then he will leave on a free and we will be worse off. If he goes now for a fee, then the club will have a few more pounds in the bank but we wont have our best player.
    Plenty to ponder.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]with only a yr left on his contract, finances as they are, him on highish wages compared to current signings etc can we afford to turn anything down ?
    True but hopefully we can. Same would apply to Racon. They must be the only players left on big wages now.
  • What about Youga He might be on a pretty decent wedge too
  • don't get me wrong I love Jose but he's a destroyer and that's it. Players like him are two-a-penny, in fact we have another two in McCormack and Stavrinou. Admitted they are not as good, yet in Stav's case, McCormack may never be, but they are good enough to do that job in League 1. I'd hate to see Jose go but it's a position that is easily covered and needs must. If he had two yrs on his contract my view would be different but he hasn't. Can the Board take the chance of turning down an offer hoping we will go up and if we fail it's money they could have needed.
  • I know what you mean. Not sure they'd let him gonany cheaped than Richardson, but like you say we have replacements already, they're just not as good. Unfortunately that could be enough of a difference between playoffs and mid table or mid table and a real struggle.

At least there's not been any serious speculation, no quotes or clubs names so far. Then again there never was any talk about Richardson.
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]What about Youga He might be on a pretty decent wedge too
    Forgot about him, probably will be yeah.
  • Personally i think Semedo's job is alot harder than people give credit for. He has to be extremely disciplined both not pushing to far forward and also winning his tackles hard but fairly. He does both extremely well and i think would be fairly difficult to replace. His presence can be seen on the pitch and i think he is so important to us.
  • Selling Semedo would be madness. He is the best holding midfielder we've got and have had, as people said, since Parker. Ok he doesn't venture forward, but thats fine by me because he does the job he is supposed to do brilliantly. It would be a huge loss to sell him. especially if that sell on clause is true.
  • Dickson gone to some Cypriot second division team. Ayia Napa, Ayia Napa WHOOOA!
  • I actually don't mind Semedo but feel we will miss Bailey's impact on games far more than a Semedo or Richardson if fees are involved a no brainer to sell for me. Remember Semedo is part of the team that has failed in the last Three seasons, perhaps a clean sweep is required.
  • Sponsored links:

• Semedo is the sort of player we'd notice more when he's not there, unless he's having an outstanding game. Can't see McCormack defending as well as him, being as disciplined, keeping posession as well, and it'd be a big step up for Stavrinou, who doesn't have Semedo's strength neither is he much good in the air.
  • We simply cannot sell Semedo, not only is he my favourite player, but i'll also mean we've lost the best song we have (we've replaced Bailey with Dailly and curly hair!)
  • Selling Semedo will be another backwards step.
  • Exeter City have signed John O'Flynn on a freebie from Barnet.
  • Former Newcastle winger Keith Gillespie has linked up with Notts County for a trial period.
  • and they are set to sign Liam Chilvers today too.
  • I'm sure Parky must have something lined up as the three mentioned could all do a job at this level .

If O'Flynn is going to Exeter then PP couldn't have fancied him . I liked Gillespie and would not have been unhappy had he returned especially at this level. If we sign Fortune then Chilvers is not needed
  • [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]I'm sure Parky must have something lined up as the three mentioned could all do a job at this level .

If O'Flynn is going to Exeter then PP couldn't have fancied him . I liked Gillespie and would not have been unhappy had he returned especially at this level. If we sign Fortune then Chilvers is not needed

Or perhaps Exeter have offered him a better deal?. Aren't they reported to turn a small profit each year or atleast break even?.
  • FR

23 Jul 2010 11:47:06
    Charlton midfielder jose Semedo's proposed move to Blackpool is in doubt after both Celtic and Wolfsberg are now showing interest. Celtic are believed to have tabled an offer of £450k; almost double the Blackpool offer. Semedo has his heart on playing in the Premiership but the lure of European football could tempt the former Portugal u21 international north of the border.
  • [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]FR

23 Jul 2010 11:47:06
    Charlton midfielder jose Semedo's proposed move to Blackpool is in doubt after both Celtic and Wolfsberg are now showing interest. Celtic are believed to have tabled an offer of £450k; almost double the Blackpool offer. Semedo has his heart on playing in the Premiership but the lure of European football could tempt the former Portugal u21 international north of the border.

made up by agent
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!