Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• [quote][cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]well 1.1 million and a player isnt bad if you ask me....

It wil be all about team spirit this year...

If we can do mid table and a bit of a playoff challenge Id be happy....[/quote]

And who else we bring in, if we can get a solid if not spectatcular team with a couple of goal scorers then I think we can challenge, so much depends on the strikers we have in and our ability to make chances.
  • yeah its tough for sure...

its a paradox
  • I think the outcome of our forthcoming campaign is at present on a knife edge. I have been genuinely pleased with the signings so far. Was expecting to lose Sam and Bailey and at the moment I don't think the squad is that much weaker than how we finished last season with the exception of right back and replacing Burton. We have been told we can expect a few more in which is of course exactly what we must have but if I'm honest I wasn't expecting more to leave after the shock of Richardson. Should Semedo and Racon depart then I think pretty much whoever comes in we will be much weaker this season. I am starting to get a little worried that the doom merchants or should that be realises are right and next season could be a bit of a shock.
  • Will people plaese stop loking at FR, I once put on there as a joke that Man City were looking to sign Goncalo Brandao for 10 million and they took it hook line and sinker
  • edited July 2010
    Goncalo Brandao? Another one we missed out on. Not happy. Why didn't we sign him after his loan?
  • I think the Sheridan rumour was made up on here by someone and posted on FR last week.
  • Macott said
    'well 1.1 million and a player isnt bad if you ask me....

It wil be all about team spirit this year...

If we can do mid table and a bit of a playoff challenge Id be happy....'

Many people said exactly the same on here at the beginning of last season, yet still managed to moan their way through the season, despite losing very few at the valley .

If only people would be happy with that but they wont will they.
  • actually the Sheridan rumour first appeared in the Daily Record. Then I think it was the mirror that linked Celtic to Semedo. looks like someone just put two and two together and posted it on there.
    think we all know that 99.999% of football-rumours is made up drivel. then of the 0.001% that does turn out to be right, 75% of those are lucky guesses or down to law of averages. i just read the stories just for entertainment, but also just in case it's one of the 0.00075% that might be from someone who knows something.
  • [cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]Will people plaese stop loking at FR, I once put on there as a joke that Man City were looking to sign Goncalo Brandao for 10 million and they took it hook line and sinker

Stop ruining our fun.

Typical of Parky to sell Semedo yadda yadda, rubbish deal. I want my season ticket back etc
  • If you REALLY know something, then football rumours won't be your first port of call I reckon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Has someone here been on Football Rumours ?

25 Jul 2010 20:03:50
    After recently being released by Swansea, Guillem Bauza has turned his back on signing for Charlton Athletic after falling out with manager Phil Parkinson over the treatment of fellow Spaniard Miguel Llera. Although Llera will honour his contact at Charlton, Bauza will move across London this week to trial at Crystal Palace, where he will join Therry Racon who will agree a two year contract after being granted a free transfer away from Charlton who still need to significantly reduce thier playing staff costs for the forthcoming season. Charlton are now looking to the Scandinavian market to bolster thier squad ahead of season start, with Gunnar Thorvaldsson and Martin Fribrock already in London on trial.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Goncalo Brandao? Another one we missed out on. Not happy. Why didn't we sign him after his loan?[/quote]

Was on trial at Juve recently before he got injured playing a game for us
  • [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Has someone here been on Football Rumours ?

After recently being released by Swansea, Guillem Bauza has turned his back on signing for Charlton Athletic after falling out with manager Phil Parkinson over the treatment of fellow Spaniard Miguel Llera. Although Llera will honour his contact at Charlton, Bauza will move across London this week to trial at Crystal Palace, where he will join Therry Racon who will agree a two year contract after being granted a free transfer away from Charlton who still need to significantly reduce thier playing staff costs for the forthcoming season. Charlton are now looking to the Scandinavian market to bolster thier squad ahead of season start, with Gunnar Thorvaldsson and Martin Fribrock already in London on trial.

I think it more believable that we'd let Racon go on a free to get him off the wage book than I do that we'd sell him for 500k. Also, Bauza has played in 4 friendlies now so time for Parky to make his mind up or we might miss the boat, if we havn't done so already.
  • edited July 2010
    Football Rumours:
    24 Jul 2010 23:44:17
    Wolfsburg will clinch the signing of Semedo from Charlton early next week for 300k. Hes handed in a transfer request after being disallusioned with the amount of players his team have lost this summer. Charlton will also sell Thierry Racon to Notts Forest.

25 Jul 2010 17:20:43
    Crystal Palace News
    All has been very quiet lately, but I have heard from a source close to the club that Palace are to announce up to 4 signings next week. I believe one of them is the confirmation of Lewis Price's arrival from Derby County, but the other three signings are believed to be two midfielders and a striker. This would take Palace's total number of players signing to 7, but George Burley is very keen to reach the 10 mark due to the number of trialists which have played in the friendly games. It is evident that he wants more depth in the squad. As my source only knows that two midfielders will sign and a striker, I believe Burley will want another striker after that and a left back possibly.
    The only information I can reveal is that one of the midfielders is understood to be Charlton Athletic's Jose Semedo, who is rumoured to of handed in a transfer request. I do not know that for a fact, I just know Burley is very interested to land him, especially after the disappointment of losing out on Barnsley's Hugo Colace. A holding midfielder is needed and Semedo would fit the bill perfectly, after Derry's transfer to QPR. Colace was approached and was set to sign last week, but unfortunately decided to show his loyalty to Barnsley and sign a new deal. The bid for Semedo is unknown, but it is understood to be an enquiry. There have been reports linking him to clubs such as Celtic and Wolfsburg, but Palace will hope to make the player their own in this transfer battle. If Palace do miss out, then a bid will be in place for either Sheffield Wednesday's Sean McAllister or Charlton's Therry Racon, as both clubs are unfortunately struggling financially and maybe tempted to sell up. However, none of these bids will be over the £500,000 mark, as is evident in the other midfielder we are close to signing in Owen Garvan of Ipswich Town.
  • [cite]Posted By: CafcSteve[/cite]Football Rumours:
    Wolfsburg will clinch the signing of Semedo from Charlton early next week for 300k. Hes handed in a transfer request after being disallusioned with the amount of players his team have lost this summer. Charlton will also sell Thierry Racon to Notts Forest.

LOL. Read further down and he has also handed in a transfer request and is set to sign for Palarse, or is it Celtic. Jeez, this is getting out of hand.
  • Surely if Semedo was going he would not have played yesterday.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CafcSteve[/cite]Football Rumours:

LOL. Read further down and he has also handed in a transfer request and is set to sign for Palarse, or is it Celtic. Jeez, this is getting out of hand.

It's make your mind up time for Semedo in make-believe land
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite][url]http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Southampton-make-move-for-former-England-striker-Darius-Vassell-article537307.html[/url]
    Southampton linked with Vassell, and it's not from football-rumours.[/quote]

There after Nathan Tyson as well, That would be a good signing for this division.
  • Football Rumours again

25 Jul 2010 22:37:39
    Southampton to sign Etienne Esajas on a free. Subject to Medical.

COYR
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't believe we are still reading off Football rumours as site where anyone could post anything and get it on there.

My hunch is if Racon and Semedo were off they wouldn't be playing friendlies
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Has someone here been on Football Rumours ?

After recently being released by Swansea, Guillem Bauza has turned his back on signing for Charlton Athletic after falling out with manager Phil Parkinson over the treatment of fellow Spaniard Miguel Llera. Although Llera will honour his contact at Charlton, Bauza will move across London this week to trial at Crystal Palace, where he will join Therry Racon who will agree a two year contract after being granted a free transfer away from Charlton who still need to significantly reduce thier playing staff costs for the forthcoming season. Charlton are now looking to the Scandinavian market to bolster thier squad ahead of season start, with Gunnar Thorvaldsson and Martin Fribrock already in London on trial.[/quote]

If Bauza had fallen out with Parkinson i doubt he would have played against Barnet. As people have said as its from Football Rumours site i'm not too concerned about this. Bauza had a bad game, but it sounds like everyone did.

I'm more concerned that we only have 1 striker in Sodje and 1 goalkeeper in Elliott and the season opener is Saturday week. Parkinson appears to be pinning his hopes on Bauza and Thorvaldsson as his signings. The fact they haven't signed yet but are still on trial with us seems a bit strange. My thoughts are we have an agreement with Bauza that we will sign him up as soon as we get some money (otherwise why is he still with us). Thorvaldsson didn't complete his original trial so we will wait and see there.
  • http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1297718/Ipswich-clear-continues-Jon-Stead-heads-Bristol-City.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

The Lisbie story (again) and Lee Martin if we can haggle.
  • Lee Martin on loan would be quality. Surely a club like Man Utd would allow us to pay 0% contribution to his wages.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Lee Martin on loan would be quality. Surely a club like Man Utd would allow us to pay 0% contribution to his wages.

He's an Ipswich player.
  • so he is, my bad. misread the article.
  • Lee Martin n Lisbie would be great signings. Hoping we get them soon.
  • Lisbie would be insane to come back!
  • Someone on FR clearly likes posting anti Parky stories.Surely he would not have rejoined if this were true

26 Jul 2010 11:26:46
    Kyel Reid is set to quit Charlton after a bust up with Phil Parkinson, several clubs are eyeing up a move for winger Reid who has recently had his contract with Sheffield United mutually terminated.
  • [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Someone on FR clearly likes posting anti Parky stories.Surely he would not have rejoined if this were true

26 Jul 2010 11:26:46
    Kyel Reid is set to quit Charlton after a bust up with Phil Parkinson, several clubs are eyeing up a move for winger Reid who has recently had his contract with Sheffield United mutually terminated.
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=36309&newstype=p
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!